Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires F&B Scene - Volume I

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2011, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by KurtD
it is pricey though: 300 pesos for 2 cocktails, entrees, apetizers, and coffee per person.
That reads a bit confusing - $300 per person? Just confirming.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA since 1998, 1.96 M miles
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
That reads a bit confusing - $300 per person? Just confirming.
Correct.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:39 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Pesos.... its AR$300 per person....
Old Oct 7, 2011, 11:38 am

Visiting BsAs in early 2012 and browsing through different Internet sites and travel books to come up with a few, supposedly nice Argentine restaurants:

· Cabaņa las Lilas
· La Caballeriza
· Siga la vaca
· Rodizzio
· La Cabrera
· La Cabrera Norte

I read a few comments about las Lilas here, any suggestions regarding the others or any others that are not on the "list"?

Thanks.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Clipper801
Visiting BsAs in early 2012 and browsing through different Internet sites and travel books to come up with a few, supposedly nice Argentine restaurants:

· Cabaņa las Lilas
· La Caballeriza
· Siga la vaca
· Rodizzio
· La Cabrera
· La Cabrera Norte

I read a few comments about las Lilas here, any suggestions regarding the others or any others that are not on the "list"?

Thanks.
For good Italian, try Sotto Voce. I usually stay in the Recoleta area and go to the one on Libertador.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Please forget Siga La Vaca.... quality is not right...

Also, forget Cabania Las Lilas... overpriced tourist trap.

Rodizio is OK, but leave that for a Brazil trip... the concept is not Argentine.

And yes, Sotto Voce is a great choice for Italian.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Please forget Siga La Vaca.... quality is not right...

Also, forget Cabania Las Lilas... overpriced tourist trap.

Rodizio is OK, but leave that for a Brazil trip... the concept is not Argentine.

And yes, Sotto Voce is a great choice for Italian.
Thanks for the tips! Tentatively, I plan to stay at the Caesar Park, the one near Patio Bullrich shopping mall.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Clipper801
Thanks for the tips! Tentatively, I plan to stay at the Caesar Park, the one near Patio Bullrich shopping mall.
In that area, also stay clear of Piegari... another well known tourist trap.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Fervor....... high-end seafood & more in Recoleta. The concept is something like surf & turf on the Grill... interesting, excellent ingredients, very good service. Went there yesterday for dinner with friends. Quite Expensive for EZE standards, but worth it... ^

I cant believe the reviews on Oleo.... what rubbish is written there.

Will post a detailed report later.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 7:49 pm

Fervor....... high-end seafood & more in Recoleta. The concept is something like surf & turf on the Grill... interesting, excellent ingredients, very good service. Went there yesterday for dinner with friends. Quite Expensive for EZE standards, but worth it... ^

I cant believe the reviews on Oleo.... what rubbish is written there.

Will post a detailed report later.
Look forward to reading your review. Please also post address and web site if they have one. I tried to google but nothing returned. Thanks!
Old Oct 22, 2011, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Their website seems to be down..... hope its back online when I finish my report.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:55 am

In that area, also stay clear of Piegari... another well known tourist trap.
Itīs probably just me but I do like Piegari. I agree itīs expensive for EZE, noisy, service so so, but the 5 or 6 times I ate there always had good food ( I specially like the boquerones ).

As I normally stay at the Caesarīs Park I tend to walk to the restaurants there ( El Mirasol, Piegari ) or eat a few empanadas at the Sanjuanino.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 7:21 am
Original Poster

The walking distance from the hotels in the area is a huge plus to many visitors.... I dont disagree with you on the food quality of Piegari, its just that this comes in the package that you describe and there are so many other better Italian options in town. Alas, whats important is that visitors are happy and you have enjoyed your past visits to Piegari and that is the only thing that matters... ^
Old Nov 13, 2011, 10:00 am

The walking distance from the hotels in the area is a huge plus to many visitors.... I dont disagree with you on the food quality of Piegari, its just that this comes in the package that you describe and there are so many other better Italian options in town. Alas, whats important is that visitors are happy and you have enjoyed your past visits to Piegari and that is the only thing that matters... ^
One of the things I really enjoy most at Piegari is they hand out these A4 sized bills ( that you have to fold about 6 times to fit in your wallet ), that drive my financial dpt. quite mad
Old Nov 17, 2011, 7:36 am

Restaurant suggestions in El Calafate & Ushuaia

Continuing my trip planning to Argentina in the new year and rather than starting a new thread as it is F&B related although not specific to BsAs.

I am looking for restaurant suggestions in El Calafate and Ushuaia as I shall be spending a few days in both cities.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.