Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2011, 9:54 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by mjgodden
Anyone able to advise if Asiana has kept to the roll out flight schedule of the new C seats as posted on their site? I am scheduled to be on the first LHR-ICN departure on 1st June. Have requested seats and they advised that it wasn't a Smartium aircraft but am hoping that they just haven't updated the seat map. Anyone out there with additional data points?

Mark
OZ seems to stick with that schedule. I haven't heard of people buying a QS flight and getting swapped to old equipment. when they've announced equipment changes publicly, they've been spot on. OZ is not one who plays around with different aircraft configs and keeps specific routes equipped with specific configurations. There may be occasional changeups but I've never heard of someone getting downgraded from F to C due to an equipment swap.

I'm thinking you probably will not have QS on your LHR-ICN flight.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 9:55 pm

Deleted

Last edited by ande777emt; Apr 27, 2011 at 9:56 pm Reason: Duplicate
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:37 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Anyone able to advise if Asiana has kept to the roll out flight schedule of the new C seats as posted on their site? I am scheduled to be on the first LHR-ICN departure on 1st June. Have requested seats and they advised that it wasn't a Smartium aircraft but am hoping that they just haven't updated the seat map. Anyone out there with additional data points?

Mark
Also considering that ICN-LHR together with ICN-SYD is a route which gets among the oldest aircraft I'd say there is a near to zero chance to get the new product on your flight.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:45 pm

Thanks.

Will have to hope that they do keep to the schedule that they have on their website which shows the first Smartium service to Seoul from London is June 1st.

http://chkin.flyasiana.com/English/F...rchWrd=&page=1

Mark
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:54 pm

Thanks.

Will have to hope that they do keep to the schedule that they have on their website which shows the first Smartium service to Seoul from London is June 1st.

http://chkin.flyasiana.com/English/F...rchWrd=&page=1

Mark
Looks like it will only be on Wednesdays, however, it confirms suspicion that LHR would be the next route to get the QS seats.
Old May 20, 2011, 5:28 am

Programs: QC, Velocity Silver, OZ Diamond, Star Alliance Gold, KrisFlyer, Aer Lingus Gold Circle
Maybe!

I'm flying business on Asiana to LHR in August- have already chosen seats online. SYD-ICN has 4 rows, ICN-LHR has 5 rows. SYD-ICN = Oz Quadra Smartium!!

Last edited by MrTed; May 20, 2011 at 5:32 am Reason: mispelling
Old May 20, 2011, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by ande777emt
Looks like it will only be on Wednesdays, however, it confirms suspicion that LHR would be the next route to get the QS seats.
Grr. Had to change my flight to the following Wednesday. As above, schedule on OZ site said that 1st June was the first LHR Smartium service, but does not appear to be the case.

Phoned OZ who advised that 8th June was Smartium service, but seat map doesn't reflect this.

Originally Posted by MrTed
I'm flying business on Asiana to LHR in August- have already chosen seats online. SYD-ICN has 4 rows, ICN-LHR has 5 rows. SYD-ICN = Oz Quadra Smartium!!
Bizarre. Me too! 9th Jun ICN-SYD is showing as Smartium. Seems contrary to both popular opinion on here, as well as posted schedule, that SYD would be one of the last to see the new seats.

Mark
Old May 20, 2011, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Doesn't the QS setup have 6 rows?
Old May 20, 2011, 8:32 pm

Programs: NH Plat
Originally Posted by DaveSFO
Doesn't the QS setup have 6 rows?
Yes. That's how it appears on the seat maps QS has 6 rows of 1+2+1.
The 2 variants of the 772 with the old seats seem to have 4 and 5 rows of 2+3+2.
Old May 20, 2011, 8:35 pm

Grr. Had to change my flight to the following Wednesday. As above, schedule on OZ site said that 1st June was the first LHR Smartium service, but does not appear to be the case.

Phoned OZ who advised that 8th June was Smartium service, but seat map doesn't reflect this.

Mark
OZ's IT makes .bomb look phenomenal. I'd believe phone support people before the website.
Old May 20, 2011, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold
deleted

Last edited by DaveSFO; May 21, 2011 at 6:07 am
Old May 23, 2011, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K GS 1MM, AA GOLD 1MM, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Silver, National EC Executive
Equipment swap - SFO-ICN May 22

I just flew C from SFO to ICN and was expecting the Smartium seats but unfortunately there was an equipment swap to the old seats. anyone know if this is temporary or permanent? I fly back to SFO on May 27 and will report what seats I get.
Old May 26, 2011, 11:21 am

Have just checked my booking for 8th June and seat map now shows QS seats. May be worth re-checking? Posted schedule for LHR does only show as Wed flights, but worth a go.

Mark
Old May 28, 2011, 10:21 am

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
How are these seats for tall people?

I am just over 6'4" and it appears that the seat is only about 6'2". My shoulders are also quite broad and given the cocoon shell style could this be an issue too?

I am of course assuming that the QS seats will be running SFO-ICN in September on a daily basis.
Old May 29, 2011, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by shore9
How are these seats for tall people?

I am just over 6'4" and it appears that the seat is only about 6'2". My shoulders are also quite broad and given the cocoon shell style could this be an issue too?

I am of course assuming that the QS seats will be running SFO-ICN in September on a daily basis.
At 6'4" you might be at the limits of the seat; I'm 5'7" and there's only ~4-5" past my feet as opposed to US where the seat goes at least another foot beyond my feet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.