Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Asiana Club Status Period Extension due to COVID-19?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana Club Status Period Extension due to COVID-19?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2021, 3:28 am

Programs: CX-DIAMOND, OZ-DIAMOND
Please refer...
https://flyasiana.com/C/KR/EN/custom...=0&searchText=

Notice on extension of Elite Member Status Retention
views 4,848

For the convenience of all Asiana Club members who have not been able to fly due to COVID-19,
we have extended the retention period of elite member status by 1 year to 2021.(24 months → 36 months)

Individual notices will be sent out in order of membership period. Details can be found in [ MY > My Asiana]

Last edited by dai0906; Mar 28, 2021 at 4:42 am
Old Mar 29, 2021, 1:18 am

Programs: Diamond Asiana Cub // FF Miles&More // Diamond HHonors
Originally Posted by dai0906
Please refer...

views 4,848

For the convenience of all Asiana Club members who have not been able to fly due to COVID-19,
we have extended the retention period of elite member status by 1 year to 2021.(24 months → 36 months)

Individual notices will be sent out in order of membership period. Details can be found in [ MY > My Asiana]
great news! I was sad losing the requalification to gold in April because of missing 2k .. Now I just went to my account and it stills shows “only” the 6 monts extension that is ending soon. I hope the additional 6 months will be added and I can go to Korea this summer with family (yes nice try)!

thanks for sharing this 1 year info!
Old Mar 29, 2021, 7:22 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by dai0906
Please refer...

views 4,848

This notice was sent out at the beginning of March? My date still shows Oct 2021, which was my original expiration date. I am going to make Diamond by then anyways (hopefully), but having an extra year would mean I could get Diamond+
Old Mar 29, 2021, 8:17 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
This notice was sent out at the beginning of March? My date still shows Oct 2021, which was my original expiration date. I am going to make Diamond by then anyways (hopefully), but having an extra year would mean I could get Diamond+
Same, mine shows my original expiration date of July 2021.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 9:55 am

It does say

Individual notices will be sent out in order of membership period.

When extended for 6 months last year, it was extended after the expiration date of membership period. So I think it will be the same.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 10:51 am

I don't really understand these extensions that they're giving out.

I'm currently in my "evaluation period" which runs from May 2020 - April 2022. Does this new announcement mean I'll get that extended by 1 year (ie. from 24 to 36 months)?

I'm confused by when they say "we have extended the retention period of elite member status by 1 year to 2021".

What does it mean by retention period, and why do they say they'll extend by 1 year to 2021, when we're already a quarter way through 2021...
Old Mar 29, 2021, 12:11 pm

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
You probably won't get anything. My evaluation period was 30/11/2020 - the new status is valid until 30/11/2022 - I didn't get an extension of 6/12 m at all. My girlfriend's evaluation period is 03/31/2021, her status is extended until 03/31/2022.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 6:02 pm

I checked my account now, expiration date is extended to Sep. 2021!
My original expiration date was Sep. 20, and changed to Mar. 21 which 6 months extended last year.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 8:33 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Very cool! My evaluation period was scheduled to end today and now I see it's been extended to 31.3.22
Old Mar 31, 2021, 1:09 pm

My diamond status is valid until 2021.05.31. Evaluation period is 2018.12.01 ~ 2021.05.31. In this period, I did not earn much miles (10k). Can I expect an extension of my status, or do I loose my diamond status end of May and just get a longer evaluation period (which does not help)?
Old Apr 1, 2021, 5:09 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by peterpsi
My diamond status is valid until 2021.05.31. Evaluation period is 2018.12.01 ~ 2021.05.31. In this period, I did not earn much miles (10k). Can I expect an extension of my status, or do I loose my diamond status end of May and just get a longer evaluation period (which does not help)?
My guess would be you will see your status extended at the end of May. When people in this thread whose status expired in January said their status had been extended, mine still showed 31 March as the end of my earning period. Yesterday, when I logged in, I saw it had been extended a year. As people say upthread, Asiana said they would do extensions on a rolling basis by the end of the evaluation period.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 12:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
My evaluation period ended 2/28 and I didn’t get extended. Weird.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 2:08 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I'm sure the OZ program makes perfect sense to everyone else here, but for whatever reason I find it confusing as hell. My old OLD post history in this sub would illustrate that lol.

I'm currently Diamond, I have been for....I dunno, 3 years? I earned the status so fast (not a brag, just a fact) that my evaluation period got like...tacked on to my status period? So my 2 years of status was really like 3 and change because I got the status quickly. After that I barely credited anything to OZ, for various reasons, and prior to COVID I had a plan to just shift most of my earning back like 10-12 months out from my status dropping off. Well obviously that's not happening, I haven't stepped foot on a plane since Feb 2020 and I don't see it happening at least until June now and even then it'll probably be on non-Star carriers first burning off the various credits I have.

1) How can I tell when my CURRENT status ends? The date my slider shows is May 31, but I'm not sure if that's a status end date, or qualification end date.

2) How can I tell my progress in my current evaluation period for the status continuation? It says evaluation period is 2019.06.01 - 2021.05.31 but it shows I've earned past Diamond status, but I'm under the impression that's how I got the current status I'm on, not that I'll be a diamond status after May 31. Or am I reading this wrong?

On my profile now it says...

"you will be upgraded to Diamond Plus (which I never intended on doing cuz there were no benefits to me) by earning an additional 88,442 tier miles..."

So I presume THAT means my status expires May 31, 2021. But assuming that is the case, I have no idea when me re-qualification period started or how far along I am. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't need to start at 0 miles as I did credit SOME flights to OZ. Also if there's an extension (which I hope there would be) I can't tell if I was already given an extension or not, tbh I don't remember what my previous expiration was because it was a non-issue.

If I get no status extension and have to start back at 0....that's really gonna suck and is kinda unfair since there's just been no opportunity to fly and I would've been on track to renew otherwise without any issues.

Last edited by drvannostren; Apr 5, 2021 at 2:14 pm
Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by drvannostren
I'm sure the OZ program makes perfect sense to everyone else here, but for whatever reason I find it confusing as hell. My old OLD post history in this sub would illustrate that lol.

I'm currently Diamond, I have been for....I dunno, 3 years? I earned the status so fast (not a brag, just a fact) that my evaluation period got like...tacked on to my status period? So my 2 years of status was really like 3 and change because I got the status quickly. After that I barely credited anything to OZ, for various reasons, and prior to COVID I had a plan to just shift most of my earning back like 10-12 months out from my status dropping off. Well obviously that's not happening, I haven't stepped foot on a plane since Feb 2020 and I don't see it happening at least until June now and even then it'll probably be on non-Star carriers first burning off the various credits I have.

1) How can I tell when my CURRENT status ends? The date my slider shows is May 31, but I'm not sure if that's a status end date, or qualification end date.

2) How can I tell my progress in my current evaluation period for the status continuation? It says evaluation period is 2019.06.01 - 2021.05.31 but it shows I've earned past Diamond status, but I'm under the impression that's how I got the current status I'm on, not that I'll be a diamond status after May 31. Or am I reading this wrong?

On my profile now it says...

"you will be upgraded to Diamond Plus (which I never intended on doing cuz there were no benefits to me) by earning an additional 88,442 tier miles..."

So I presume THAT means my status expires May 31, 2021. But assuming that is the case, I have no idea when me re-qualification period started or how far along I am. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't need to start at 0 miles as I did credit SOME flights to OZ. Also if there's an extension (which I hope there would be) I can't tell if I was already given an extension or not, tbh I don't remember what my previous expiration was because it was a non-issue.

If I get no status extension and have to start back at 0....that's really gonna suck and is kinda unfair since there's just been no opportunity to fly and I would've been on track to renew otherwise without any issues.
Simple way to think of it is that Asiana uses 2 year evaluation periods, where you are granted whatever status level you achieve as soon as you meet the requirements.
Every 2 year period is a new evaluation period, and you get to keep your previously earned status during that period.

So sounds like you managed to get Diamond within first year of your evaluation period, so therefore, you get to keep that status for the remainder of that first evaluation period + another evaluation period.
Based on the info you've given, if by 2021.05.31, you have not earned sufficient miles to requalify (ie. 30K miles between 2019.06.01 - 2021.05.31), you'll lose your Diamond status.
Since Diamond Plus requires 100K miles, you have earned 11,558 during the current evaluation period. This means that you'll need 18,442 miles prior to 2021.05.31 to maintain Diamond status, unless you get an extension.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by drvannostren

I'm currently Diamond, I have been for....I dunno, 3 years? I earned the status so fast (not a brag, just a fact) that my evaluation period got like...tacked on to my status period?
It works no differently than any other status program that grants status as soon as the qualifying requirements are achieved (which is nearly all of them). Once the required mileage is reached on OZ, status is given for both the remainder of the current membership period as well as the following membership period.

Also, it is possible to track earned mileage over any period by selecting the "My Mileage" section after logging in on the Asiana FFP website. So just set the start date to the beginning of your membership period and click "earned miles" which should be accurate for most people with our use case (and you can just subtract any extraneous earnings if necessary).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.