FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asiana | Asiana Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club-614/)
-   -   Asiana Seat Selection (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club/1209744-asiana-seat-selection.html)

mraquinas Nov 28, 2013 10:55 am

Thank you ..... ^
Called them and they gave me the 8 digits number confirmation numbers but still the same error msg:
"Reservation Information is incorrect"
BTW, my flight is still in 3 weeks...

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room (Post 21866805)
Called noted US customer service center and rep provided 8 digit confirmation code to use online check-in. Email received in process included 6 digit confirmation code. 8 digit code works on Asiana web site. 6 digit code works on checkmytrips dot com. Agent indicated inability to change seat but able to change seat online. Process worked via IE 11 and without log on to frequent flyer account. Noted itinerary not associated with frequent flyer account.

YVR guy Nov 28, 2013 2:02 pm

Viewing available seats

Is there a website that shows the available seats in the seat map for Asiana? I don't see this displayed on Expedia or any of the usual sites.

I'm flying in C class on a 772 to BKK. They don't sell F class, so I want to see if there's a way to snag something in the F cabin (row 1 & 2). How can I view if any of these seats are still available?

monkai Nov 28, 2013 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by YVR guy (Post 21870394)
Is there a website that shows the available seats in the seat map for Asiana? I don't see this displayed on Expedia or any of the usual sites.

I'm flying in C class on a 772 to BKK. They don't sell F class, so I want to see if there's a way to snag something in the F cabin (row 1 & 2). How can I view if any of these seats are still available?

Expertflyer now shows the seat map, including differentiating blocked seats. You can also go through the booking process on the asiana site, and when it gets to the page to enter passenger info, scroll down and there's a select seats option which will show the seat map.

21A Dec 7, 2013 7:40 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4; Nexus 5 Build/KRT16M) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/31.0.1650.59 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by 787fan
i can report that SQ website can actually assign seats for OZ, since they're both on Amadeus now (my itinerary is SIN-SQ-ICN-OZ-JFK)

Following up on this, I have a booking that includes both SQ and OZ legs, and the SQ website seems to block the OZ maps (only lets you request aisle/window), but the SQ mobile app lets you assign seats from the map on OZ (and TG, for that matter). Weird trick, but seems to work!

gloreglabert Dec 7, 2013 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by 21A (Post 21923632)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4; Nexus 5 Build/KRT16M) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/31.0.1650.59 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Following up on this, I have a booking that includes both SQ and OZ legs, and the SQ website seems to block the OZ maps (only lets you request aisle/window), but the SQ mobile app lets you assign seats from the map on OZ (and TG, for that matter). Weird trick, but seems to work!

Same here, cannot do anything on the SQ website but mobile app works like a charm. Thanks for the tip!

Always Flyin Dec 8, 2013 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by YVR guy (Post 21870394)

I would be extremely surprised if the 777 used for the BKK flights was one with an F-class section on the aircraft. OZ doesn't have many aircraft with an F section and I doubt they would want to tie one up for 14-hours flying to/from Bangkok.

YVR guy Dec 12, 2013 4:17 pm

IntraAsia F seats with C class service

Originally Posted by Always Flyin (Post 21928494)
I would be extremely surprised if the 777 used for the BKK flights was one with an F-class section on the aircraft. OZ doesn't have many aircraft with an F section and I doubt they would want to tie one up for 14-hours flying to/from Bangkok.

When I originally booked this flight, the seat map was a 2 class config. Now it changed to the 3 class (row 1,2 - F class, row 5,6,7 8 - C class). There are 2 seats occupied in the F cabin already, but the remaining seats are blocked.

How can I change my C cabin seat for a seat in the F cabin?
Do the blocked seats open up at 48 hours for online checkin, or can they only be assigned by an agent over the phone or at the airport?

Always Flyin Dec 13, 2013 6:42 am

I don't know the definitive answer, but if it were me, I'd start by calling OZ reservations.

monkai Dec 13, 2013 11:42 am

Originally Posted by YVR guy (Post 21956148)
When I originally booked this flight, the seat map was a 2 class config. Now it changed to the 3 class (row 1,2 - F class, row 5,6,7 8 - C class). There are 2 seats occupied in the F cabin already, but the remaining seats are blocked.

How can I change my C cabin seat for a seat in the F cabin?
Do the blocked seats open up at 48 hours for online checkin, or can they only be assigned by an agent over the phone or at the airport?

I'm curious about this too. Let us know if you call in and find out.

Thanks!

alien Dec 13, 2013 2:58 pm

ORD-ICN-ORD uses the 3 class older seats(77L) for 235 & 236.
Schedule wise it could be the continuation/origination:

OZ 235 ORD-ICN arr 16:50
OZ 741 ICN-BKK dep 18:20
OZ 742 BKK-ICN arr 06:50
OZ 236 ICN-ORD dep 11:00

YVR guy Dec 14, 2013 9:31 am

"Airport control" excuse - yeah right

Originally Posted by monkai (Post 21960667)
I'm curious about this too. Let us know if you call in and find out.

Thanks!

1) According to Asiana, they will not assign C class seats located in the First Class cabin, over the phone. These can only be assigned at the airport. If that's true... then how do they explain the 2 seats other pax had preassigned weeks in advance?? :confused:
I assume they only allow that benefit for their own top-tier members.

2) Online checkin was not available since I'm booked on a code share flight with Air Canada. I guess if I'd had row 1 prebooked on the original 2-class plane, I would have retained that seat on the 3-class plane.

monkai Dec 16, 2013 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by YVR guy (Post 21964948)
1) According to Asiana, they will not assign C class seats located in the First Class cabin, over the phone. These can only be assigned at the airport. If that's true... then how do they explain the 2 seats other pax had preassigned weeks in advance?? :confused:
I assume they only allow that benefit for their own top-tier members.

Thanks for posting your feedback here.

I noticed that 2 G/K are available in the seat map and are not blocked on different dates. On my date its taken.

YVR guy Dec 18, 2013 7:15 am

Originally Posted by monkai (Post 21975627)
Thanks for posting your feedback here.

I noticed that 2 G/K are available in the seat map and are not blocked on different dates. On my date its taken.

As it turns out, there was yet another equipment change for my flight ICN-BKK. This time it was 777 with Smartium Business Class and F Suites. Despite being on a revenue business class ticket, I asked at the transfer desk at ICN, and could still only get the C class cabin (perhaps because there were 2 of us traveling).

However they still filled the F Suites with other business class pax. The lay flat seats and great service made it a wonderful flight. OZ does a good job.

Rpcfly Dec 29, 2013 7:41 pm

Deleted...

all168 Dec 30, 2013 4:15 pm

I had a reservation thought aeroplane miles, very disappointed with OZ CS, i call 4 different time to OZ in US, all 4 give me different number, they are only 20min away with each calls. First I got 6 alpha/number, 2nd I got another 6 alpha/number, third 12 digits, forth 6 digits, then still not able to check in there website. Another CS told me I will not able to check my reservation online because I used aeroplane coshare. I also very disappoint with OZ CS with there attitude which is very impatient. I also have another KE reservation and the phone CS attitude is very good. If you can't assign seat, maybe OZ cancel there online assign seat function.

http://www.businesstraveller.asia/as...gement-service