Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Asiana Club Status Period Extension due to COVID-19?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana Club Status Period Extension due to COVID-19?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2022, 4:23 am

From what I’ve gathered, status and eligibility period will be extended in 2022 only if you haven’t already earned the necessary miles to maintain your current status.

For example, if you’re presently a Gold member but haven’t requalified for Gold, you’re status and eligibility period will be extended one additional year.

If you’re presently a Diamond member and have already requalified for Diamond but would like to earn Diamond Plus, you’re status and eligibility period won’t be extended.

Has anyone experienced differently?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by walked2far
From what I’ve gathered, status and eligibility period will be extended in 2022 only if you haven’t already earned the necessary miles to maintain your current status.

For example, if you’re presently a Gold member but haven’t requalified for Gold, you’re status and eligibility period will be extended one additional year.

If you’re presently a Diamond member and have already requalified for Diamond but would like to earn Diamond Plus, you’re status and eligibility period won’t be extended.

Has anyone experienced differently?
Thats the impression I got from the Asiana contact form reply. I was already a Asiana Diamond and their reply stated both evaluation period and status will be extended. I'm only a few k miles away from requalification so I'll wait and see what happens when I hit that milestone and see I get a new status from 2022-2024 or if they'll backdate it.

Either way, I'll be sure to come back early June to report what happens.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 6:20 am

Programs: OZ*G, QF Gold
I will also report here in early June. Currently Diamond with status due to expire on May 31st. Being based in Melbourne, Australia (very harsh restrictions for most of 2020-21) means that I haven't been able to fly international long-haul at all since March 2020. I do have a super long haul itinerary booked in SQ J in June which should requalify me for Diamond in one go! After I get the miles from that though, I'm probably just going to empty out my OZ account with one big long-haul J redemption (fingers crossed that I can find availability...) and then jump ship to another program before the merger is fully implemented.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:21 am

My Diamond status is up at the end of May....if in June Asiana decides not to extend my status qualification period, I guess I'll have to jump ship to Delta. I wonder if I can match matched Delta status to someone else (e.g. UA).
Old May 15, 2022, 1:00 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
It's interesting to come back here and read how other people have had their evaluation periods reset. I've just been getting 6-month extensions for both my status and evaluation periods, leaving me 9500 miles short of retaining Diamond and an expiration date of Oct-31-2022. But with this uncertainty I'm wondering if I should search out a mileage run to retain that or hope that they'll roll over my status and restart my evaluation period once October rolls around.

(my previous status had mostly been earned based on semi-frequent travel to China, and well, that's not opening up again anytime soon)
Old May 18, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: Asiana Diamond+, Qantas Gold, Virgin Gold
It appears another status extension may be looming so this may be a moot point, but for the sake of clarity as the OZ website isn't 100% clear on this and I can't find an answer despite digging around for quite a while:

If I'm Diamond Plus, and I earn enough miles to maintain Diamond under the lower maintenance requirements but not enough to maintain Diamond Plus, do I still get Diamond after having only earned the 30,000? Or does the lower maintenance standard only apply to your current tier?

I would assume the answer is that the lower maintenance requirements of each level below your current one apply for renewal, but I did just want to check. I will have hit the 30,000 to maintain Diamond but not enough to reach Diamond Plus, but want to make sure I'm not missing a tiny technicality.
Old May 22, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Hi everyone

For those people whose qualifying periods have been extended by a year, are the miles you have earned towards status still included in your requalification total or reset to zero?

I ask because I'm considering crediting approx 20K of United travel to my OZ account, which will get me 2/3 of the way towards requalifying for Diamond. My original qualification period will finish on June 30th 2022, so I'm assuming that will be extended to June 30th, 2023. However will I then only need to earn 10K miles in the additional 12 months, or will it reset to requiring the full 30K miles?
Old Jun 3, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
My Diamond status earned in May of 2019 (extended earlier to May 2022, finally extended to May 2023 yesterday) seems to have an adjusted qualifying window of June 1, 2020 to May 31st, 2023. Shame that my ~25k miles earned in July - December 2019 won't count for status, but at least Diamond Requalification is only 30k miles and I have just 22.5k left to go... pretty much a single flight in SQ Premium Economy from NYC to anywhere!
FlyingJoy likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: OZ*G, QF Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingJoy
I will also report here in early June. Currently Diamond with status due to expire on May 31st. Being based in Melbourne, Australia (very harsh restrictions for most of 2020-21) means that I haven't been able to fly international long-haul at all since March 2020. I do have a super long haul itinerary booked in SQ J in June which should requalify me for Diamond in one go! After I get the miles from that though, I'm probably just going to empty out my OZ account with one big long-haul J redemption (fingers crossed that I can find availability...) and then jump ship to another program before the merger is fully implemented.
Reporting back as promised. A few days before expiry, my status and qualification period were automatically extended until 31 May 2023 without me having to contact Asiana. I didn't (couldn't) fly on *A at all between 31 May 2020 and 31 May 2022, but I will earn just over 30,000 miles on the aforementioned SQ J flights. Very pleased with my perfect timing, and looking forward to enjoying my first international trip since Jan 2020 in just two weeks' time! In 2021, I even managed to leverage my OZ*G to get a status fast track to QF Gold. This might come in handy when it's time for me to move to another *A program
SPN Lifer and SightseeMC like this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 4:08 pm

My status was scheduled to expire in May 2022. Both status and qualification period were extended to the end of May 2023 when I checked late on May 31 (in Europe at the time - I suppose it was June 1 in Seoul).

All of my flown miles were included in the miles toward status....13k to go I miss the days when UA was 100% on all paid Y tickets lol
Old Jul 5, 2022, 8:59 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Checking back in with our experience. Both my partner and I had requalification dates of June 30, 2022. He had accrued zero miles in the preceding 24 month qualification period, I had managed around 17,000. For us both, our Diamond status was extended by one more year to June 30, 2023 (and my 17K miles accrued are still showing in my status requalification balance, so I only need another ~13K in the next 12 months to retain Diamond).

Happy with this outcome ^
Old Jul 6, 2022, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by mad_atta
Checking back in with our experience. Both my partner and I had requalification dates of June 30, 2022. He had accrued zero miles in the preceding 24 month qualification period, I had managed around 17,000. For us both, our Diamond status was extended by one more year to June 30, 2023 (and my 17K miles accrued are still showing in my status requalification balance, so I only need another ~13K in the next 12 months to retain Diamond).

Happy with this outcome ^
Hello, when is your account extended? Mine is expiring in 2 weeks and it is still not extended. Sent 2 emails to customer service, both did not hear back.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by LMYRMQ622003250
Hello, when is your account extended? Mine is expiring in 2 weeks and it is still not extended. Sent 2 emails to customer service, both did not hear back.
It will be extended the morning after your status runs out, so August 1st (Seoul time).
Old Jul 7, 2022, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by stupidhead
It will be extended the morning after your status runs out, so August 1st (Seoul time).
Yes, that was my experience too. My requalification year ended on June 30th and I got my status extension email on July 1st.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 11:01 pm

How long with Asiana extend the status? Mine will be expiring on October 31, 2022. How likely will I get the extension?
kaffir76 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.