Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Visa / VOA Info for Cambodia

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:57 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt DIscoverist
Hi FTers, Quick queston...

I tried to do the E-Visa, but the "payment failed." I got the money back from my CC comany, but I am left with doing a visa on arrival. has anyone been in this situation? If so, How did it work out?

Also, what is the visa fee for US passport holders? Thanks!!
Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:17 pm

You might want to read the thread 1st, but the VOA is $30 now, & it will take 5 or 10 minutes.

Last edited by whackyjacky; Dec 2, 2014 at 8:23 pm
Old Dec 2, 2014, 9:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by whackyjacky
You might want to read the thread 1st, but the VOA is $30 now, & it will take 5 or 10 minutes.
seems its now $30 either VOA or E-Visa but it costs an extra $7 if one does E-Visa. Since I will be in REP for all of 2 days (wanted 3 but no award flights available to get out, 2 is better then 0). I will do the E-Visa just in case its packed when I arrive at 10am, worth the $7 ins policy
Old Dec 3, 2014, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by whackyjacky
When did that happen?
Old Dec 3, 2014, 2:46 am

Hasn't been long. A couple months maybe.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 1:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Firemansam
Arrive at the Airport, hand over passport, pay the visa fee and 10 minutes later visa in passport. Very simple.
I will assume that Cambodia is not like Vietnam , for VN in order to use VOA a person needs to have applied and received a letter specifying all their trip info,before even being allowed to board the flight.

Seems for Cambodia , no prior letter needs to be obatined , so land and head straight to the VOA area, smile (or dont) and say Im here Visa please
Old Dec 11, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
This might be a bit random, but it might help someone in Southern California. Earlier this year, I picked up my visa in person at an honorary consulate in Long Beach, CA (where I happen to live). We have a large Cambodian population and I was surprised to find that there is an honorary consulate office here.

It was simple to call, walk in, and get my visa.

Just in case this actually helps anyone. I don't remember seeing the office located on some websites as a consulate wherein to get a visa, so it was bit random that I found it.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 5:22 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS Club, BA Silver, Marriott Gold
In Siem Reap right now...VoA was quick when we arrived. However, passport control was a pain...took us more than an hour to get through. Indifferent staff seemed to be the issue...not a good start!
Old Dec 31, 2014, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by chandu2013
In Siem Reap right now...VoA was quick when we arrived. However, passport control was a pain...took us more than an hour to get through. Indifferent staff seemed to be the issue...not a good start!
Nothing quite says 'Welcome to Cambodia' like the perpetually scowling sourpusses at Immigration & an unjustifiable hour + wait at PP Control due to "indifferent staff". I think they're all upset that they paid at least $10K for their jobs & didn't get posted to a land crossing where all the money is.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chandu2013
I used e-visa into Siem Reap as well. I think it depends how far forward you are on the plane (if you're the first off) and if other flights are arriving at the same time. On my flight, most people used VOA and I was able to pass them by and fly through immigration in a matter of minutes. It saved a lot of last minute paperwork, having to carry passport sized photos, and the time spent going through a cash transaction at the airport as this was all taken care of though the e-visa web site before I left home.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 9:19 pm

The crooks are demanding 1500B at the Koh Kong land crossing now. Get your E-Visa for sure if you're headed that way.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by edsh
I used e-visa into Siem Reap as well. I think it depends how far forward you are on the plane (if you're the first off) and if other flights are arriving at the same time. On my flight, most people used VOA and I was able to pass them by and fly through immigration in a matter of minutes. It saved a lot of last minute paperwork, having to carry passport sized photos, and the time spent going through a cash transaction at the airport as this was all taken care of though the e-visa web site before I left home.
Ditto, no hassles at the airport (REP) on e-visa, and a long queue for VOA. Money well spent. My e-visa application sat "pending" for two weeks on the website, although the money had been taken. I thought it was possibly a lost cause, but sent an e-mail to the website contact. It bounced back, so I was then sure it wasn't going to work. Next morning I received a very apologetic e-mail from the Ministry and the e-visa was done. Weird but good outcome!
Old Jan 10, 2015, 12:46 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Cham Yeam Border Crossing Problematic for VOA

This account says that the Cambodia visa authorities will try a rip off for VOA at the Cham Yeam crossing from southern Thailand. Shocker.

(I don't have direct experience with the land crossing in this direction.)
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:32 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by rjh
This account says that the Cambodia visa authorities will try a rip off for VOA at the Cham Yeam crossing from southern Thailand. Shocker.

It has been posted on many different fora that at land crossings many officials will try to augment their income by extorting extra money from tourists.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:41 am

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Originally Posted by rjh

"Cham Yeam" is the infamous Koh Kong border crossing. Yes indeed it is a factual statement that they WILL try to rip you off there. So is it now, so has it always been. Some things you can count on in this world. If you need to get a visa there they will refuse to accept payment in US Dollars even though the visa price is denominated in US dollars and they will demand payment in Thai Bhat at a punitive exchange rate. If you use E-Visa they will often offer you "express processing" for USD$5, or else they will see to it that you have been suitably delayed though they will eventually get around to it if you don't pay the $5 "express" fee. Land crossings are a whole different animal than the airports.

I personally get my visas from a Consulate beforehand if I'm crossing there just because I don't like the hassles. $5 isn't going to kill anyone but it pi$%es me off and feeds corruption so I refuse to pay it. $5 X 2 for postage mailing in my passport cancels the cost savings of getting the visa at face value though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.