Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Coronawiki (March 2020)
Does anyone know if Lifemiles will waive cancellation fees for an award ticket due to COVID-19 concerns?
Unfortunately, barring an outright flight cancellation, Lifemiles will not waive cancel fees.
Just pay the $200 as a "self caution fee". (nobody is actually preventing you the passenger from flying as you booked).
In the future, it would be wise to invest in travel insurance.
=====
Transferring Amex MR points will extend expiration of LM. Post #906 confirms this. Expiration date updates overnight, so wait 24 hours after the transferred miles have posted to LM.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An example is travel on Avianca from LAX to SJU (via SAL/BOG). For additional information see the WIKI of this thread.

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/abo/wnb/wnbtercond.aspx
Miles Expiration Policy valid from April 15th , 2018.
  1. Any miles accrual transaction in a member´s account in the Program extends the validity of the miles in the account of such member for a term of twelve (12) months from the date of such accrual of miles. Other transactions that may affect the balance of miles in a member’s account, including redemption transactions, will have no effect on them and will not extend the validity of the miles in such account. This general rule will have the following exceptions that extend the validity of such miles in the account of such member for twenty-four (24) months from the date of such accrual: (i) any accrual of miles in a member´s account with an Elite Status at the time of the accrual; (ii) any accrual of miles derived from a cobranded credit or debit cards under the LifeMiles brand.
  2. ......the following accrual activities do not extend the validity of the miles in the member´s account: 1) the birthday bonus or any other miles bonus that may be given by the LifeMiles Program and LifeMiles LTD so establishes.; 2) the migration of points or miles from other loyalty programs to the LifeMiles Program made as a consequence of the union of both loyalty programs or the migration of one member from another loyalty program to the LifeMiles Program; and 3) the merger of accounts of the LifeMiles Program, including those derived from a member´s duplicate accounts.
Print Wikipost

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2013, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by onlysuites
You can do it up until a couple of hours before departure (might be even up until departure) $150 per person change fee if the dept/arrival is same. If not then a cancel and reissue is required which costs $50 and can take up to 3 days to get the miles redeposited.
So it's cheaper to cancel and rebook rather than change? I guess one also has to include the partner award booking fee when rebooking.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by UA Fan
So it's cheaper to cancel and rebook rather than change? I guess one also has to include the partner award booking fee when rebooking.
Yes. If you can spare the time then I would recommend cancel and rebook which puts your costs up to $75 per ticket. Still half price though but you need to wait for the taxes to be refunded if you do this.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 5:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
If your award was booked pre-deval can you make a change without more miles/money?
Old Jul 2, 2013, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by asdf1223
If your award was booked pre-deval can you make a change without more miles/money?
I would assume so as they don't mess about with the points then.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:23 am

I just found that no ANA award tickets could be found by Lifemiles now, while there are plenty on United.com.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Edmo1
I just found that no ANA award tickets could be found by Lifemiles now, while there are plenty on United.com.
It seems like you can't find anything on lifemiels now.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yerffej201
I agree with you.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Their website is really ....ed up... Could they just hire some better computer people?!!
Old Jul 4, 2013, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Edmo1
Their website is really ....ed up... Could they just hire some better computer people?!!
If you think the website is bad try calling them. I have said it before and will say it again, these guys make BMI DC reps look like the creme de la creme of call center reps.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 12:52 am

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
sorry,but any idea when next promo is likely to be???
Old Jul 23, 2013, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
sorry,but any idea when next promo is likely to be???
I think September (ish)

You know if you need the miles right now you could always do something which will take 2-3 days and works out at almost the same cost. PM me for details.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 4:27 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I think September (ish)
Strange, as they usually alternate between promos of sharing miles and purchasing miles. Haven't seen anything since the Freddie Awards
Old Aug 2, 2013, 3:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
Hi forumers,
Seems that Lifemiles just started a new 1for1 campaign this month.
I bought enough miles for a redemption ticket in SQ J class.
I have gotten the PNR number, and it also shows on SQ's website.
However SQ's website says that it has not been ticketed and will be cancelled in about 3 days time unless a ticket is issued. I called SQ, and apparently it is Avanca who has to ticket the reservation.

May I know how long it normally takes for a Lifemiles redemption to be ticketed?
Thanks in advance for your kind help!
Old Aug 2, 2013, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Award availability Europe - SE Asia

I'm very new to LM, but this ongoing 1+1 promo seems interesting.

How good is in general J award availability from Europe to BKK/SIN or maybe HKG? I don't specifically prefer any *A partner and am rather flexible on the departure airport, too LH, LX, OS, SK, TG, SQ, TK - bring it on!
Old Aug 2, 2013, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by landingpoint
Hi forumers,
Seems that Lifemiles just started a new 1for1 campaign this month.
I bought enough miles for a redemption ticket in SQ J class.
I have gotten the PNR number, and it also shows on SQ's website.
However SQ's website says that it has not been ticketed and will be cancelled in about 3 days time unless a ticket is issued. I called SQ, and apparently it is Avanca who has to ticket the reservation.

May I know how long it normally takes for a Lifemiles redemption to be ticketed?
Thanks in advance for your kind help!
Wait at least 24 hours, it is not instant... Last time ticketing with SQ took a bit more than 24 hrs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.