FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asiana | Asiana Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club-614/)
-   -   Asiana Seat Selection (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club/1209744-asiana-seat-selection.html)

Jimgotkp Sep 22, 2013 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by jon503 (Post 21464554)
I just read Asiana's annual 'sustainability report' for 2013 and it states that Asiana is changing its booking system for all markets to Amadeus/Altea in Nov 2013. It seems the limitations on seat reservation are likely linked to this change. I don't know anything about this system, but this could be their big chance to revamp their websites and finally bring them up to international standards (I know those are high hopes...)

Keep your fingers crossed. :)

Dan B Oct 5, 2013 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by ok2uselane (Post 18703187)
Go to:

http://us.flyasiana.com/Global/US/en...?fid=INFO13000

Click on: "Click to select your seat" button

Perfect! Thanks.

drzoidberg Oct 11, 2013 8:00 am

How far in advance can seats on Asiana be selected?

Just book *A flight on them for travel in June 2014, but haven't been able to get through the phone lines.

Thanks!

Mabuk dan gila Oct 12, 2013 7:39 am

Originally Posted by drzoidberg (Post 21590740)
How far in advance can seats on Asiana be selected?

Just book *A flight on them for travel in June 2014, but haven't been able to get through the phone lines.

Thanks!

AFIK, 'usually' you can book your seats for any flight as soon as is ticketed. *A tickets included. It shouldn't be to hard to get through on the phone. I called the Los Angeles res-line yesterday around 3:00PM and was on hold for about 3-4 minutes which is actually about the longest I ever recall having to hold for an agent. Often I've gotten strait through or only held for a minute or two.

That said, although making phone seat assignment is pretty easy and painless, it is still pretty ridiculous that they 'had' an on-line system that worked (albeit with a few quirks, but it did 'usually' work) and now they don't. It seems that if they are transitioning to something different, they could have left the existing system in place until they were actually ready to replace it.

drzoidberg Oct 12, 2013 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila (Post 21595465)
AFIK, 'usually' you can book your seats for any flight as soon as is ticketed. *A tickets included. It shouldn't be to hard to get through on the phone. I called the Los Angeles res-line yesterday around 3:00PM and was on hold for about 3-4 minutes which is actually about the longest I ever recall having to hold for an agent. Often I've gotten strait through or only held for a minute or two.

That said, although making phone seat assignment is pretty easy and painless, it is still pretty ridiculous that they 'had' an on-line system that worked (albeit with a few quirks, but it did 'usually' work) and now they don't. It seems that if they are transitioning to something different, they could have left the existing system in place until they were actually ready to replace it.

Thanks Mabuk! Strange, am I calling the wrong telephone number?

Called (800)227-4262 but was placed on hold for 30 minutes with no answer!

traveling_newbie Oct 12, 2013 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by drzoidberg (Post 21597208)

30 minutes?! I was on hold for 5 mins... that is the same number that I dialed. Did you key in your Asiana membership number? From my experience, if I key in my membership number, I don't hold very long.

Mabuk dan gila Oct 12, 2013 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by drzoidberg (Post 21597208)

That's the correct number but 30 minute hold is completely abnormal. Something went wrong there. I checked my phones call log and yesterdays call only seemed like 3-4 minutes. My phone says the entire call was only 2 minutes 8 seconds. Just now,.Saturday 6:50PM PDT I called them again and got through instantly. (800) 227-4262 - option "2" English - option "5" reservations and ticketing - option "#" not a member and a friendly voice answered "Hello, Asiana" in 2 seconds.

drzoidberg Oct 17, 2013 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila (Post 21598140)
That's the correct number but 30 minute hold is completely abnormal. Something went wrong there. I checked my phones call log and yesterdays call only seemed like 3-4 minutes. My phone says the entire call was only 2 minutes 8 seconds. Just now,.Saturday 6:50PM PDT I called them again and got through instantly. (800) 227-4262 - option "2" English - option "5" reservations and ticketing - option "#" not a member and a friendly voice answered "Hello, Asiana" in 2 seconds.

Thanks Mabuk for those helpful directions! I was able to finally get in and talk to a representative and make a seat assignment.:)

mpc7488 Oct 17, 2013 4:50 pm

Online check-in opens up 48 hours before departure, but at hour 46.5 it's still unavailable. I called in and was told by the helpful agent "just wait longer". Lol!

Mama Oct 17, 2013 8:01 pm

In economy cabin on 777, I prefer isle seat in the middle section.

basejump Oct 17, 2013 11:28 pm

FWIW, I have had success calling the number in Seoul

work2fly Oct 31, 2013 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila (Post 21464436)
I stumbled across this old news article that espouses a more specific timetable for the lack of online seat assignments.

"The airline will be temporarily restricting the time passengers are allowed to assign their seats online."

"But from now until November, both(sic) all passengers would only be able to assign their seats between 48 hours and one hour prior to departure."

"A source at Asiana explains that the change is needed to accommodate the introduction of a new online check-in system"

Asiana temporarily restricts pre-seat assignment time

So, I guess we'll be able to select our seats online again beginning tomorrow? :D

Mabuk dan gila Oct 31, 2013 10:50 am

Originally Posted by work2fly (Post 21701314)
So, I guess we'll be able to select our seats online again beginning tomorrow? :D

It's "tomorrow", November 1 already in Seoul right now.;);) But the article was not official and was a little vague about what "November" meant. Maybe 30 November :p

InTheShed Oct 31, 2013 3:49 pm

Maybe Nov. 17 would be the date? This is a google translation of the Korean site regarding the upgrade:

Period Home / Mobile
limited service How to use
11/17/2013 ~ U.S. ticketing ticket purchase
(only a reservation and purchase one if U.S.) Cancellation and proceed again from booking through the website or existing
reservations for the purchase of fixed (02-2669-8300) Buy through
Unused ticket refund Wired (02-2669-8300) request a refund through

Asiaflyguy Oct 31, 2013 6:25 pm

As of 8:30am Korea time november 1, no online seat assignment available...