Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires F&B Scene - Volume I

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2022, 12:10 pm

The name of this great pizza place is?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 6:41 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Han Guk Kwan Restaurant

The other day, I piqued my local Wine friends interest with the thought of going for Korean BBQ for lunch. As you know, I’m typically looking for the true Porteno experience, I’m not much into the touristy places. Well.. even for me this was one interesting spot. Run by a Korean mom and her son originally from Canada, This restaurant typically attended by the Korean community (including the staff of the embassy) was a very interesting cultural and dining experience. The family was so so nice, there weren’t many people dining when we arrived at 2:15 PM. However, the food and the hospitality was just fantastic. I understand their busiest days are Saturday and Sunday. This area is not for the faint of heart. My friend was extremely impressed that I took the 160 Colectivo, transferred to the 7 and made it on time. All inclusive for 4000 ARS a person. The Banchan was fantastic. Two choices of meat, we came away extremely happy and impressed by the quality of the food and down home hospitality!

https://www.google.com/search?q=Han+...trex_id:jvTQPc
Gaucho100K, fedechat and Zorak like this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Latin America's 50 Best Restaurants 2022: the list in pictures

Several Buenos Aires Restaurants are in the Top 50!

https://www.theworlds50best.com/stor...-pictures.html
GUWonder likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 8:36 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I didn't know you were no longer a local.

Talking about sushi....there was an explosion of sushi places opening even here out in the sticks.
Took two decades to get that far from EZE?

Never been a big fan of sushi, but kept being invited to various Asian food places in CF even 20 years ago. [Sticks or not, I’m all about the lomo when in Argentina.]

Is sushi available when doing the cruises from Buenos Aires to see the penguins? That goes beyond the sticks.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
https://www.saigonargentina.com/

Saigon Noodle Bar for an early dinner. It is my second time there. Respectable. A squeeze bottle of seeded chili sauce on the tables. Chopsticks (although most people were eating with forks in the place). A solid "good" for when one wants to expand the Argentine palate. 2 xao bowls, an order of shrimp spring rolls, a bottle of valle de uco chard, and a water came to $9.850, so $11.000 with the tip. Oh, and a stop at Volta on the way home because well, all that salt needed some tempering!
Gaucho100K and Flying Machine like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 8:26 am

Delete

Last edited by boboqui; Jan 6, 2023 at 8:27 am Reason: Delete
Old Jun 19, 2023, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Argentina’s financial crisis has a surprising side effect: a flourishing dining scene in Buenos Aires, as residents rush to spend pesos before they lose more value.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/19/w...staurants.html

(Probably firewall-restricted)

My NSH opinion is that over the past several years, the dining scene here keeps getting more varied, interesting, and tasty ... above and beyond my own home cooking
Old Dec 25, 2023, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
That Vegetarian Question...

While spending time with family in Berkeley today I was asked about recommendations for dining in Buenos Aires where they are traveling in January (first trip) and one of them is a vegetarian. I recall some discussion of this years ago on FT, but would like to know what options/recommendations exist today. Respectfully request any ideas or suggestions and I will pass them on.

Cheers,

-Cyborg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.