Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
FAQs

Please help populate this Wiki by adding what you see as a relevant question and by providing the answer.

Claim for missing miles.
Print Wikipost

FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2014, 8:36 pm
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Originally Posted by sadln
You don't need to sign up for Asiana Club to view your reservation or check in, however, according to Asiana, "Name of passenger on the ticket must match the name on the passport. If the names do not match, you may face denied boarding", so you'll have to enter your name with the space in between even if you don't sign up with Asiana.

If your SQ Krisflyer miles don't post, you can always mail in this form: http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/ppsc...eage_Claim.pdf with your boarding pass and a copy of your e-ticket receipt to request the miles.
Thanks for the reply.

I just booked my SIN-ICN-SIN in Z class. However, it wouldn't let me enter my first name as X Y. I had to enter XY.... Weird.

I will call them again to double check. This website is so not user friendly. At the time of entering my first name, whenever I typed the space bar, the cursor would just jump back to the first part of my first name...
Old Aug 8, 2014, 5:56 am

Programs: SQ, NH, OZ, GA
just a quick question: i am looking to book NRT-ICN-NRT for June next year... Any experience when the booking will open? The farthest that I can see is March 2015.

Sorry, am a bit inexperienced with Asiana booking (though I flew OZ a few times)

PS: I can book it via ANA (OZ codeshare since they don't fly NRT ICN anymore), but normally it's much more expensive and from my experience, earns smaller number of miles
Old Sep 27, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Looks like there's no more OZ Moderator here.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:22 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Looks like there's no more OZ Moderator here.
[mod hat] I take this as you volunteering to update the FAQ in the Wiki of this thread, is this correct?
If yes, thank you, we desperately need this. [/mod hat]
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
[mod hat] I take this as you volunteering to update the FAQ in the Wiki of this thread, is this correct?
If yes, thank you, we desperately need this. [/mod hat]
Woo mod is here.

As I intend to start and remain active in OZ FFP and I'm frequent in FT, I'll volunteer to keep Asiana Club active. ^
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:07 am

Programs: SPG P, HH G, MR G, IHG P, Hyatt D
I am collecting on Asiana Club and when I recently flew UA I only received miles credit for UA operated flights but not United Express flights. Is that normal? My Asiana number is visible on the UA boarding pass but not miles or segments
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by wedotravel
I am collecting on Asiana Club and when I recently flew UA I only received miles credit for UA operated flights but not United Express flights. Is that normal? My Asiana number is visible on the UA boarding pass but not miles or segments
I'm guessing you should right since United Express and UA is considered 1 carrier.

Maybe you can try to claim the mileage via here.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:12 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Originally Posted by wedotravel
How recent was this? Sometimes UA miles take quite a while to post. I have had to wait over a week on several occasions. By all means inquire, though.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:49 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Historically United Express flights have had problems posting as occasionally OZ's system sees only the operating carrier (ie SkyWest or ExpressJet) rather than the flight operating as a UA flight. Particularly in 2011-2012 there were only a small bank of UAX flights that could be credited, all others were rejected.

I have only flown UA mainline recently, so I am not sure if this has been fixed or not, even in 2012 it looked like the there was a fix in place. Although the effectiveness of the fix was somewhat spotty.

I would second jon503's recommendation, give it a bit of time, say a few weeks for the credit to appear, if not try a retrocredit.

If a retrocredit does not work, I doubt you will end up getting credit by pushing at a call centre. The OZ human robots are not known to handle such issues very well.

For interest:
United Express Flights Not Eligible OZ Credit
Old Nov 4, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, American AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, Asiana Club
As an OZ FFP member who mostly flies on United metal, how will the move to revenue miles at UA effect my mileage accrual and *A status renewal at OZ, if at all?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Originally Posted by otter7
As an OZ FFP member who mostly flies on United metal, how will the move to revenue miles at UA effect my mileage accrual and *A status renewal at OZ, if at all?
This came up in another thread recently:

Originally Posted by lcpteck
The UA website does state the following in regards to the new 2015 program.

This new way of earning award miles will apply to most tickets for flights operated by United and United Express. It will also apply to tickets for flights operated by a Star Alliance™ or MileagePlus partner airline when the ticket number starts with "016."

Tickets for flights operated by a Star Alliance™ or MileagePlus partner airline that aren’t issued by United (ticket numbers that don’t start with “016”) will still earn award miles based on distance flown and the purchased fare class.

So in order to earn the actual flight miles, you'll have to book direct with the partner airline and credit mileage to UA instead according to UA's mileage accrual chart with partner airlines.
(See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asian...na-flight.html)

This concerns the reverse situation of an UA FFP member trying to earn miles on OZ. Nevertheless, it would only seem logical for me that the UA miles should post to OZ as usual. I haven't seen any changes to the booking table either.

In short, the change at UA shouldn't affect your miles credited to OZ.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by jon503
This came up in another thread recently:

(See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asian...na-flight.html)

This concerns the reverse situation of an UA FFP member trying to earn miles on OZ. Nevertheless, it would only seem logical for me that the UA miles should post to OZ as usual. I haven't seen any changes to the booking table either.

In short, the change at UA shouldn't affect your miles credited to OZ.
That is correct, as long as you fly on UA metal (regardless if it's ticketed by UA or not), crediting the mileage to OZ, SQ, TK, etc... will still be 100% accrual rate.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, American AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, Asiana Club
When calculating the miles earned as a OZ FFP member how will these situations apply to the mileage calculation?

On the OZ website the Star Alliance Accrual Chart web page states, "Miles are earned according to the airline of boarding and the reserved class of e-ticket..." Does this mean one would apply OZ's mileage earning rate on their ANA chart instead of their UA chart when ticketed on UA for any segments flown on ANA metal?

Similarly, if one was ticketed on UA, but one segment was operated by Air Japan, which is not listed at all on OZ's Star Alliance Accrual Chart, would that accrue no miles for that segment or accrue miles at the UA rate for that class of service?
Old Nov 5, 2014, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by otter7
When calculating the miles earned as a OZ FFP member how will these situations apply to the mileage calculation?

On the OZ website the Star Alliance Accrual Chart web page states, "Miles are earned according to the airline of boarding and the reserved class of e-ticket..." Does this mean one would apply OZ's mileage earning rate on their ANA chart instead of their UA chart when ticketed on UA for any segments flown on ANA metal?

Similarly, if one was ticketed on UA, but one segment was operated by Air Japan, which is not listed at all on OZ's Star Alliance Accrual Chart, would that accrue no miles for that segment or accrue miles at the UA rate for that class of service?
Yes mileage accrual in *A is always based on the operating carrier, not the marketing carrier.

You should earn miles for Air Japan on the ANA chart, as Air Japan operates some flights for ANA (and is a *A affiliate of ANA)
Old Jan 5, 2015, 3:33 am

Programs: Miles and More
Switching to OZ

So I've been a long standing M&M member but usually don't reach the 100k for *A G that Lufthansa expects.
Thought about switching to Aegean before they changed their programme, but now it seems that Asiana is the best shot to for intl. lounge access with around 50k miles per year, especially since we have several projects in SK.

Two quick questions:
(a) I still have three flights from the xmas trips open, would I be able to use them with Asiana if I opened only now (since they state that the 40k miles for gold have to be gained within two years after opening the account)?
(b) Having M&M gold you can offer lounge access to a fellow traveller. Now the Asiana site states that they charge miles for each fellow traveller you bring to a lounge!? Does that apply to each guest, or only from the second person you bring (since they state that you can bring several guests)?

Thanks a lot!
-- nq

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.