Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Visa / VOA Info for Cambodia

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2013, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by 2cardinalalums
We're planning to use VOA, since we'll have checked baggage anyways.

However, it's not clear to us what photo they want. The mail-in app asks for the usual 2"x2", but the FAQ for VOA says 4x6cm.

Anyone been through VOA lately and can confirm?

============
From the FAQ page on VOA.
(http://www.embassyofcambodia.org/faq.html)
One recent photograph (4x6 cm)
============
From the page on a mail-in visa application. (http://www.embassyofcambodia.org/visa.html)
One current passport sized photo (2"x2")
============
a standard passport picture is what they expect.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 3:03 am

Don't sweat it. You don't need a photo. What you need is $2. Bumped up from $1 not long ago.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by 2cardinalalums
We're planning to use VOA, since we'll have checked baggage anyways.

However, it's not clear to us what photo they want. The mail-in app asks for the usual 2"x2", but the FAQ for VOA says 4x6cm.

While I've never used VOA I've also never used a 2x2 picture for any visa app in Asia. In fact for my most recent Cambodian visa extension I forgot my pic and my TA's exact words were: Oh no problem, we'll just scan your passport photo.

Point being bring whatever photos you currently have and don't fret it.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:46 am

Programs: PR Premier Elite
I believe Cambodian Immigration concluded that foreigners of many nationalities kind of look a little bit like George Washington anyway, so that is why they will accept official US Government issued documents containing his picture, in lieu of your picture, should you hapen to not have a picture of yourself with you.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: EB, AY+
never tried e-visa but I always had front seat in plane so got to the counter first.
Next time I'm taking PG for the first time and all asr seats were rows 15+.
So I´ll try my luck to negotiate front seat during check in. E-visas can't be extended for more than one month.
Oh and those full-page-visa stickers.. visa extension takes one more page ! holy cr*p
Old Oct 29, 2013, 6:53 pm

If you want to extend to a 6 month or 1 year, be sure to check 'BUSINESS' on the immigration form.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pekkav
never tried e-visa but I always had front seat in plane so got to the counter first.
Next time I'm taking PG for the first time and all asr seats were rows 15+.
So I´ll try my luck to negotiate front seat during check in. E-visas can't be extended for more than one month.
Oh and those full-page-visa stickers.. visa extension takes one more page ! holy cr*p
How are you seeing the seating chart?

On PG's flights BKK-PNH v.v. (except for the ATR72) rows 1-3 are either C or pseudo-C; rows 4-7 are reserved for Premier members.

Originally Posted by whackyjacky
If you want to extend to a 6 month or 1 year, be sure to check 'BUSINESS' on the immigration form.
And pony up the additional $5 ($25 total).
Old Nov 3, 2013, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by whackyjacky
6&12m gets multi-entry too. Not bad for ~250us compared to never ending thai visa runs.

Originally Posted by dsquared37
How are you seeing the seating chart?
On PG's flights BKK-PNH v.v. (except for the ATR72) rows 1-3 are either C or pseudo-C; rows 4-7 are reserved for Premier members.
pg933 should be a320, one-class flight.
Premium priced Y gets rows 1-14. Two cheaper fares get 15+.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

6&12m gets multi-entry too. Not bad for ~250us compared to never ending thai visa runs.
A 1yr extension runs $283 US. Possibly this is $258 + $25 but I've never had it broken down for me.

pg933 should be a320, one-class flight.
Premium priced Y gets rows 1-14. Two cheaper fares get 15+.
If a 320 then yes, it's guaranteed to be a 1 class flight. As for the designations of row numbers I've no idea. Typically the first 3 or 4 rows of Y are held for Premier members and potentially overflow should it be a full flight. It's been a few years since I've sat more than 2 rows behind the Y bulkhead on any PG flight.

ETA: Row 1 on the A320 is not a great seat if you have any carryon. The overhead over ABC is restricted and the one over DEF has a shelf system on one side minimizing what can be put up there.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Homer15
The link for e-visa is here http://mfaic.gov.kh/evisa/ (looks like it's now $3 more)
Website errors galore. First I get time-outs, now it says "Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.visitorlog'.'PK_visitorlog' in database 'evisa_db2' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup".
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Website errors galore. First I get time-outs, now it says "Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.visitorlog'.'PK_visitorlog' in database 'evisa_db2' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup".
these things happen in Cambodia... Sometimes it gets so disorganized, it starts to look organized.. And you love them even more!
For 28 us for a tourist evisa, i'd skip all e-stuff and fill in the application in plane.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:18 pm
Suspended

these things happen in Cambodia... Sometimes it gets so disorganized, it starts to look organized.. And you love them even more!
For 28 us for a tourist evisa, i'd skip all e-stuff and fill in the application in plane.
I finally got through late last night
Old Jan 16, 2014, 6:07 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Cambodia: Change in Website for E Visa?

I read somewhere that there is a new change in where to find the website to obtain an E Visa for Cambodia. Can anyone give me the website that is the official one for the E Visa and any experience you have had with it?

Thanks
Old Jan 16, 2014, 6:50 am

This is the thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia/...voa-evisa.html

Last edited by dtsm; Jan 27, 2014 at 4:22 pm
Old Jan 27, 2014, 4:32 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Thank you for your help. I presume people have found this works well, and is better then waiting until you arrive there to get the visa?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.