Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2010, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold

Any chance that I will see the new seats in Business on SYD-ICN in May 11'?

MODERATOR NOTE

Asiana Quadra Smartum seat

• full flat bed type seat (180 degrees)
  • foldable arm rest and movable head rest
  • movable dining table
  • separate cocktail tables located next to each seat
  • storage place for shoes and personal storage place
  • PC power outlets

Schedule of flights with Quadra Smartium

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 17, 2011 at 6:24 pm
Old Dec 28, 2010, 4:41 am

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
OZ hasn't announced what flights will get the new seats after March 2011 so there is a chance but I suspect that they will deploy those aircraft 7 days to LAX and possibly also on the LHR and CDG routes before they get to SYD towards the end of the year. Personally, I'd love to see them on the SYD route for my flight at the end of June but I'm not holding my breath.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 2:06 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
SYD is mainly a leisure route so I wouldn't expect the new seats anytime soon.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 4:19 am

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
SYD is mainly a leisure route so I wouldn't expect the new seats anytime soon.
I agree, whereas I've done Quadra Smartium on ICN-SFO and the front cabin was filled with revenue pax who will personally or have their employers pay a premium for OZ service/catering with flat seats.

SYD is likely more award or discount C seats, hence less reason to put the latest and greatest C product on the route.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP
What about new seats on the ORD-ICN route?

I've got award tkts for ORD-ICN-SYD RT in C in Sep. Not expecting new seats on the SYD route but what about ORD flights? I've heard mention of the JFK-ICN route being the next to get the Quadra. Any good estimates when ORD could seen an upgrade?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:06 pm

Asiana will have total 4 aircrafts with quadra stuff, and at this rate, in my speculation, they possibly go daily SFO and daily LAX this summer.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by PittDoc
I've got award tkts for ORD-ICN-SYD RT in C in Sep. Not expecting new seats on the SYD route but what about ORD flights? I've heard mention of the JFK-ICN route being the next to get the Quadra. Any good estimates when ORD could seen an upgrade?
ORD has lately gotten the oldest planes in the 772 fleet, the 772's w/o AVOD, so I'm thinking it will probably be the last NA/EU flight to get Quadra Smartiums seats.

Originally Posted by bobbybrown
Asiana will have total 4 aircrafts with quadra stuff, and at this rate, in my speculation, they possibly go daily SFO and daily LAX this summer.
I agree. SFO and LAX will get them first, then I'd guess LHR, ORD, CDG, then SYD.

OZ also has 2 772's still on order, so those will probably be delivered with the new seats as well.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by ande777emt
OZ also has 2 772's still on order, so those will probably be delivered with the new seats as well.
But OZ doesn't have a plan to get new 777 this year, although we need to wait until OZ publishes annual plan in a few weeks.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 7:59 am

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks everyone for the (sad) data about the ORD-ICN flights. I guess I should have done more FT research before booking my award tkts. I got all excited when I ran across some OZ marketing that said "all 777 upgraded by May 2011" --- count me as gullible. Fortunately as US Chairman Preferred I can make changes to an award itin w/o penalty. ORD is still a more convenient international departure from PIT than LAX or SFO, which require an additional transcon flight. Seeing as this is a LONG trip to begin with, I may just put up with angled-flat and looping AV and enjoy the good food and service.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by bobbybrown
But OZ doesn't have a plan to get new 777 this year, although we need to wait until OZ publishes annual plan in a few weeks.
I forget where I saw it, but I saw an OZ fleet list that had 11 772's andin the orders it said 2 772's in addition to the 30 A350's.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by ande777emt
I forget where I saw it, but I saw an OZ fleet list that had 11 772's andin the orders it said 2 772's in addition to the 30 A350's.
That's correct. But those 2 772s won't come this year. Possibly next year or later. In 2011, OZ will get 1 333, 2 321s, and a 747F. So beside SFO and LAX, there might be no more quadra route this year.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 10:54 pm

I was hoping I will get something from ICN-FRA in end Mar or early April this year but I guess it will be a no
Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by luv_flying
I was hoping I will get something from ICN-FRA in end Mar or early April this year but I guess it will be a no
Correct, as ICN-FRA is one of the 3 long haul routes with F. I'm not sure what the timeframe for adding Quadra Smartium is on 3-cabin routes.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 5:21 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by luv_flying
March or April 2013 will be a much more realistic date...
Old Jan 12, 2011, 5:25 am

that's 5 years after emirates had their first "Quadra Smartium"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.