Official website for applying for the eVOA

https://molina.imigrasi.go.id
Print Wikipost

Visa / VOA Info for Indonesia

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2015, 3:20 am

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Is VOA valid for multiple entries for a U.S. Citizen?
Single Entry. You just get another one when you return. At some point soon the VOA will be free...but don't hold your breath waiting
Old Jun 12, 2015, 4:42 am

Programs: EK Silver, OW Ruby, Discovery Platinum
Arrived today in DPS and the new list of VOA-free countries seems to be implemented, didn't have to pay the 35$ anymore and the agent told me "this is brand new regulation".
Old Jun 12, 2015, 5:27 am

Programs: GA Gold, BA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Gold
President Joko Widodo signed the presidential regulation on visa-free travel for tourists on Tuesday.

Citizens from the member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations as well as from several other states could already travel to the country visa-free, but the complete list of visa-free states and territories is now:

Singapore, Thailand, Myanmar, Brunei, Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Philippines, Chile, Morocco, Peru, Ecuador, Hong Kong, Macau, China, Russia, South Korea, Japan, United States, Canada, New Zealand, Mexico, United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Belgium, Sweden, Austria, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, and South Africa.

Australians, the third-largest group of foreign visitors after Singaporeans and Malaysians, will still need a visa to enter the country, although tourists can buy one on arrival.
http://thejakartaglobe.beritasatu.co...-45-countries/
Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Just came to post this. Remember, you can't extend these free visas, you'd have to exit the country.

Australia not included.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Just came to post this. Remember, you can't extend these free visas, you'd have to exit the country.

Australia not included.
AARGH! Wow great news and (for me in this instance) bad news. I'm flying to Bali on Monday and was planning to extend my VOA as I'm there for two months.

No time now to get a 2-month visa before arriving. Can I still pay $35 and be able to extend?

The whole point of the free VOA was to get more people and have them spend more money....don't understand how reducing the allowable stay is going to make them more money?
Old Jun 14, 2015, 5:50 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
Just arrived. No more VOA in operation now. Didn't need to pay
Old Jun 14, 2015, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ryandelmundo
AARGH! Wow great news and (for me in this instance) bad news. I'm flying to Bali on Monday and was planning to extend my VOA as I'm there for two months.

No time now to get a 2-month visa before arriving. Can I still pay $35 and be able to extend?

The whole point of the free VOA was to get more people and have them spend more money....don't understand how reducing the allowable stay is going to make them more money?
The average International visitor stays for less than 2 weeks. So for most visitors, it is a big plus.

Since Aussies and some others still need VOA's, you should be able to pay $35 for one, and extend it later. You may have to explain why.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
The average International visitor stays for less than 2 weeks. So for most visitors, it is a big plus.

Since Aussies and some others still need VOA's, you should be able to pay $35 for one, and extend it later. You may have to explain why.
I'm checking with my visa agent. I'll follow-up. You're right about the short-stay, surprised they didn't do a 14-day free, but guessing putting new countries onto the already 30-day ASEAN list was easy (and where the no-extension came from).

That sounds rational, but confusion reigns in Indonesian bureaucracy. My poor visa agent is going to have her business decimated if the VOA can't be extended. I bet half her biz is 30 day extensions. #unintendedconsequences

Oh well, either way I'll be enjoying Bintang on the beach in a few days
Old Jun 14, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Picked up a friend (US Citizen) tonight at SUB. No VOA needed. He is only staying in the country for 10 days so no need for an extension.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ryandelmundo
I'm checking with my visa agent. I'll follow-up. You're right about the short-stay, surprised they didn't do a 14-day free, but guessing putting new countries onto the already 30-day ASEAN list was easy (and where the no-extension came from).

That sounds rational, but confusion reigns in Indonesian bureaucracy. My poor visa agent is going to have her business decimated if the VOA can't be extended. I bet half her biz is 30 day extensions. #unintendedconsequences

Oh well, either way I'll be enjoying Bintang on the beach in a few days
I can't say I much like the visa agents in the first place. Lots of graft, which Indonesia has enough of.

I'd guess Aussies are their biggest customers, so that won't change.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Only 5 airports VOA Free

Bali, Jakarta, Surabaya, Medan and Batam are the only airports valid according to Balidiscovery.com.

Hopefully this will change to include Lombok and Bandung.

Cruise ship customers will still be charged in some places.

http://www.balidiscovery.com/message...e.asp?Id=11969
Old Jun 15, 2015, 5:48 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF Gold
Perfect timing for our trip next week
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: AA EXP
Is this having (expected to have) any impact of the bottlenecks frequently reported for immigration/customs?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I wonder why only certain airports? Manado is not one of them even though there are non-stop flights from SIN.

Last edited by chavala; Jun 16, 2015 at 6:40 pm Reason: ad
Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:24 am

Word on the street is that you can still buy the $35 VOA and get the one month extension. That's my plan.

Agreed on the comments about visa agents and graft, it's terrible. Previously you didn't need to visit Immigration until your 4th month, now its required the first month. More money for the immigasi officials, of course.

During my last trip to the immigration office (i used my agent), I walked in at 930 and there was a guy there punching the button on the self-service tickets. He was already up to ticket 540. I walked up to my visa agent and she handed me ticket 6. I was out in a flash. Folks trying to DIY visa extensions must waste entire days there unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.