Reload this Page >

Buenos Aires F&B Scene - Volume I

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires F&B Scene - Volume I

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2021, 8:43 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Lucciano’s

Yes there are less expensive Ice Cream options in BA but I do like Lucciano’s. Their pops are really good with some fun flavors. Great way to temporarily stay cool in this BA heat lol.

GlobalNomad likes this.

Last edited by Brandinho1; Dec 27, 2021 at 8:44 am Reason: Misspell
Old Dec 27, 2021, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Yes there are less expensive Ice Cream options in BA but I do like Lucciano’s. Their pops are really good with some fun flavors. Great way to temporarily stay cool in this BA heat lol.
My ice cream ranking from best to worst (still amazing anywhere else in the world):
1. Lucciano’s
2. Persicco
3. Volta
4. Freddo
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 7:17 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
I discovered Lucciano's last week in Carilo.

I must say I was impressed.

After the first visit, we did another three and now looking for the branch nearest to our home in Escobar.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by malagajohn
I discovered Lucciano's last week in Carilo.

I must say I was impressed.

After the first visit, we did another three and now looking for the branch nearest to our home in Escobar.
Did you have ice cream or a pop?
Old Dec 28, 2021, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Did you have ice cream or a pop?
The boss and I had ice cream and malagajohnjr had some of the quaintly designed pops.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The boss and I had ice cream and malagajohnjr had some of the quaintly designed pops.
Some of them are pretty cute and I'm sure there's no copyright infringement on any of them
Old Dec 29, 2021, 9:49 am

Chicago Style Pizza

Yes that’s the name of the restaurant lol. They do have their take on Chicago deep dish which I liked. If you order the pepperoni pizza expect chorizo colorado which for me makes it far more flavorful than what you get in the U.S. for pepperoni. The crust isn’t as thick and not nearly as much cheese is used. This restaurant is in the Villa Devoto area where there are plenty of other options as well. It isn’t well connected to the Subte unfortunately so if you don’t live near a taxi is probably the best option getting here.

Old Dec 29, 2021, 11:49 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Thanks for posting.. Still my favorite in BsAs

https://guerrin.com.ar/

Happy New Year to all the Argentina participants on FT!
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 5:34 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Thanks for posting.. Still my favorite in BsAs

https://guerrin.com.ar/

Happy New Year to all the Argentina participants on FT!
+1 for Güerrín.

Argentinian style pizza with mushrooms, hearts of palm and artichokes.
Flying Machine and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:47 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
On the topic of Ice Cream..... a hidden gem mostly unknown to visitors is El Colonial.

I will say I dont much care for Luccianos - too extravagant and over flavoured, lots of their classic offerings are in my view sub-par. For the black palate local Ice Cream lover, Lucciano's is "gringo style" ice cream.... high-end and people watching yes, but for the real ice cream..... Volta, Perssico and El Colonial are simply better - and not that it matters, but are better values.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 11:17 am

@guacho100K, I cannot believe that you think Volta and Persicco are superior to Lucciano....

I don't know El Colonial but I will try it soon.

Lucciano at least tries to do things with flavor combinations and most work although sometimes they don't. - They also have great stuff for the kids.

Volta and Persicco - Are they any different from Freddo?
Old Jan 3, 2022, 11:30 am

I am also totally unable to trust anyone who cant spell Bombón Escocés correctly...

See their webpage.....
Old Jan 3, 2022, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
@guacho100K, I cannot believe that you think Volta and Persicco are superior to Lucciano....

I don't know El Colonial but I will try it soon.

Lucciano at least tries to do things with flavor combinations and most work although sometimes they don't. - They also have great stuff for the kids.

Volta and Persicco - Are they any different from Freddo?
The best helados I've ever eaten were from Freddo, circa late 1990s. And then it went to poopoodoodookakaland. I hear it improved again, but I think that Persicco is very good. I haven't done a blind tasting with Lucciano, but it would melt by the time I got back home, and Persicco is only a few blocks away.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I’d like to suggest Rapa Nui as one to add to your helado list. I really like the flavors, consistency and texture of their ice cream.. The chocolates are good too.. https://chocolatesrapanui.com.ar/locales/
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:06 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
My two cents is a (kind of) new shop in San Isidro, Schock BA. By far, the best and highest quality ice creams in Buenos Aires.
The pistachio is out of this world.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.