FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asiana | Asiana Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club-614/)
-   -   Asiana Seat Selection (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club/1209744-asiana-seat-selection.html)

nme7 Aug 18, 2014 3:27 pm

As far as I know, there is no way to check availability online. Only way that I know is to call Asiana.

tookay Aug 30, 2014 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Eagertraveler (Post 23378026)
Always a lot of OZ seats blocked. You may have some luck calling the reservation centre or checking frequently on line.

Tried that and the agent couldn't do anything. It really sort of sucks that when booking a full=fare C class ticket more than two months out, half the seats are blocked, nobody can unblock them and it's impossible to get two seats together. I have never seen another airline blocking such a high percentage of seats.

jlisi984 Aug 31, 2014 4:48 am

Thank you for the seat selection link! Was able to select F class seats on an award ticket for NRT ICN. :) Happy camper!

giblet Sep 2, 2014 6:15 am

Originally Posted by nme7 (Post 23384611)
As far as I know, there is no way to check availability online. Only way that I know is to call Asiana.

Okay, so I called Asiana and had them add my Asiana Club number to my ticket (I had originally had my United number attached, so couldn't include Asiana Club) and then I can see and book seats online. Except they are all blocked.

zabeus Sep 21, 2014 1:46 pm

Hello all, I just registered to say thanks for these tips regarding Asiana Airlines. I was able to use giblet's suggestion to create an Asiana Club membership, then call and have them add it to my reservation. Now I've successfully changed my seat selection even though the flight was not purchased through Asiana. In my case the seats were not blocked either. :cool:

chavala Oct 7, 2014 8:42 am

Thanks from me as well! This was easier than I thought it would be.
My booking is SFO-ICN on UA and then ICN-HAN with OZ -- on 016 tkt.

First I called UA for my OZ reservation #, then I signed up for the Asiana Club, then called 800-227-4262 to add my new FF # to the reservation.
When I signed onto my Asiana account, my itinerary showed up under My Reservations and I was able to select seats -- no inputting of names was necessary.
The phone agent did warn me I will have to let them know at boarding which account I want my miles deposited for this flight, since both my OZ and UA numbers are now in the record.

kingarthur Oct 8, 2014 7:40 am

Originally Posted by erlendag (Post 22236728)
http://eu.flyasiana.com/I/en/Default...&menuType=LINK

Was able to snag first class seats (with biz service) from SGN to ICN :D

Hope this can be useful for someone.

Thanks for this link. It still works. In my case, the format for "given name" was FIRSTMIDDLE. (No MR needed.)

joer1212 Oct 12, 2014 2:21 am

I just booked a UA award flight. My itinerary consists of 2 OZ segments in Business Class (JFK-ICN/ICN-MNL) and 2 ANA segments--one in Business (MNL-HND), and one in First (NRT-IAD).

I already confirmed my seats on ANA. I used the "other confirmation numbers" option that United provides for partner awards.
However, I did not receive an Asiana confirmation number. I only have UA and ANA confirmation numbers.
Is the reason UA didn't provide an OZ confirmation number because they know I cannot select my seat?
Just out of curiosity, I tried logging in as a guest on Asiana's website using UA's confirmation number, but it says that the number is incorrect. I guess the only option left is to call.

steveman518 Oct 12, 2014 2:48 am

Originally Posted by joer1212 (Post 23663892)
I just booked a UA award flight. My itinerary consists of 2 OZ segments in Business Class (JFK-ICN/ICN-MNL) and 2 ANA segments--one in Business (MNL-HND), and one in First (NRT-IAD).

I already confirmed my seats on ANA. I used the "other confirmation numbers" option that United provides for partner awards.
However, I did not receive an Asiana confirmation number. I only have UA and ANA confirmation numbers.
Is the reason UA didn't provide an OZ confirmation number because they know I cannot select my seat?
Just out of curiosity, I tried logging in as a guest on Asiana's website using UA's confirmation number, but it says that the number is incorrect. I guess the only option left is to call.

Calling UA for the Asiana PNR is the only option

JamieDee78 Oct 12, 2014 9:08 am

I'm booked on an award ticket for 80k miles from ORD to REP (connecting in Seoul) in February, however I was not allowed to make any seat selections on United's site. These are two super long legs and usually I like a window seat near the front. Can I just log into Asiana's site and get the seats that I want?

joer1212 Oct 12, 2014 11:28 am

Originally Posted by steveman518 (Post 23663938)
Calling UA for the Asiana PNR is the only option

Oh, OK. It makes sense because Asiana would probably not be able to look up my info since I haven't got a confirmation #.

steveman518 Oct 12, 2014 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by JamieDee78 (Post 23664948)
I'm booked on an award ticket for 80k miles from ORD to REP (connecting in Seoul) in February, however I was not allowed to make any seat selections on United's site. These are two super long legs and usually I like a window seat near the front. Can I just log into Asiana's site and get the seats that I want?

You can't select seats for any partner flight through UA's website. You can select your seats through Asiana's site after you get the Asiana PNR from UA by calling UA

JamieDee78 Oct 12, 2014 7:31 pm

Called UA and got my confirmation # for OZ flights. First couple attempts on Asiana website to select seats failed, but I read this thread and tried the XXXXX/XXXXXMRX trick that was posted earlier (Family name/Given name + MR + Middle initial) and that worked! Thanks so much!!

chavala Oct 13, 2014 9:26 am

Originally Posted by joer1212 (Post 23665510)
Oh, OK. It makes sense because Asiana would probably not be able to look up my info since I haven't got a confirmation #.

For future reference, any airline can look up your reservation with a flight #, date and last name, and then can give you the confirmation number.

joer1212 Oct 13, 2014 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by chavala (Post 23669592)
For future reference, any airline can look up your reservation with a flight #, date and last name, and then can give you the confirmation number.