Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2x1 is back!, But now with more miles!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2016, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by soy
Lucky's just announced a deal going where OMAAT readers can get an extra 15% buying miles.

Interesting that they went with a major US blog this time, whereas previously it was a Brazilian blogger - maybe strong USD helps
Even more interesting:

On top of the additional bonus on purchased miles, there’s also going to be a special promotion for OMAAT readers redeeming miles (including for travel in first & business class), which I’ll be sharing the details of shortly. So I’d recommend registering at this link even if you’re not 100% sure if you’ll want to buy miles yet, just so you have the option and your account is activated for the bonus.

Goodbye, LM!
Old Dec 12, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
Originally Posted by MattEvan
Even more interesting:

On top of the additional bonus on purchased miles, there’s also going to be a special promotion for OMAAT readers redeeming miles (including for travel in first & business class), which I’ll be sharing the details of shortly. So I’d recommend registering at this link even if you’re not 100% sure if you’ll want to buy miles yet, just so you have the option and your account is activated for the bonus.

Goodbye, LM!
I tried to register but it would not let me enter my LM number - seems to be an issue with the site/page. Posted a comment on the feedback section. Will try again later.

Seems the issue is with Flash on my MacBook - I have it disabled but I believe I need an updated version as even when I re-enable it the OMAAT page still won't let me enter any info.

Last edited by pschafer; Dec 12, 2016 at 10:36 pm Reason: additional info
Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:17 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Worked for me just now.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:44 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
I was able to register a few minutes ago, curious to see what the redemption promotion will be.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:16 am

I am ready to buy but waiting to see the additional bonus I see the 40% maybe 10% rebate???
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Promo looks good from East Coast, but the fact that LH F is blocked makes the promo pretty useless...
Old Dec 14, 2016, 2:32 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by Guvner067
I got the 35% offer.
So did I. But when I click through on the buy miles page it only adds 30%!

It's rather academic for me really as I won't be buying. (I was just curious to see if the OMAAT bonus would show - it doesn't, presumably will be added later).
Old Dec 14, 2016, 4:16 am
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
I originally received a 130% offer. I then signed up for the 15% OMAAT bonus offer.

At the lifemiles website, I expected to see 145% bonus on a purchase of 150K miles, but saw only 140%. Not sure what to make of it.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yrs
I originally received a 130% offer. I then signed up for the 15% OMAAT bonus offer.

At the lifemiles website, I expected to see 145% bonus on a purchase of 150K miles, but saw only 140%. Not sure what to make of it.
LOL sure,
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
LOL sure,
Well , shouldn't 5% go to OMAAT too who 'worked' his/Her ... off to get you this 'fabulous' deal?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:35 pm

I'm trying to book SIN-NRT on NH in J, then NRT-JFK in F with LM. If I search separately, all the segments come up but nothing if I search SIN-JFK.
What should I do now
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:41 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
There is nothing you can do as they will not to screenshot bookings for mixed classes, See if you can get SIN to NRT in F and that will solve your problem
Old Dec 14, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I got 140%. (In Total) Not thoroughly convinced at that rate - wasn't it offered to us before some time ago?

However, still having 300k+ LM pending in my account and no LH F (with UA showing availability), it doesn't look worth it.

Another way of looking at it (long shot), and considering the possible sale/bankruptcy, would it be possible that UA pick up Aviana (as well as LM) then integrate it into MP?

Could there be a possibility that our LM miles might become UA miles?

Originally Posted by yrs

Same. +1.

Originally Posted by ExSin
Well , shouldn't 5% go to OMAAT too who 'worked' his/Her ... off to get you this 'fabulous' deal?

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Dec 15, 2016 at 2:16 am
Old Dec 14, 2016, 5:30 pm

I registered at OMAAT over 24 hours ago, but when I click through on the buy miles page it only adds 30%. Just re-registered, try again tomorrow I guess.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by elusive1
I registered at OMAAT over 24 hours ago, but when I click through on the buy miles page it only adds 30%. Just re-registered, try again tomorrow I guess.
Yes tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.