Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Asiana Club Status Period Extension due to COVID-19?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana Club Status Period Extension due to COVID-19?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2023, 10:22 am

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by geclub1
Mine expires SEP 2023. I will post whether mine is extended.
Good news. Today, 27SEP2023, OZ sent an email that my Diamond status has been extended for another 12 months, to 30SEP2024.
sfosuw and SightseeMC like this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 6:48 pm

Awesome, thank you!!
Old Oct 1, 2023, 1:54 am

No email for me, but when I checken my Asiana Club Account today, I saw my status had been extended for two years.

Edited: I did receive a confirmation by email a few days later.
SightseeMC likes this.

Last edited by roundita; Oct 8, 2023 at 3:53 pm Reason: Update on mail added.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 7:51 am

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
Did Asiana extend your qualifying period (didn't reset the status miles counter) or just granted you status for another 2 years ?
Old Oct 8, 2023, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by SPlDER
Did Asiana extend your qualifying period (didn't reset the status miles counter) or just granted you status for another 2 years ?
A new qualifying period started. However, according to my own calculation my status should have been extended for another 12 month and the 15k or so miles would have made a good start for the following qualification period. Now I have 2 years to gather 30k miles to keep my status, that is fine with me.
SPlDER and SightseeMC like this.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 11:14 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by roundita
A new qualifying period started. However, according to my own calculation my status should have been extended for another 12 month and the 15k or so miles would have made a good start for the following qualification period. Now I have 2 years to gather 30k miles to keep my status, that is fine with me.
Interesting. My email (April) showed that my qualification period had been extended for another 12 months (along with D+ privileges).

Anybody know if I'll get a "soft landing" to Diamond by reaching the Diamond retention qualification during the period (30K miles)? I won't even come close to D+ this time around as my personal business travel is way down.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 10:10 am

I wonder if OZ decided internally to extend status indefinitely pending the merger with KE but they're only "announcing" the extensions 1 year at a time.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 7:31 pm

Was Diamond extension always 30,000 miles? I always thought it was 40,000 miles to both qualify and re-qualify. Anyway, turns out I wasn't a transpac away from re-qualifying but 500 miles away due to the 30,000 mile requirement. So I am doing a short trip this weekend just to play it safe as my qualification period was already extended by 2 years.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 10:06 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by vprp
Was Diamond extension always 30,000 miles? I always thought it was 40,000 miles to both qualify and re-qualify. Anyway, turns out I wasn't a transpac away from re-qualifying but 500 miles away due to the 30,000 mile requirement. So I am doing a short trip this weekend just to play it safe as my qualification period was already extended by 2 years.
Yes, it's been 30K for quite awhile. Makes life quite a bit easier.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by SightseeMC
Yes, it's been 30K for quite awhile. Makes life quite a bit easier.
Just completed my short trip and re-qualified for Diamond. Will report back to see if they extend my qualification period again to hit Diamond+.
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by vprp
Just completed my short trip and re-qualified for Diamond. Will report back to see if they extend my qualification period again to hit Diamond+.
Looks like they did not extend my qualification period again to reach Diamond+. Good thing I did the short trip to re-qualify for Diamond.
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 11:19 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
my wife's Diamond status was extended a further 12 months. The expiry for her previous Diamond status was the end of October, 2023, and she received an email yesterday informing her of the extension. As an added data point, she did not book any Asiana flights, nor credit any of her *A miles to her OZ account this past year.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 6:15 am

Programs: *G (NH); OWS (JL); STE (KE)
Originally Posted by sol95
my wife's Diamond status was extended a further 12 months. The expiry for her previous Diamond status was the end of October, 2023, and she received an email yesterday informing her of the extension. As an added data point, she did not book any Asiana flights, nor credit any of her *A miles to her OZ account this past year.
Just a data point: similarly my Diamond status (expected to expire today Nov 30 2023) was extended a further 12 months to November 2024. Having already achieved *G status with NH, I only had minimal credit card accrual to OZ over the past year, so it was a nice surprise.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 8:14 pm

I currently have Diamond Plus membership expiring in April 2024. As I have only credited 10'000 points to OZ in the past 2 years, I called up the Australian office (where I am) and they said that I would be downgraded to Diamond in May 2024. I then rang the Japanese Asiana Club office and they said I would be downgraded to Silver in May 2024. Then I rang the China Asiana Club office and they said I would be downgraded to Diamond. Who do I believe?
Old Jan 12, 2024, 10:34 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by maestro1981
I currently have Diamond Plus membership expiring in April 2024. As I have only credited 10'000 points to OZ in the past 2 years, I called up the Australian office (where I am) and they said that I would be downgraded to Diamond in May 2024. I then rang the Japanese Asiana Club office and they said I would be downgraded to Silver in May 2024. Then I rang the China Asiana Club office and they said I would be downgraded to Diamond. Who do I believe?
Does OZ do soft landing? While I am not sure if information from Asiana Club office in Korea would be more authoritative, just curious why you called other countries instead (you did explain Australia).

LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.