Official website for applying for the eVOA

https://molina.imigrasi.go.id
Print Wikipost

Visa / VOA Info for Indonesia

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by agp423
So if you hypothetically forgot to bring the money, you're SOL?
Well, if you expect to travel internationally and forgot your passport...do they still allow you to board?

I don't know what happens if you forgot, how about u just don't. It's $35 of your own country's money. Imagine if you are arriving from Spain, and you have to take the time to convert 35USD
Old Aug 29, 2014, 3:25 am

Programs: SQ, GA, QF
Originally Posted by agp423
So if you hypothetically forgot to bring the money, you're SOL?
You have to bring cash before you enter Indonesia, preferably USD. I believe it is possible to pay VOA in other major currencies, e.g., AUD, EUR, GBP in Jakarta and Bali, but USD is much preferred. It may be possible to use a credit card in Bali (VISA and Master Card), but USD will save you from troubles and unwanted complications. So again, just don't forget .
Old Aug 30, 2014, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by rizayosia
You have to bring cash before you enter Indonesia, preferably USD. I believe it is possible to pay VOA in other major currencies....
You can (generally) do this. But you won't like the exchange rate
Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:47 am

Just a note to say that if you are traveling from the U.S. into Jakarta, you are well-advised to get the visa in advance from the consulate. If/when you call, they will tell you that you can get the visa on arrival. True. You can. But only after standing in one very long line to pay and then another long line for immigration. We were arriving near midnight after four flights and didn't want to deal with the lines, so we got our visas in advance. We sailed through in minutes while others spent at least 30 minutes in the payment line.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 5:18 pm

I will be arriving in CGK at 1am on a Monday this coming month. Will I have trouble getting a VOA? Are the VOA booth open at that time?
Old Sep 12, 2014, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
As long as there are flights arriving, full immigration services will be staffed and open.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by FlightDelayed
Just a note to say that if you are traveling from the U.S. into Jakarta, you are well-advised to get the visa in advance from the consulate. If/when you call, they will tell you that you can get the visa on arrival. True. You can. But only after standing in one very long line to pay and then another long line for immigration. We were arriving near midnight after four flights and didn't want to deal with the lines, so we got our visas in advance. We sailed through in minutes while others spent at least 30 minutes in the payment line.
VOA lines vary quite a bit. If you're the 200th person in line, sure it may take awhile. If you're in the front of the plane, it's often a minute or two.

I've never waited more than 5 minutes for a VOA, and 20 minutes for passport control. I'm usually in the front of the plane.

I have gotten longer stay visas from the LA Indonesia embassy, but I wouldn't recommend it for most.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by FlightDelayed
....We sailed through in minutes while others spent at least 30 minutes in the payment line.
Nice if you have hand baggage only. Otherwise the wait at the baggage claim can be a great leveller .
Old Sep 13, 2014, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Nice if you have hand baggage only. Otherwise the wait at the baggage claim can be a great leveller .
Not always. My bags were #1 and #3 on the luggage belt earlier this month.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 4:55 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
As other have mentioned, like everything else Indonesia, there is NO predicting anything. I fly into CGK at least twice per month, usually on the same flight. Sometimes there is no one else in immigration, sometimes it seems as if 6 747 Haji flights landed the minute before and every last one of their passengers was able to get to immigration before me.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 2:25 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
A quick question here, if anyone has managed to get a 7 day visa at Bali- as I get it TWOV facilities are not available at Bali..and if it was indeed possible to transit ala Chinese airports?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 6:17 am

Programs: SQ, GA, QF
Originally Posted by ashkale
A quick question here, if anyone has managed to get a 7 day visa at Bali- as I get it TWOV facilities are not available at Bali..and if it was indeed possible to transit ala Chinese airports?
I am not 100% sure about this, but I think you can transit through Indonesian airports for up to 8 hours?
Old Dec 26, 2014, 11:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
So this just sounds too easy... You just show up at the airport with the $35USD and a passport and they give you a visa?

Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 5:24 am

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
Originally Posted by brewdog11
So this just sounds too easy... You just show up at the airport with the $35USD and a passport and they give you a visa?

Basically, you've got it.
You have a Immigration card to fill out and a Customs Dec to fill out and sign.
These 2 forms will normally be handed out on the flight.

You Land, bolt to the VOA counter, hand over the USD$35, they put a sticker in your Passport. Off to the Immigration queue, they stamp your Visa/Passport, then you are in the baggage claim area. Once you found your Baggage, off you go through the Customs lane - Red or Green path depending on whether you have anything to declare. Once through Customs, it's out into the throngs of people you go.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brewdog11

As long as your passport isn't from a restricted country. Most western countries are on the $35, 30 day VOA list. Many Asian countries receive a free 30 day visa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.