Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
FAQs

Please help populate this Wiki by adding what you see as a relevant question and by providing the answer.

Claim for missing miles.
Print Wikipost

FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by goodtasting
Can't seem to find it - where's the correct page to check/book asiana award flights not going through ICN? used to be able to do it from the korean site with google translate but now that they've updated the web page, it doesn't seem to work anymore. Thanks in advance!
So none of the links I tried to post here work. They error out.

I'll just explain how to get to the *A redemptions page.
1. Go to the Korean version of the site (use google translate)
2. Hover over the 'Asiana Club' tab on the top and look at the right column that says 'Use Mileage'. The 2nd of 3 options there will be 'Star Aliiance/Partner Airlines'. That is it!

Last edited by zeer0; Oct 18, 2018 at 12:28 pm
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: OZ Diamond
I thought that the new site let you book in English through the front page, in a similar way to the UA website, no? I haven't actually made a booking on the new site, but to check availability at least, this is what I do.

1. Login to Asiana Club account
2. Go to the home page
3. Turn the using mileage "switch" on the left side of the page to "ON"
4. On the right side, "Star Alliance" and "Multi-city Flights" will appear. Click on "Star Alliance"
You'll be then taken to the award booking page. Follow through the rest of the process as directed.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:34 pm

Is someone able to advise on current F routes between Europe and ICN? Thank you.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 4:35 am

What boarding process/groups does Asiana use? Can't find any info on it.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
What boarding process/groups does Asiana use? Can't find any info on it.
If I recall correctly, it was pretty standard stuff: Business/*A Gold -> Asiana Gold -> Everyone else (I don't remember if they used two groups for Economy or if I got it mixed up with another airline, but if they did it was basically back half then front half). They don't use zones or boarding groups, but as with most Asian carriers, I found boarding pretty painless with cabin storage easy to find. Off-topic, but it blew my mind that a 2 hour flight in the USA in a Q300 would still use seven odd boarding groups and the gate agent would just rattle them off one by one before boarding.
FlyingHighlander likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 12:05 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Originally Posted by prelude
If I recall correctly, it was pretty standard stuff: Business/*A Gold -> Asiana Gold -> Everyone else (I don't remember if they used two groups for Economy or if I got it mixed up with another airline, but if they did it was basically back half then front half). They don't use zones or boarding groups, but as with most Asian carriers, I found boarding pretty painless with cabin storage easy to find. Off-topic, but it blew my mind that a 2 hour flight in the USA in a Q300 would still use seven odd boarding groups and the gate agent would just rattle them off one by one before boarding.
And that Asian carriers can board an A380 in 30 minutes and push back on time. But, also, the "everyone else" really is true - people just LINE UP when they hear the magic words. It's orderly, but just a big line.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 5:24 am

Thanks for the info. I'm flying Business (PVG-ICN-PVG on an A330) so it seems I'll be boarding ahead of the "everyone else" line.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
Thanks for the info. I'm flying Business (PVG-ICN-PVG on an A330) so it seems I'll be boarding ahead of the "everyone else" line.
Also OZ generally uses 2 boarding lanes -- Business/*G and Economy, so even if you arrive after they start boarding Y just walk through the J/*G lane and cut ahead
Old Oct 19, 2019, 8:46 pm

What gets Star Silver ? What get Star Gold?

Originally Posted by lee_apromise
Asiana Club Levels

Currently there are 5 levels in Asiana Club, they are:
1) Platinum (*G)
2) Diamond Plus (*G)
3) Diamond (*G)
4) Gold (*S)
5) Silver (entry level)

Apart from Silver which is an entry level status, you can only achieve other upper levels by obtaining EQM (Elite Qualifying Mile) which can be earned by flying Asiana Airlines and Star Alliance Airlines.

Please note that miles earned from other partners such as partner airlines (Etihad and Qatar), credit card, rental cars, hotel programs etc DO NOT count towards the status.

How Do I Find Eligible Booking Classes?

For Asiana Airlines:
http://us.flyasiana.com/Global/US/en...?fid=CLUB15100
Note that Booking Class C on ICN-SFO sector will earn 135%.

For Stat Alliance:
http://us.flyasiana.com/Global/US/en...?fid=CLUB15200

For Other Carriers:
http://us.flyasiana.com/Global/US/en...?fid=CLUB15300

Status Requirement Threshold

Platinum - Lifetime Validity
1) 1,000,000 EQM earned both on Asiana and Star Alliance Carriers.
2) 1,000 sectors earned ONLY on Asiana.

Diamond Plus
1) 100,000 EQM (OZ + *A) or 100 sectors (OZ Only) - 2 Years Validity
2) 500,000 EQM (OZ + *A) or 500 sectors (OZ Only) - Lifetime Validity

Diamond - 2 Years Validity
1) 40,000 EQM (OZ + *A)
2) 50 sectors (OZ Only)

Gold - 2 Years Validity
1) 20,000 EQM (OZ + *A)

It would be very gracious if the 5 Asisan tiers could be broken down to two per Star Alliance. Thanks in advance. I only care about the color of the star on ths full star alliance members card. Thank you.
So it seems to me , one may get elite without every Flying KE?
Am I accurate in this interpretation ? Thank you.
2) 30 sectors (OZ Only)

Please note that the you must earn miles or sectors above within 2 years period, which starts from your date of enrollment hence it is your advantage to enroll on the day of your 1st flight if you are enrolling for the first time.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 8:59 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by seanpodge
I thought that the new site let you book in English through the front page, in a similar way to the UA website, no? I haven't actually made a booking on the new site, but to check availability at least, this is what I do.

1. Login to Asiana Club account
2. Go to the home page
3. Turn the using mileage "switch" on the left side of the page to "ON"
4. On the right side, "Star Alliance" and "Multi-city Flights" will appear. Click on "Star Alliance"
You'll be then taken to the award booking page. Follow through the rest of the process as directed.
When I follow steps 1 through 4, I only see "Multi-City Flights" ... no mention of Star Alliance.

How does one check Star Alliance award availability? e.g. I'm trying to find what Asiana shows available for a BR BKK-TPE-LAX award ticket and how much it would cost including all taxes, fees, surcharges, Can that be done on the OZ web site?
Old Oct 19, 2019, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by 1984SW
When I follow steps 1 through 4, I only see "Multi-City Flights" ... no mention of Star Alliance.

How does one check Star Alliance award availability? e.g. I'm trying to find what Asiana shows available for a BR BKK-TPE-LAX award ticket and how much it would cost including all taxes, fees, surcharges, Can that be done on the OZ web site?
*A availability only works on the Korean (English) site, not say the US or UK ones
Old Oct 20, 2019, 7:05 am
formerly 1984SW

Originally Posted by truncated
*A availability only works on the Korean (English) site, not say the US or UK ones
Do you mean to go to the S. Korean web site for Asiana, then change the language to English? If so, how do you access the Korean site? I tried the obvious: flyasiana.co.kr and that didn't work...
Old Oct 20, 2019, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by 1984SW
Do you mean to go to the S. Korean web site for Asiana, then change the language to English? If so, how do you access the Korean site? I tried the obvious: flyasiana.co.kr and that didn't work...
You can change the region/language settings in the top right corner of the page:
Old Oct 20, 2019, 10:15 pm
formerly 1984SW

Originally Posted by truncated
You can change the region/language settings in the top right corner of the page:
Thanks. That was too obvious!

I canceled my OZ Club membership with the intent to re-join the next time I want to take a trip, so I start a fresh new two-year qualification period, since I'll be over one year into that period by the next time I travel.

Then I follow your instructions above and hit the barrier: you need to log on as an OZ Club member to view *A award availability. Oh, well.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:21 am
formerly 1984SW

Early Upgrade Benefits

On https://flyasiana.com/C/US/EN/conten...ibility-period there is a section on "Earl Upgrade Benefits" with the following diagram:

What do they mean by "boarding and affiliate card records"? Does it simply mean a *G membership card?

During that "Early Upgrade Period," are there full Asiana Club Diamond benefits like ability to use *G clubs (e.g. United Club or Senator Lounge), extra checked bag, 10% extra mile bonus on OZ flights, etc.?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.