Official website for applying for the eVOA

https://molina.imigrasi.go.id
Print Wikipost

Visa / VOA Info for Indonesia

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2014, 2:58 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
You do not need to apply for a visa in the US. You can pay for one the moment you arrive in Indonesia. Its called a visa-on-arrival.

Link: http://www.embassyofindonesia.org/wo...s/?page_id=188
Old Jun 9, 2014, 1:43 pm

Do you know how much is it if you apply it here at the consulate office?
Old Jun 9, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: most of them
The Embassy website has all the info. Where are you located? In the USA it looks like the cost for a single-entry visitor visa is $45
http://www.embassyofindonesia.org/wo...s/?page_id=696
Old Jun 9, 2014, 4:17 pm

Interesting, they want us to present bank statements??

From the Indonesian Embassy website:

Copy of bank statement, indicate the current applicant’s fund at least two weeks prior to the date of obtaining visa, or a letter from the bank stating that the applicant has a sufficient fund.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 5:35 pm

I applied for the Visa as I was going to be in the country for 31 days. I applied by mail to Houston so fee was $45 plus another $20 for postages. Sent in the paper work (passport, employment, bank, air tickets, itineraries, etc) on a Saturday, received back on Wednesday. They called my on Tuesday with one or two simple questions.
Supposedly you can pay a small fine if stay is past 30 days but no way was I going to take a such a chance with local Immigration folks.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 11:15 pm

Visa on arrival is approx $25
Old Jun 10, 2014, 9:51 am

I guess both places have different requirements.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 7:03 am

If you're there less than 30 days, get visa on arrival. EVERYONE does that - no need to apply via consulate
Old Jun 21, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dtsm
If you're there less than 30 days, get visa on arrival. EVERYONE does that - no need to apply via consulate
Ditto! everyone gets VOA. Just have $25 in new, crisp, US currency ready.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by ukdave0
I applied for the Visa as I was going to be in the country for 31 days. I applied by mail to Houston so fee was $45 plus another $20 for postages. Sent in the paper work (passport, employment, bank, air tickets, itineraries, etc) on a Saturday, received back on Wednesday. They called my on Tuesday with one or two simple questions.
Supposedly you can pay a small fine if stay is past 30 days but no way was I going to take a such a chance with local Immigration folks.
The official overstay fee is 200k per day ($16 or so at today's exchange rates). Remember the 30 days includes your entry and exit dates.

You can also extend a VOA once for 250k, although it's a bit of a hassle to do yourself. Agents will do it for an additional $40-$60. Personally, I'd pay the $16.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dtsm
There are quite a few countries that do not qualify for VOA.

I'd check Timatic, certainly.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
There are quite a few countries that do not qualify for VOA.

I'd check Timatic, certainly.
Sorry, you're right. That didn't cross my mind. But if you ARE eligible, that's the way to go.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 10:08 am

Programs: AA Ex, UA Prem G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Indonesian Transit Visa

Hello everyone,
I am US Permanent Resident and I normally travel to Europe. i dont need visa to travel in Europe. However, I will be short couplke thousand miles this year to get my exp back. I was checking the flights to CGK (Indonesia) and I was planning to venture myself and get those miles. DFW-NRT-CGK-NRT_DFW. I dont need visa to enter Japan, but yes for Indonesia. I was planning to turn around right away (5 hours layover) and rest in Japan for my evening flight.
I am not sure if I should apply for a transit visa because I will not step out of the airport in Indonesia or go ahead and apply for the tourist visa?
Any input will be great, and if this is not the right forum, feel free to move it. Thanks
Old Jul 6, 2014, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by da_erazo
Hello everyone,
I am US Permanent Resident and I normally travel to Europe. i dont need visa to travel in Europe. However, I will be short couplke thousand miles this year to get my exp back. I was checking the flights to CGK (Indonesia) and I was planning to venture myself and get those miles. DFW-NRT-CGK-NRT_DFW. I dont need visa to enter Japan, but yes for Indonesia. I was planning to turn around right away (5 hours layover) and rest in Japan for my evening flight.
I am not sure if I should apply for a transit visa because I will not step out of the airport in Indonesia or go ahead and apply for the tourist visa?
Any input will be great, and if this is not the right forum, feel free to move it. Thanks
Are you eligible for a VOA in Indonesia? If so, I wouldn't worry about it too much, at worse you'll cough up $35 for the 30 day VOA, or $15 if they offer the 7 day VOA. Remember there is an exit tax of either 150-200k that you may have to pay. ($12-16)

If you are NOT eligible for a VOA, I'd be concerned that you would be denied at DFW or NRT from boarding the plane. I would check Timatic to make sure.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA Ex, UA Prem G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Visa / VOA Info for Indonesia (consolidated)

I am not elegible for visa at arrival. should I apply for tue transit or tourist visa?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.