Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2011, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by bobbybrown
That will leave all other routes consistently have non-AVOD and non-Quadra 777: SYD,CDG,LHR,ORD, and IST, as long as they don't refurbish anymore. Asiana will not add any more 777 this year (2011). So that's all.
So it is basically saying they will only reconfig those 2 class 777 that has AVOD, and those don't have AVOD will remain untouch then.

I do wonder after all these are done, are they going to move on to 3 class 777 or 747 ?
Old Feb 20, 2011, 1:50 pm

Programs: Asia Miles, Skypass
they need to start replacing the economy class seats in their 772's with the small ptv's too!
Old Feb 20, 2011, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
So it is basically saying they will only reconfig those 2 class 777 that has AVOD, and those don't have AVOD will remain untouch then.
That's my understanding (5 non-AVOD 777s are to be untouched). This may go this way for the next 3 years, until 380s and 350s come. OZ has 2 more 777s to come in between, which may (heard from somewhere) have 3-class quadra product, which is again a new config.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by thekidisback
they need to start replacing the economy class seats in their 772's with the small ptv's too!
Yeah, that too. Their Y product is really falling behind KE.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 5:29 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by stupidhead
Yeah, that too. Their Y product is really falling behind KE.
Maybe we (*A) should swap OZ for KE??

LAX
Old Feb 20, 2011, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by LAX
Maybe we (*A) should swap OZ for KE??

LAX
Why not, as long as KE's willing to status match my OZ Gold. *A is the only reason I fly OZ anyways.

Then again, I don't see KE leaving Skyteam since it was one of the founding members.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 11:58 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by stupidhead
Why not, as long as KE's willing to status match my OZ Gold. *A is the only reason I fly OZ anyways.

Then again, I don't see KE leaving Skyteam since it was one of the founding members.
I didn't realize KE is one of the founding members of ST. In any event, I actually find OZ better than all of the US-based carriers, so it's definitely good enough for me. If it weren't for the 70% EQM/RDM earning on lower fare classes, I would choose to fly OZ more often.

LAX
Old Feb 26, 2011, 5:10 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Cool

Originally Posted by DaveSFO
I found this article in the Australian Business Traveller website:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/asiana-s-bus...eoul-next-year

According to this article, the quadra smartium seats will be extended to London, Paris, New York, and Sydney by the end of 2011.
I rang Asiana res yesterday to reserve seats in J for redemption booking in Jan 2012 and was told that they will know in May about the likelyhood of the new seats on ICN to LHR
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:49 pm

SFO all Quadra after May?

Thanks for the link, and you got it translated correctly. At this point I can confirm that 7x SFO route will have Quadra seat for sure. LAX still shows 3x only, but I assume it will be updated soon.

Is this based on some inside information, besides article quoted above?
Old Mar 5, 2011, 2:28 pm

Starting 4/1. OZ 107 switched equipment from A333 to 777. Does that means I may be lucky enough to be on one of those new Quadra seats or those may be the older 772s with no AVOD
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Originally Posted by sdcarver
Thanks for the link, sdcarver! Looks like one of the refitted 772s will be doing OZ333 to PEK on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays...while unfortunately I'll be flying out on a Thursday. Blast!
Old Mar 9, 2011, 8:36 am

Programs: UA MP
My LAX-ICN flight of June 8, which originally had the old-style C class seatmap, recently changed to the QS seatmap.

June 8 is a Thursday flight, which is not identified as a QS flight in the current schedule effective to March 26.

So this appears to be empirical evidence that either (1) OZ plans to shift QS flights LAX-ICN to different days, or (2) expand QS service LAX-ICN to more days in June.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:36 am

In fact from June, all 777 flights to LAX and SFO now show quadra business class. To/From SFO, all flights are now secured with this product.

For LAX, OZ 203/204 only (all dates/days are based on ICN departure. Should be next day from LAX)
Now - Apr 23rd: only the days when there's no SFO flight will see quadra seats. Thus, Mo/Th/Sa till late March, Mo/Th from late March since when OZ adds Saturday SFO flight.
Apr 24th - May 20th: 6xw except Friday flights (Saturday from LAX).
May 21st and after: daily

Source: asiana award redemption website. Quadra product requires more miles, so OZ clearly marks these flights.

Last edited by bobbybrown; Mar 9, 2011 at 11:24 am
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:48 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Source: asiana award redemption website. Quadra product requires more miles, so OZ clearly marks these flights.
That's great to know -- thanks! ^
Old Mar 9, 2011, 2:48 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
In fact from June, all 777 flights to LAX and SFO now show quadra business class. To/From SFO, all flights are now secured with this product.

For LAX, OZ 203/204 only (all dates/days are based on ICN departure. Should be next day from LAX)
Now - Apr 23rd: only the days when there's no SFO flight will see quadra seats. Thus, Mo/Th/Sa till late March, Mo/Th from late March since when OZ adds Saturday SFO flight.
Apr 24th - May 20th: 6xw except Friday flights (Saturday from LAX).
May 21st and after: daily

Pulled up my flights in July LAX-ICN-LAX on Saturday and Sunday, respectively. Sure enough Quadra layout is shown.

I noticed that on both my flights, I could only reserve Seats 3A&K, Row 4 and Row 5 A&K. Was hoping to snag one of the middle seats that are together since I'm traveling with my wife. Anyone else running into the same issue?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.