FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asiana | Asiana Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club-614/)
-   -   Asiana Seat Selection (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club/1209744-asiana-seat-selection.html)

Asiaflyguy Nov 3, 2013 6:34 pm

November 4th, no seat selection option available on their website...

zbender Nov 3, 2013 10:57 pm

It's not coming back any time soon - the senior rep I spoke to on the phone last night had nervous laughter when I suggested it would be next January at the earliest...

(and she confirmed one particular leg wouldn't be Quadra Smartium unless there was an equipment change...booooo! :-( )

Asiaflyguy Nov 3, 2013 11:49 pm

Thanks for the update... cannot say I am suprised, Asiana really has poor ground management capabilities. Love the inflight crew, but ground mgmt blows

THD Nov 6, 2013 5:35 am

Originally Posted by InTheShed (Post 21703524)
Maybe Nov. 17 would be the date? This is a google translation of the Korean site regarding the upgrade:

Note has been added to the english language site now, the new website goes live on November 17. Restrictions on changes to tickets from now until Nov 17.

Mabuk dan gila Nov 6, 2013 12:02 pm

Awesome!!! Sounds very promising. I hope they thought to test it first though.

Asiaflyguy Nov 14, 2013 10:03 pm

2 days to go. WIll it be a big imporvement or BIG disappointment...

NickP 1K Nov 16, 2013 4:25 pm

I got this on an email from Asiana Club:

http://thumbnails107.imagebam.com/28...a289356541.jpg

The US res center is pretty clueless ; would never trust them with much more than seat assignments. They've given me wrong info on multiple occasions.

Asiaflyguy Nov 16, 2013 6:11 pm

They appear to be updating the website until 10pm Seoul time

tng11 Nov 16, 2013 6:43 pm

I have been able to select seats through the LH site.

What's mind-boggling is it seems OZ seems to block the majority of seats in the cabin! When I checked the other day, I was the only passenger in F on my OZ222 flight in April, yet when I go to select a seat, all I get the option of choosing is 2G. :td:

OsakaWino Nov 17, 2013 2:32 am

I have a *A award booking through UA, outbound on LH in C and return on OZ in F. I take it that seat assignments are not currently possible on the OZ website, and I cannot even find my reservation with the OZ confirmation No. that UA gave me. The LH site showed up fine, they had automatically booked us into seats on the LH flights and I'm quite satisfied with the assignments. The LH site also let me book our OZ seats, with more availability than I had using the OZ website last year.

Mabuk dan gila Nov 17, 2013 7:30 am

If you have an "old" OZ booking reference it is likely changed now with the new reservation system. If you already had a LH booking reference (or TG, SQ, BR and other Amadeus airlines) for your reservation it is likely now your "new" OZ booking reference as well.

OsakaWino Nov 17, 2013 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila (Post 21799343)
If you have an "old" OZ booking reference it is likely changed now with the new reservation system. If you already had a LH booking reference (or TG, SQ, BR and other Amadeus airlines) for your reservation it is likely now your "new" OZ booking reference as well.

I have no idea what Amadeus actually is, but if I'm to use one of the what you call "old" booking Nos., then should I use the UA No., or the LH No.? The res was booked with miles on UA. The eRes No. does not seem to work on anything.

nature1370 Nov 17, 2013 9:24 am

Same here, UA Award ticket reservations are not able to be pulled from their systems.

OsakaWino Nov 17, 2013 9:30 am

Originally Posted by nature1370 (Post 21799825)
Same here, UA Award ticket reservations are not able to be pulled from their systems.

Asiana site cannot find res under UA booking no., Asiana booking No., LH booking No., or eticket No.

Big_Foot Nov 17, 2013 12:18 pm

the same, checkmytrip shows my reservation with "Asiana res#" which
is the same as EVA Air.
New Asiana website - nothing, "Reservation is incorrect". Tried all the
combination of first and last name, initials etc, nothing... Great job!
They want the email address used which is telling me they can only see stuff
reserved on their website.