Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Asiana Club Status Period Extension due to COVID-19?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana Club Status Period Extension due to COVID-19?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2024, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by LAX
Does OZ do soft landing? While I am not sure if information from Asiana Club office in Korea would be more authoritative, just curious why you called other countries instead (you did explain Australia).
Dear LAX,

Thank you for your response )) This is what I can't understand, if a soft landing or not - I'm told different things by different offices. I called the office in Korea (was on hold for 46 minutes) and was told "I don't actually know, I'm sorry" by the representative. I kindly asked to speak to a supervisor and they said they cannot transfer me. I couldn't waste another long wait on hold. Unsure if anyone here has any experience with it recently.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 7:47 pm

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
A member of my family had had a soft landing from Diamond to Gold in Dec 2021 (they are now back up to Diamond after some flying). The rest of us have had status extensions over the pandemic and post-pandemic period. I don't understand why one family member would not get an extension when the others did, but everyone's two-year period is different, so maybe it's to do with when Asiana started extending status. But soft landings seem to be how it works if you don't have enough miles to renew, at least in one of our family's experience.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 8:02 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
wyvern,
A couple of likely reasons, different base/extension dates and OZ's general quirkiness especially with the Asiana Club and the IT system with non Korean stuff. I've never had any major issues that don't get resolved in a day or less when I call the Customer Service team in LA but they end up dealing with Korea a lot of times to get the workaround/authorization to fix things which can take a little while. Diamond Plus status seems to help once somebody realizes it (usually the Korean side), especially when LA mentions to Korea that mine's Lifetime.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 10:34 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kaku_jinbutsu
Just a data point: similarly my Diamond status (expected to expire today Nov 30 2023) was extended a further 12 months to November 2024. Having already achieved *G status with NH, I only had minimal credit card accrual to OZ over the past year, so it was a nice surprise.
I hope they keep this up. My status ends in April and I would have hit at least Diamond except I caught COVID mid-trip. Not looking forward to begging OZ Club for an extension/more time to re-qualify.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 6:14 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by maestro1981
Dear LAX,

Thank you for your response )) This is what I can't understand, if a soft landing or not - I'm told different things by different offices. I called the office in Korea (was on hold for 46 minutes) and was told "I don't actually know, I'm sorry" by the representative. I kindly asked to speak to a supervisor and they said they cannot transfer me. I couldn't waste another long wait on hold. Unsure if anyone here has any experience with it recently.
I am surprised the Korean office was even less helpful. I remember reading old threads about how OZ offices (not sure which departments) based in Korea were more helpful than those in other countries. It sounds like OZ does offer soft-landing based others reporting here. Whether it's for everyone is another story, I supposed.

LAX
Old Jan 18, 2024, 9:55 pm

After being continuously extended, finally got bumped down to Gold from Diamond. It was fun while it lasted.
SightseeMC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.