Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
FAQs

Please help populate this Wiki by adding what you see as a relevant question and by providing the answer.

Claim for missing miles.
Print Wikipost

FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jon503
Yes, it sounds like you are still in your first evaluation period. You have two years to qualify for the two years following your initial evaluation period (so until 2018/09/30), but the nice thing is that if you qualify early - like with your Asiana Gold status - you actually get more than 2 years of status for this initial period. In other words, you have until 2018/09/30 to get the additional 20,000 miles needed to reach Diamond status, which will then last from the day you attain it until 2020/09/30.

This also means that your first re-qualification will start after 2018/09/30, when the status mile counter is reset for everything except lifetime miles.
thank you! will redeem tickets instead of buying tickets now since any purchases wouldnt count till after 2018/09/30
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:44 pm

Flying OZ235, ORD to ICN on Monday, 2355 12 March 2018 in business. Looking for lounge options. Swiss and SAS close too early per websites. See United lounges in T1 are open until 2100 and 2200. Understand there is no airside connection from T1 to T5 later in the evening. Are there any lounge agreements in place for later times in T5? No luck searching here or on other websites discussing ORD lounges. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:53 am

You can use the Star Alliance Lounge Finder. Looks like at least for J flyers they contract with the JAL Lounge
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by VTerforlife
Flying OZ235, ORD to ICN on Monday, 2355 12 March 2018 in business. Looking for lounge options. Swiss and SAS close too early per websites. See United lounges in T1 are open until 2100 and 2200. Understand there is no airside connection from T1 to T5 later in the evening. Are there any lounge agreements in place for later times in T5? No luck searching here or on other websites discussing ORD lounges. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
OZ website says they use the SAS lounge which remains open until 2325(Partner Lounges < At the Airport < Information & Service < Home) so there's probably some sort of agreement in place with SK for it.

Also if you have plenty of time to spare at ORD you can choose to clear security at T1 to use the UA Polaris lounge (which closes at 9pm unfortunately, but they have much better food/liquor and also showers) and then exit landside to T5 afterward.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by truncated
OZ website says they use the SAS lounge which remains open until 2325(Partner Lounges < At the Airport < Information & Service < Home) so there's probably some sort of agreement in place with SK for it.

Also if you have plenty of time to spare at ORD you can choose to clear security at T1 to use the UA Polaris lounge (which closes at 9pm unfortunately, but they have much better food/liquor and also showers) and then exit landside to T5 afterward.
Flying into ORD from BTV with arrival times anywhere from 1900 to 2030 this past week to B, C, E, or F gates. Was hoping to get to see the Polaris lounge at least for a few minutes. ORD websites and Google Maps were showing Swiss lounge closing at 1900 and SAS lounge closing at 2000. Was hoping for something to fill in the 2-3 hours or so until my flight. This is excellent information. Another example of FlyerTalk coming through for those who ask. Thank you very much.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:35 am

Having flown from ORD last week I can confirm that the SAS lounge stays open until the departure of OZ235, there is a dedicated OZ staff member in OZ uniform in the lounge.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Questions re: Asiana

I'm considering booking an award on Asiana but don't know much about the product. My destination is PVG, so I was considering booking JFK-ICN-PVG where there would be an overnight layover and I would continue on in J the following morning. The next day would I be able to use the F lounge? Is Asiana worth flying in F? What type of fuel surcharges can I expect from them? How would they compare to other airlines F cabins like JAL, ANA, SQ,CX?
Old Mar 24, 2018, 4:02 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
I'm going to fly JFK-ICN-BKK on OZ:

- First Class JFK-ICN
- Business Class ICN-BKK (since they don't offer F on that flight).

Will I have access to the First Class Lounge in ICN, or just the Business Class Lounge? This is on an award ticket, if that matters.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 3:38 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I think it is always worth flying in F and the Asiana F product is very nice. Having said this, it is not as over the top as that of some other carriers. I think this is true for any class of service on OZ. Where they shine is with an excellent cabin service. I don't think you will be able to use the F lounge when departing in J but the lounge is nothing to write home about anyway. Usually you can't do much wrong booking F on OZ.
wpcoe likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 5:42 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
I think it is always worth flying in F and the Asiana F product is very nice. Having said this, it is not as over the top as that of some other carriers. I think this is true for any class of service on OZ. Where they shine is with an excellent cabin service. I don't think you will be able to use the F lounge when departing in J but the lounge is nothing to write home about anyway. Usually you can't do much wrong booking F on OZ.
Thanks. I was encouraged by a good friend to try F instead of J which I've been flying since it's "good enough" for me. He said I'll be quite pleased with OZ F especially since the suites have doors and privacy is one of my top seating priorities. I find the Smartium J seats, especially the true window seats on the A380, to be quite good for privacy. But, I think I'll really like having a door.

I was hoping to try the ICN OZ F lounge because the J lounge was so packed the previous time I flew this same itinerary. I'll ask at the J lounge outbound BKK-ICN-JFK (when I'm in J the whole way) about my return when it's F-J.

This trip is using AV LifeMiles (award ticket) and to upgrade from J to F on the JFK-ICN segment was only about 12k miles, so I thought why not give F a try.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:53 am

When you are at Incheon airport (Seoul) you have the option of paying for access to the first class lounge. I never did because business class was good enough for me, but if you really want to experience first class lounge, that could be an option for you. I don't remember how much it costs, but I think it was about $50.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by erik19283
When you are at Incheon airport (Seoul) you have the option of paying for access to the first class lounge. I never did because business class was good enough for me, but if you really want to experience first class lounge, that could be an option for you. I don't remember how much it costs, but I think it was about $50.
I don't believe the option to pay for F lounge access is available any longer.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 5:39 pm

As others have mentioned, the F lounge is not spectacular by any means. It does have better food though - I always found the food offering in the J lounge to be pretty mediocre at best (unless you like cup noodles )
Old Mar 29, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Originally Posted by puchong
As others have mentioned, the F lounge is not spectacular by any means. It does have better food though - I always found the food offering in the J lounge to be pretty mediocre at best (unless you like cup noodles )
Come on, who doesn't love cup ramen!!! . Yeah I hear you, I never really paid attention to the food in the J lounge. I just focus on the shower before the flight since I come from CJU a bit early and still sleepy.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:00 am

Random question : I'm situated out in Singapore and don't fly very often, so I'm going for Asiana Club Gold (*A Silver).

I'm planning on doing some long term travel (HNL-Europe, maybe some inter-Europe travel via flights (likely will use trains and buses more though), Europe to Morocco, Morocco to South Africa, South Africa to LAX, LAX to LIM and then some inter-South America flights before returning to SIN)

My question : I may end up having enough points to cover economy class awards flights for two people for the above, but if given the chance and knowing my itinerary above, would it make sense to try to hit Asiana Gold/*A Silver earlier in the trip based on the benefits? From what I saw, it doesn't look like it'd be worth it for *A Silver, but maybe for Gold (even then, I have Priority Pass through my CSR).

Having *A silver (or gold) wouldn't enable me to be eligible for any seat upgrades on any other non-Asiana *A airlines right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.