Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 26, 2014, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SingaporeDon
Originally Posted by Moderator2
Every forum on Flyertalk has a personality. A forum gains a personality through user input over time, and Lifemiles is a very definitive example of how users have developed a unique community.

While Flyertalk boards actively encourage sharing of info, the Lifemiles community has developed and thrived via obscuring of certain data elements. It may not be easy for new participants to break through the codes and gain knowledge of the program's quirks, but the overall board community has adopted this unique approach. And frankly, that is not going to change overnight.

If a FT member wants to participate on this board, then they will need to respect other users. Hence, posts that run counter to this community's standards, will be removed.
Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

LifeMiles' old Star Alliance Award Chart (before Oct 15 2014) // Table of changes

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).

Understand Cabotage: Departing country 1, transiting country 2, returning to country 1 (no stopping) *is* cabotage (example: depart JFK, connect in YYZ to return to ORD, or depart Miami, connect in Bogota, return to San Francisco). On the other hand, departing country 1, going to completely unrelated country 2, and ending up in country 3, is not cabotage. So if you fly JFK-JNB-ZRH, for instance, this is completely not cabotage.

Availability: Seeing availability for *A award seats elsewhere is no guarantee they are accessible on Lifemiles. For instance award space shown on ANA often is not accessible on Lifemiles. Similarly, finding award space on single legs doesn't mean you'll get award space on the combined itinerary. And no, there is no way to overcome that.

Screenshot Method
Send email to [email protected] with attached screenshots on Lifemiles website of each individual leg showing availability. Also, screenshot showing no availability as one booking. Include passenger names, gender and DOB and copy of passenger passport. They will either call you for payment or email the itinerary and give you 3 days to call up and make payment by CC.

NOTE: This previous thread has been closed; it can be read here LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by MultiFlyer
Already exists. The secret excel file in the aussie forum.
What do you mean?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by jfkeze
with United in the mix??? that's just asking for trouble... I've seen certain US territories to Cuba which by reading the Cuba forum seem to haven been flown without issues.

Just for kicks, I did search and find space ex-Cuba to the US on CM... but don't wan't to risk it...
Yeah but flights from San Juan and St Thomas are much less value as an intra-carribean award. Usually flights to Cuba from the mainland US are expensive because they require an international gateway, usually Panama or Bogota. No Star Alliance partners in Mexico City, and Air Canada inventory in Toronto is not released as award seats because its "Air Canada Vacations" (therefore, "charter", iirc). And of course, the numerous flights ex-Miami are all charter too.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:10 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen
There is no 22.5k in Business in the new *A chart which you probably are thinking about. Easy to check.

There is a very limited number of promotional C fares by Avianca at 22.5k (which you can't see in that chart), but I'm pretty sure the OP talks about pre deval.
the only one comes in mind is now 27k !
Old Nov 12, 2014, 5:53 pm

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Originally Posted by Colkurt
What do you mean?
There's a spreadsheet that was made by members of AFF with all the routings maxizing your miles .
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:09 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
all the routings maxizing your miles .
Which as I've said before is a huge overstatement of the scope of this spreadsheet! The spreadsheet was actually set up to share details mainly of Virgin Australia status runs. At some point a LifeMiles tab was added and it contains only very rudimentary details of some miscoded cities, really nothing about creative routings (boomerangs) and is very rarely updated. There is more info posted openly in this thread than appears in the spreadsheet!
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Which as I've said before is a huge overstatement of the scope of this spreadsheet! The spreadsheet was actually set up to share details mainly of Virgin Australia status runs. At some point a LifeMiles tab was added and it contains only very rudimentary details of some miscoded cities, really nothing about creative routings (boomerangs) and is very rarely updated. There is more info posted openly in this thread than appears in the spreadsheet!
And that LM tab is pretty useless now, isn't it?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:12 pm

Who says there's only one spreadsheet?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by imverge
Who says there's only one spreadsheet?
Even if there are 100 spreadsheets, 99% of what's in them is useless
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:31 pm

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Maybe for you but not for others
Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:49 pm

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; SM-G900F Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2125.114 Mobile Safari/537.36)

All the stuff out there I've seen (and I can't talk about any Australian spreadsheets in special) has merely historic value. so much has changed that it must be utterly frustrating for a newcomer to wade through all the great defunct routes
Old Nov 13, 2014, 1:20 am

Programs: Free agent flyer, Hyatt Globalist
Looks like LM has a new results page interface where they can show different mileage rates (presumably like UA does for Saver/Standard awards). I assume this only applies to Avianca-operated flights:

(or at least this is new to me?)
Old Nov 13, 2014, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by kluever
Looks like LM has a new results page interface where they can show different mileage rates (presumably like UA does for Saver/Standard awards). I assume this only applies to Avianca-operated flights:

(or at least this is new to me?)
This is AV only and not new.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 1:46 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by mlqsko
This is AV only and not new.
And we get a poster telling us about this new development once every 1 to 2 months I guess too
Old Nov 13, 2014, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
And we get a poster telling us about this new development once every 1 to 2 months I guess too
It is good to be in the loop
Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by mlqsko
It is good to be in the loop
I was so discouraged last month. However I got up early this morning, put my fingers to work and saw to my pleasure that it is still possible to do good deals

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Nov 13, 2014 at 4:41 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.