Last edit by: yosithezet
Official website for applying for the eVOA

https://molina.imigrasi.go.id
Print Wikipost

Visa / VOA Info for Indonesia

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2013, 5:35 am

Programs: QF LTS, TK Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Just wanted to thank everyone for the advice.

My flight even landed a bit early, and I was through customs in less than an hour.
The Jakarta domestic terminal (it turns out I was Terminal 1 after all, not Terminal 3) left a lot to be desired to be honest, but I was not in a rush at any time and the express service would have been completely unnecessary.

In the future, I will also regard 3 hours as adequate for an international-domestic connection in Jakarta Airport.

Thanks again.

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
3 hours is what I'd feel comfortable in changing terminals at CGK. 6 is way safe.

Terminal 2 has many more food options, KFC, Hoka Hoka Bento, etc, so I'd probably just eat there. Terminal 3 has a CFC which is mediocre at best, a JCO which is fine, and some small restaurants upstairs which are fine.

I don't think Lion Air flys a lot of planes out of terminal three. Or didn't the last time I was there a few months back. Mostly Air Asia.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 5:33 pm

I am also interested in finding out the answer. Please reply if one has experience on this.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 11:56 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to Flyertalk.

[redacted]

To narrow in on the US Department of State specific and current information for Indonesia, you may use this link.

Dual nationality information from USDOS can be found here.

Those without such challenges can check for current Indonesian visa requirements for people of various nationalities, origins and transit points using the TIMATIC web tool from Star Alliance here.

Embassy of Indonesia website link.

JDiver
senior moderator

Originally Posted by rezas
I am also interested in finding out the answer. Please reply if one has experience on this.

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; Jun 22, 2014 at 9:57 am Reason: info not relevant post-consolidation of multiple threads
Old Mar 11, 2014, 2:47 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Indonesia - VoA - Passport less than 6 months validity

Hi Folks,

Need some advise..

One of my colleagues has a Greek passport..she wants to travel to Bali for 1 week in April with her 11yr old son ( also Greek passport)..
Problem is her son's passport is expiring in August which is less than 6 months before travel date..
She plans to have confirmed return tickets and hotel reservations..

Is there still a high probability that they will refuse her son a VoA ?

Other than applying for a passport now in Thailand ( where she is located), what other options does she have ?

Seek advise ?
Thanks, A
Old Mar 11, 2014, 10:30 am

Programs: various
Highly likely they will refuse. Indonesia has usually been very strict about wanting at least 6 months of remaining validity on the passport. It's also possible that airline staff at check-in will notice the expiration date and refuse to allow boarding to Bali for a VOA traveler. Only two options that I can think of:
1) Go to Indonesian Embassy in Bangkok and apply for a visa in the standard way, see if they will grant particularly if supporting tickets in/out are provided. If they will, this should satisfy the airline as well as Indonesian Immigration at Bali. Get your visa this way too, then VOA becomes irrelevant.
2) If they refuse to even process due to expiration date, you have your answer and a new passport must be obtained. Hopefully the Greeks are fast on this, or the son isn't going to Bali in April.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: most of them
I was looking at ticket prices on Garuda's website today and there was a fairly prominent message that popped up when I started searching saying that your passport must be valid for at least 6 months following your search dates.

So I think it is quite likely that boarding would be denied.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 7:17 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

For my first visit to Indonesia in 2005, I argued for 45 minutes with the Hong Kong consulate. They said that because I could get on arrival, they didn't want to allow it. I said that I liked being prepared, and only after bringing a copy of my HK student ID could I apply.

Then, in Tokyo I tried again, and they snapped at me. Had a student ID there too, but that time, no dice.

Hope the OP has a better time with the BKK consulate, even with the <6 months issue.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:59 pm

Thanks for the update folks.. appreciate it..
Also checked more stuff on the net and seems applying for a new passport is the best option.. as the 6 month rule applies for many countries..
Old Mar 22, 2014, 8:46 pm

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
I can tell you CATEGORICALLY that even if you are allowed to board, you will be able to purchase the VOA for $25 USD -

BUT when you line up for Immigration the officer will detain you and deport you onto the next available flight.

There is NO leeway for passports with less than 6 months validity for arrival into Indonesia.

Either get a new passport or change your travel plans
Old Mar 23, 2014, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by adampenrith
I can tell you CATEGORICALLY that even if you are allowed to board, you will be able to purchase the VOA for $25 USD -

BUT when you line up for Immigration the officer will detain you and deport you onto the next available flight.

There is NO leeway for passports with less than 6 months validity for arrival into Indonesia.

Either get a new passport or change your travel plans
yup.. travel plans changed as tough to get the Greek passport renewed within few weeks.. apparently takes a month for this in bangkok

Thanks for ur advise..
Old Mar 29, 2014, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
In addition to the 6-month rule one's passport must have at least two blank pages.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Dianne47
In addition to the 6-month rule one's passport must have at least two blank pages.
If it's a requirement, it's one routinely flouted: or perhaps I've been fortunate. I struggled for months with a passport offering rapidly diminishing gaps between stamps. The Jakarta folk were helpful and inventive at helping me line up visas and their corresponding entry\exit stamps in any spaces offered by my inefficiently filled pages.

Now`with a spanking new passport I ask all stampers at every frontier to line up their work with corners and side of pages, and other artwork. All have been surprisingly compliant, an exception only Miami.

I'm guessing the 6-month rule is one open to verification higher up the chain, while any empty page rule is at the discretion of the agent.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I'm guessing the 6-month rule is one open to verification higher up the chain, while any empty page rule is at the discretion of the agent.
I believe this is the case for VoA's.. But if applying in embassies abroad, many do insist on a minimum number of blank pages..
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
The initial VOA stamp was a full passport page, the most recent is the size of a normal entry or exit stamp from most countries.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 12:41 am

Visa to Indonesia

I heard that all US citizens need to apply for a visa to Indonesia.
I went online and I do not see the price for the visa if you apply it through the local consulate or embassy office. I'm thinking about going to the SF location.

Does anyone know the price and procedure?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.