FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia-460/)
-   -   Visa / VOA Info for Cambodia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia/1131589-visa-voa-info-cambodia.html)

RTWSTARALLIANCE Sep 29, 2010 3:47 pm

Visa / VOA Info for Cambodia

I have been thru this process before and know much is done online. But I have a itin question please. I am going later next month. My problem is that I do not have the exact award flight I want. Right know I am coming in from Shanghai and I prefer to come in from Seoul. When I apply for the visa do I need to come in on the exact flight noted? Also my arrival would be 20th or 19th but prefer 20th coming in from Seoul. Thanks. Thanks for any and all additional info you may have.

dsquared37 Sep 29, 2010 5:37 pm

Why go through all this when you can arrive in PNH, hand over your passport, pay your $20 and be on your way?

Mabuk dan gila Sep 29, 2010 7:24 pm

I wouldn't trust anything that is "on-line" in Cambodia. To high of odds that something or other wouldn't be working the day you arrived and you would end up waiting forever or paying again. Way easier and safer, not to mention cheaper, to just bring cash and get your visa on arrival. The whole on-line Cambodia visa thing is just plain silly.

RTWSTARALLIANCE Sep 29, 2010 8:31 pm

Thank you. I was not aware visa on arrival was option. Last time we went did online. Thanks.

dsquared37 Sep 29, 2010 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila (Post 14847922)
Way easier and safer, not to mention cheaper, to just bring cash and get your visa on arrival. The whole on-line Cambodia visa thing is just plain silly.

Not to mention that visa lines have been relatively small recently.

walter82 Sep 30, 2010 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila (Post 14847922)
I wouldn't trust anything that is "on-line" in Cambodia. To high of odds that something or other wouldn't be working the day you arrived and you would end up waiting forever or paying again. Way easier and safer, not to mention cheaper, to just bring cash and get your visa on arrival. The whole on-line Cambodia visa thing is just plain silly.

I dont agree its actually very easy and reliable in my experience.
I have arrived a number of times and avoided the lines of those trying to gert a visa.

dsquared37 Sep 30, 2010 2:41 am

Originally Posted by walter82 (Post 14852375)
I dont agree its actually very easy and reliable in my experience.
I have arrived a number of times and avoided the lines of those trying to gert a visa.

If you're in the back of the plane the line will not be in your favor. Otherwise I'm not sure the service is worth the additional money.

jiejie Sep 30, 2010 6:15 am

I'd also do visa on arrival. Likely that in late October, the incoming flights from Shanghai will have fewer people on the plane needing VOA than the one from Seoul. Regardless, just get a seat near the front of the plane. Incoming to Cambodia in October is usually not as heavy as November through February. Flights into PNH usually have a bigger ratio of Cambodians (not needing visas) to foreigners, compared to REP.

Don't forget to take an extra passport-sized photo, and exact bills for the visa fee in reasonably crisp and clean USD.

glennaa11 Sep 30, 2010 7:00 am

My two trips to Cambodia I did the e-visa and it was no problem at all. Processing was very quick...I had my e-visa via email within a few hours. At the airport you just show it to them at the passport control desk and they enter into the computer. Very fast and efficient.

But that doesn't answer the OP's question...to which I do not know the answer.

RTWSTARALLIANCE Sep 30, 2010 7:02 am

I will do the e-visa which worked just fine last time. I will be in C so front of plane regardless of flight taken in. At least on the website after my e-visa is issued there is a place for me to update flight/arrival information. Regardless again if that somehow mess up there still looks like a chance for me to get one upon arrival. Thanks all.

imm2b Oct 8, 2010 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE (Post 14854712)
I will do the e-visa which worked just fine last time. I will be in C so front of plane regardless of flight taken in. At least on the website after my e-visa is issued there is a place for me to update flight/arrival information. Regardless again if that somehow mess up there still looks like a chance for me to get one upon arrival. Thanks all.

I agreed. Cambodian e-visa was one of the easiest visa processes I have ever done.

jiejie Oct 8, 2010 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by imm2b (Post 14912823)
I agreed. Cambodian e-visa was one of the easiest visa processes I have ever done.

As long as it's up and running correctly. Plenty of old SE Asia hands here (mostly advocating for tried and true VOA), who remember what happened when the system wasn't. Technology + Undeveloped Asia is always a bit of a roulette and can wink in and out of reliable service for quite awhile. Some of us just prefer the old-fashioned manual method for the certainty it provides, rather than picking up 10 minutes of possible convenience. I've never been at an airport VOA in Cambodia that took more than 10 extra minutes. YMMV.

yosithezet Oct 8, 2010 9:55 pm

I did the e-visa. It was simple, quick and easy. Took the guy a bit to find my record, but another guy found my travel companions on the first try. Anyway, 5 mins and we were done.

IAN-UK Oct 12, 2010 2:29 am

A further (potential) advantage of the E-visa is that you shouldn't lose a full page of your passport to the not-so glamorous on-demand visa sticker. Unless the immigration chap is feeling bloody-minded :)

t314 Oct 22, 2010 5:45 am

Originally Posted by jiejie (Post 14854166)
I'd also do visa on arrival. Likely that in late October, the incoming flights from Shanghai will have fewer people on the plane needing VOA than the one from Seoul. Regardless, just get a seat near the front of the plane. Incoming to Cambodia in October is usually not as heavy as November through February. Flights into PNH usually have a bigger ratio of Cambodians (not needing visas) to foreigners, compared to REP.

Don't forget to take an extra passport-sized photo, and exact bills for the visa fee in reasonably crisp and clean USD.

Have done both ways and would also choose to do visa on arrival.