Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated)

Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated)

Old Feb 20, 11, 11:34 am
  #46  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ORD, HKG
Programs: UA*G, AA PLT, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 9,772
Originally Posted by bobbybrown View Post
That will leave all other routes consistently have non-AVOD and non-Quadra 777: SYD,CDG,LHR,ORD, and IST, as long as they don't refurbish anymore. Asiana will not add any more 777 this year (2011). So that's all.
So it is basically saying they will only reconfig those 2 class 777 that has AVOD, and those don't have AVOD will remain untouch then.

I do wonder after all these are done, are they going to move on to 3 class 777 or 747 ?
ORDnHKG is offline  
Old Feb 20, 11, 2:50 pm
  #47  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ & NY
Programs: Asia Miles, Skypass
Posts: 191
they need to start replacing the economy class seats in their 772's with the small ptv's too!
thekidisback is offline  
Old Feb 20, 11, 3:58 pm
  #48  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: IND
Posts: 1,914
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG View Post
So it is basically saying they will only reconfig those 2 class 777 that has AVOD, and those don't have AVOD will remain untouch then.
That's my understanding (5 non-AVOD 777s are to be untouched). This may go this way for the next 3 years, until 380s and 350s come. OZ has 2 more 777s to come in between, which may (heard from somewhere) have 3-class quadra product, which is again a new config.
bobbybrown is offline  
Old Feb 20, 11, 5:23 pm
  #49  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: MYOFB
Posts: 4,035
Originally Posted by thekidisback View Post
they need to start replacing the economy class seats in their 772's with the small ptv's too!
Yeah, that too. Their Y product is really falling behind KE.
stupidhead is offline  
Old Feb 20, 11, 6:29 pm
  #50  
LAX
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA; Philadelphia, PA
Programs: OZ Diamond
Posts: 5,542
Originally Posted by stupidhead View Post
Yeah, that too. Their Y product is really falling behind KE.
Maybe we (*A) should swap OZ for KE??

LAX
LAX is offline  
Old Feb 20, 11, 7:58 pm
  #51  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: MYOFB
Posts: 4,035
Originally Posted by LAX View Post
Maybe we (*A) should swap OZ for KE??

LAX
Why not, as long as KE's willing to status match my OZ Gold. *A is the only reason I fly OZ anyways.

Then again, I don't see KE leaving Skyteam since it was one of the founding members.
stupidhead is offline  
Old Feb 21, 11, 12:58 am
  #52  
LAX
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA; Philadelphia, PA
Programs: OZ Diamond
Posts: 5,542
Originally Posted by stupidhead View Post
Why not, as long as KE's willing to status match my OZ Gold. *A is the only reason I fly OZ anyways.

Then again, I don't see KE leaving Skyteam since it was one of the founding members.
I didn't realize KE is one of the founding members of ST. In any event, I actually find OZ better than all of the US-based carriers, so it's definitely good enough for me. If it weren't for the 70% EQM/RDM earning on lower fare classes, I would choose to fly OZ more often.

LAX
LAX is offline  
Old Feb 26, 11, 6:10 am
  #53  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK oop north
Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC,LifeMiles
Posts: 1,538
Cool

Originally Posted by DaveSFO View Post
I found this article in the Australian Business Traveller website:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/asiana-s-bus...eoul-next-year

According to this article, the quadra smartium seats will be extended to London, Paris, New York, and Sydney by the end of 2011.
I rang Asiana res yesterday to reserve seats in J for redemption booking in Jan 2012 and was told that they will know in May about the likelyhood of the new seats on ICN to LHR
YorkieFlyer is offline  
Old Mar 1, 11, 11:49 pm
  #54  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SFO
Posts: 498
SFO all Quadra after May?

Originally Posted by bobbybrown View Post
Thanks for the link, and you got it translated correctly. At this point I can confirm that 7x SFO route will have Quadra seat for sure. LAX still shows 3x only, but I assume it will be updated soon.

Is this based on some inside information, besides article quoted above?
adlibitum is offline  
Old Mar 5, 11, 3:28 pm
  #55  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,199
Starting 4/1. OZ 107 switched equipment from A333 to 777. Does that means I may be lucky enough to be on one of those new Quadra seats or those may be the older 772s with no AVOD
anchor79 is offline  
Old Mar 8, 11, 1:33 am
  #56  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PMD
Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Posts: 729
Originally Posted by sdcarver View Post
Thanks for the link, sdcarver! Looks like one of the refitted 772s will be doing OZ333 to PEK on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays...while unfortunately I'll be flying out on a Thursday. Blast!
N751PR is offline  
Old Mar 9, 11, 9:36 am
  #57  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Programs: CO MP
Posts: 161
My LAX-ICN flight of June 8, which originally had the old-style C class seatmap, recently changed to the QS seatmap.

June 8 is a Thursday flight, which is not identified as a QS flight in the current schedule effective to March 26.

So this appears to be empirical evidence that either (1) OZ plans to shift QS flights LAX-ICN to different days, or (2) expand QS service LAX-ICN to more days in June.
DH77024 is offline  
Old Mar 9, 11, 10:36 am
  #58  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: IND
Posts: 1,914
In fact from June, all 777 flights to LAX and SFO now show quadra business class. To/From SFO, all flights are now secured with this product.

For LAX, OZ 203/204 only (all dates/days are based on ICN departure. Should be next day from LAX)
Now - Apr 23rd: only the days when there's no SFO flight will see quadra seats. Thus, Mo/Th/Sa till late March, Mo/Th from late March since when OZ adds Saturday SFO flight.
Apr 24th - May 20th: 6xw except Friday flights (Saturday from LAX).
May 21st and after: daily

Source: asiana award redemption website. Quadra product requires more miles, so OZ clearly marks these flights.

Last edited by bobbybrown; Mar 9, 11 at 12:24 pm
bobbybrown is offline  
Old Mar 9, 11, 10:48 am
  #59  
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: PHX
Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 8,043
Originally Posted by bobbybrown View Post
Source: asiana award redemption website. Quadra product requires more miles, so OZ clearly marks these flights.
That's great to know -- thanks! ^
AZ Travels the World is offline  
Old Mar 9, 11, 3:48 pm
  #60  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 40
Originally Posted by bobbybrown View Post
In fact from June, all 777 flights to LAX and SFO now show quadra business class. To/From SFO, all flights are now secured with this product.

For LAX, OZ 203/204 only (all dates/days are based on ICN departure. Should be next day from LAX)
Now - Apr 23rd: only the days when there's no SFO flight will see quadra seats. Thus, Mo/Th/Sa till late March, Mo/Th from late March since when OZ adds Saturday SFO flight.
Apr 24th - May 20th: 6xw except Friday flights (Saturday from LAX).
May 21st and after: daily

Source: asiana award redemption website. Quadra product requires more miles, so OZ clearly marks these flights.
Pulled up my flights in July LAX-ICN-LAX on Saturday and Sunday, respectively. Sure enough Quadra layout is shown.

I noticed that on both my flights, I could only reserve Seats 3A&K, Row 4 and Row 5 A&K. Was hoping to snag one of the middle seats that are together since I'm traveling with my wife. Anyone else running into the same issue?
airlineaddict is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: