https://molina.imigrasi.go.id
Print Wikipost

Visa / VOA Info for Indonesia

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2023, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
A good reason to go for the evisa version, if you don't mind a few minutes frustration on your laptop
+1
I just applied online. Once I had my passport and personal pic in an uploadable file, it took all of 5 minutes to enter and verify my info. Then received my approval and Visa within 60 seconds of submitting.
goodgirl likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
Thanks to everyone here for the help. Just wanted to post a note about my experience.

Needed two VOA. Went to website. First one was no problem, went off without a hitch. Second one was the death of me. Did everything I could to take pic of passport and got the dreaded "check your details" prompt. EVERYHTING I did it would not read the passport. Finally, I held the passport up, took a pic agaisn't the white wall and only had the picture page in frame and all of a sudden, the website accepted it. Another note, thanks for everyone saying to check details. I went through mine before I hit submit, on BOTH applications, it defaulted to today's date for the "issue date of passport". So, just a quick note, triple check your detials before you hit submit.
The passport upload frustrated the heck out of me. 10 attempts with different lighting, different backgrounds, etc. I finally managed to get it. I'm going to preserve that photo for future use. Given how finicky the system is I have to wonder how many people actually successfully apply for the eVOA.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 5:07 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by thebakaronis
The passport upload frustrated the heck out of me. 10 attempts with different lighting, different backgrounds, etc. I finally managed to get it. I'm going to preserve that photo for future use. Given how finicky the system is I have to wonder how many people actually successfully apply for the eVOA.
Use a scanner instead of a phone.
thebakaronis likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum Elite, CX Silver, OW Ruby, Travala Smart Diamond
New Love Bali Tourist Levy

So in addition to the VoA and customs forms, there is now a third form to be completed and ~10 USD per person to be paid if you fly into DPS:

Love Bali Tourist Levy Form

https://lovebali.baliprov.go.id/

Love Bali Tourist Levy form

There seem to be some issues with the website:

1) The form rejected two of my email addresses with the red error message: "The email must have a valid and active." This error occurred in Chrome and did not happen in Firefox with the same e-mail addresses.

One of the payment methods is QRIS (Quick Response Code Indonesian Standard), which is compatible with the Thai QR code standard.
Users with a Thai banking app should in theory be able to use their mobile payment applications to scan QRIS to pay for goods and services at merchants in Indonesia and also use this service for their cross-border e-commerce transactions.

2) When I tried, first a saw a summary screen of the data I submitted for me to double-check, then after confirming the data, no QR code appeared and I was redirected back to the homepage. No email arrived with an option to pay either and the process was not completed.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by goodgirl
So in addition to the VoA and customs forms, there is now a third form to be completed and ~10 USD per person to be paid if you fly into DPS:

Love Bali Tourist Levy Form

https://lovebali.baliprov.go.id/

Love Bali Tourist Levy form

There seem to be some issues with the website:

1) The form rejected two of my email addresses with the red error message: "The email must have a valid and active." This error occurred in Chrome and did not happen in Firefox with the same e-mail addresses.

One of the payment methods is QRIS (Quick Response Code Indonesian Standard), which is compatible with the Thai QR code standard.
Users with a Thai banking app should in theory be able to use their mobile payment applications to scan QRIS to pay for goods and services at merchants in Indonesia and also use this service for their cross-border e-commerce transactions.

2) When I tried, first a saw a summary screen of the data I submitted for me to double-check, then after confirming the data, no QR code appeared and I was redirected back to the homepage. No email arrived with an option to pay either and the process was not completed.
Be careful if you enter a credit card and get an error message. Wait a day to reapply. I applied a second time immediately and got billed twice. Granted, it is only $10, so I didn't contest the double charge.

FYI. When I entered Bali in mid-February, no one ever checked for the LoveBali tax. Maybe Bali is finally checking for this tax now.
goodgirl likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by bamboola
FYI. When I entered Bali in mid-February, no one ever checked for the LoveBali tax. Maybe Bali is finally checking for this tax now.
Immigration services aren't interested in checking, neither are airlines or hotels: so it's unclear how the authorities intend to ensure the levy is paid. They were reported as intending to introduce checks at tourism attractions from next month: the LB website suggests the penalty for non-payment will be online shaming. Good luck with all that.

Maybe they'll simply be happy at a lower take-up of the opportunity to pay tax - money is money. And if just a third of 6 million foreign visitors pay the tax, that'll be $20,000,000 to delight provincial government ... and we might even see some of it spent on the good causes the levy is supposed to focus on.
goodgirl likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 3:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum Elite, CX Silver, OW Ruby, Travala Smart Diamond
Can confirm, at DPS nobody checked for Love Bali tax at the airport or at the hotel.

DPS immigration now have eGates. If you applied for eVOA online you just scan your passport and no sticker or stamp is being put into the passport at all.

Nationalities that don't need an e-VOA (Visa Exemption for ASEAN Foreigner) go to a regular counter and get the small white stay permit sticker.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Can confirm, at DPS nobody checked for Love Bali tax at the airport or at the hotel.

DPS immigration now have eGates. If you applied for eVOA online you just scan your passport and no sticker or stamp is being put into the passport at all.

Nationalities that don't need an e-VOA (Visa Exemption for ASEAN Foreigner) go to a regular counter and get the small white stay permit sticker.

They announced a while back that the intention was to re-establish visa-free entry for tourists from the list of countries favoured before. But i guess wheels move slowly,
Or maybe get stuck .....
Old Mar 25, 2024, 7:29 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold

I so hope they add this to CGK - I would apply for an eVisa any day to avoid the sticker space being used up. That would get me to go back to Indonesia easily.
Old Yesterday, 11:39 am

Plan to visit Indonesia 2nd time and try to apply the evoa.
However, the website gave me an error saying my previous stay permit from last visit 6 months ago is still active.
Anyone experience this problem, and how to resolve it?
Thanks
Old Yesterday, 10:38 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, KrisFlyer Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, Blah ~ Blah.. something more
Originally Posted by rfclub
Plan to visit Indonesia 2nd time and try to apply the evoa.
However, the website gave me an error saying my previous stay permit from last visit 6 months ago is still active.
Anyone experience this problem, and how to resolve it?
Thanks
In my experience, the only way to do this is to buy a visa on arrival.

I was once stuck in a similar loop and was able to buy an arrival visa, leave the country and then pre-purchase on the next entry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.