FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asiana | Asiana Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club-614/)
-   -   Asiana Seat Selection (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asiana-asiana-club/1209744-asiana-seat-selection.html)

RJ1 Aug 5, 2013 9:50 am

Originally Posted by GlobalVagabond (Post 21214741)
Is it just online seat selection that disappeared or can you contact Asiana by email from the website and request seats?

If not, it's incredibly poor timing for me as I just booked the award ticket the day before the change and missed locking in seats.

You might try calling them to see if you can get the seats assigned over the phone. It worked for me, 2 days after they took down the online seat assignment from the website. (In my situation, I previously had assigned seats, but there was a schedule change, and I called and they worked with me. YMMV).

Duke787 Aug 5, 2013 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by GlobalVagabond (Post 21214741)
Is it just online seat selection that disappeared or can you contact Asiana by email from the website and request seats?

If not, it's incredibly poor timing for me as I just booked the award ticket the day before the change and missed locking in seats.

It seems to be just online, I haven't had time to call Asiana and I made a change online that swapped a UA flight for an OZ flight so I want to get a seat assignment for that one. Might need to just bite the bullet and call

Originally Posted by RJ1 (Post 21217730)
You might try calling them to see if you can get the seats assigned over the phone. It worked for me, 2 days after they took down the online seat assignment from the website. (In my situation, I previously had assigned seats, but there was a schedule change, and I called and they worked with me. YMMV).

What number did you use? I can't seem to find one / am probably just not looking in the right place on the US website

RJ1 Aug 5, 2013 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by flyerdude88 (Post 21220505)
It seems to be just online, I haven't had time to call Asiana and I made a change online that swapped a UA flight for an OZ flight so I want to get a seat assignment for that one. Might need to just bite the bullet and call

What number did you use? I can't seem to find one / am probably just not looking in the right place on the US website

I actually couldn't find it either when I last looked. Here it is from one of my itineraries:

.U.S.A.(800)227-4262, (1)(800)2ASIANA

350zrx330 Aug 6, 2013 5:53 am

I called yesterday to request seat assignment from one of the phone numbers on the OZ app. Agent was helpful, but unfortunately she couldn't assign seat on one of my flights because only middle seats shown available on her end. She asked me to check at the airport counter when checking in with OZ.

How are my chanes of getting a bulkhead seat with OZ at the airport? The flight is from ord to icn and I would love to have a seat in row 10 on the 777. Of course I will try online check in as well at the 48 hr mark.

GlobalVagabond Aug 7, 2013 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by RJ1 (Post 21217730)

Data point: I called and got seats assigned; process was painless.

chubbuni13 Aug 8, 2013 2:53 pm

Have they changed the website so you can no longer change seat assignments on the us.flyasiana.com site? I remember being able to access it before, but for the life of me, I can't find the link that'll take me to the seat assignments!

chubbuni13 Aug 8, 2013 2:58 pm

Very strange that they disabled seat selection...

jon503 Aug 8, 2013 6:29 pm

I somehow ended up responding to an entirely different post than the one I thought I had quoted. Just ignore this post as I don't know how to delete it.

jon503 Aug 8, 2013 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by chubbuni13 (Post 21238806)
Have they changed the website so you can no longer change seat assignments on the us.flyasiana.com site? I remember being able to access it before, but for the life of me, I can't find the link that'll take me to the seat assignments!

Check out the other "Asiana seat selection thread" currently active. It seems Asiana are having some sort of problem and have temporarily (read: for an indefinite period) suspended online seat selection. It seems they will still help you if you call their hotline.

mpc7488 Sep 9, 2013 1:20 pm

Thanks for the number. I booked from Seattle to the Philippines using United miles and would prefer to select my seats in advance.

Asiana's website does say that they still allow online selection 48 hours before departure. Has anyone tried this since the change?

monkai Sep 9, 2013 2:17 pm

I called in on the weekend (Sept 7) and got seats assigned for two business class award tickets on OZ211 (SFO-ICN) in mid Jan 2014.

No call wait and I had no issues getting the seats assigned. Managed to get 3EF which were previously blocked off too! Hopefully it will be a QS plane.

Jimgotkp Sep 9, 2013 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by mpc7488 (Post 21414901)
Thanks for the number. I booked from Seattle to the Philippines using United miles and would prefer to select my seats in advance.

Asiana's website does say that they still allow online selection 48 hours before departure. Has anyone tried this since the change?

You know that SEA-ICN flight has a bad C product, right? If I were you, I'd consider switching to NH or UA. Hell, I'd even take an extra connection to SFO/LAX and fly BR. :)

pcharles Sep 17, 2013 8:18 am

Had 1D/G on the JFK-ICN but opted for 2D/G as I'd like to be a row back to see it makes any difference in reference to the galley. Anyone had experience on this?

Took 2F/G on the 767 also.

Mabuk dan gila Sep 18, 2013 6:12 am

I stumbled across this old news article that espouses a more specific timetable for the lack of online seat assignments.

"The airline will be temporarily restricting the time passengers are allowed to assign their seats online."

"But from now until November, both(sic) all passengers would only be able to assign their seats between 48 hours and one hour prior to departure."

"A source at Asiana explains that the change is needed to accommodate the introduction of a new online check-in system"

Asiana temporarily restricts pre-seat assignment time

jon503 Sep 18, 2013 6:51 am

I just read Asiana's annual 'sustainability report' for 2013 and it states that Asiana is changing its booking system for all markets to Amadeus/Altea in Nov 2013. It seems the limitations on seat reservation are likely linked to this change. I don't know anything about this system, but this could be their big chance to revamp their websites and finally bring them up to international standards (I know those are high hopes...)