Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

2023 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2023 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2023, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by PMFR
Actually, if you book through a Centurion Travel agent, the price (including upgrades and extra amentities) will be much better than booking on the FHR page.
Yea I have not seen published discounts any different from logging into my centurion account vs platinum account when browsing FHR. Is this only specific properties?

I also was unaware you are able to just skip the line at lounges. Rarely I visit these lounges but can't recall 2 sets of lines or a reserved line for centurion card holders.

concierge has also progressively gotten worse year over year.
Old May 20, 2023, 10:50 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by emcnj
I also was unaware you are able to just skip the line at lounges.
Some discussion here: Centurion members - do you cut to the front of the lounge line?
emcnj likes this.
Old May 21, 2023, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by PMFR
Actually, if you book through a Centurion Travel agent, the price (including upgrades and extra amentities) will be much better than booking on the FHR page.
I was told that the price is no different - but you've found better deals by calling in?
Old May 21, 2023, 3:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by paralyzer
I was told that the price is no different - but you've found better deals by calling in?
In my country (NL) it depends on the booking/hotel. Calling in to Centurion is often 10-20% cheaper than an online FHR booking but not always. For example I just booked the Langham Shanghai for around 185 EUR, FHR online was around 220 EUR. Same FHR benefits. So it pays to at least ask a quote. Of course cancelling an online booking is easier, you can do that online instead of calling in.
GUWonder and paralyzer like this.
Old May 25, 2023, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by janwillem
In my country (NL) it depends on the booking/hotel. Calling in to Centurion is often 10-20% cheaper than an online FHR booking but not always. For example I just booked the Langham Shanghai for around 185 EUR, FHR online was around 220 EUR. Same FHR benefits. So it pays to at least ask a quote. Of course cancelling an online booking is easier, you can do that online instead of calling in.
Just called for my latest hotel - the price was better with the concierge! I also found out that sometimes the points-price is even better (if you use points for the reseravation)
GUWonder and PMFR like this.
Old May 25, 2023, 6:28 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by paralyzer
Yes, by calling the Centurion Travel Agent
Old May 28, 2023, 4:35 pm

Just joined Centurion

Hi there,
First time poster here, but more recently a lurker.
Just received the personal Centurion invite - interestingly it was on email.
Platinum member for over two decades, spent over 1M cumulatively over last three years. Whole family platinum card members for the last few years.
Did make a request on Centurion website over a year ago, but also this year realized information regarding my income and assets were 20 years old! Updated them this year.
Given we are already Equinox members it was a no brainer. Saks additional credit also a plus, as well as other perks.
So far experience just started, so will post observations later. My wife seems to be pretty happy…
Old Jun 6, 2023, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Fangflyer
Hi there,
First time poster here, but more recently a lurker.
Just received the personal Centurion invite - interestingly it was on email.
Platinum member for over two decades, spent over 1M cumulatively over last three years. Whole family platinum card members for the last few years.
Did make a request on Centurion website over a year ago, but also this year realized information regarding my income and assets were 20 years old! Updated them this year.
Given we are already Equinox members it was a no brainer. Saks additional credit also a plus, as well as other perks.
So far experience just started, so will post observations later. My wife seems to be pretty happy…
Hey man! By any chance can you show us how looks the email from centurion? Hiding your personal information of course. I receive too many mails but too maaany daily. I don’t want miss it if is the case.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 5:14 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

@Fangflyer Welcome to FlyerTalk.
Fangflyer likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Amex Centurion, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Partecara
Hey man! By any chance can you show us how looks the email from centurion? Hiding your personal information of course. I receive too many mails but too maaany daily. I don’t want miss it if is the case.
I still have mine in my endless inbox. If you miss the email, they [should] call as well.

SteveT, Statman and gudugan like this.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 3:17 pm

Tried to post the photo...

Originally Posted by Partecara
Because of my new flyer talk account I could not post the photo. The subject is: "XXX, you're invited to apply for Centurion Membership" followed by a note from Stephen Squeri (CEO of Amex). There was a hidden phone number and reference number with the email which directed you to an agent.

Good luck!
SteveT and paralyzer like this.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 11:08 pm

Invite received!!!

I have been following this thread for several
years and I am thrilled to say I finally received an invitation to apply for the business Centurion. I have seen a lot of misinformation on here so for other people wondering and working towards this I want to share what I know in August of 2023.

Post COVID Amex made a decision to make the card more elite then ever. Previously you may have seen information stating that 400,000 was the starting point for consideration as a business cardholder. I have been a member of AMEX since 2006 and I spent 2.4m on my AMEX platinum last year.

I had the opportunity to speak to TWO business development managers at AMEX to really find out what the starting criteria for business are. $2.4m is VERY LOW for the business card and I was told they are looking for members starting around $6m annual spend.

Additionally, they want to see a substantial LUXURY spend at super high end and we’ll know brands and establishments. Think Cartier, Hermes, Patek Phillipe, Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, private jet travel, etc. This is very important to them.

Additionally they prefer there to be a story behind the member, you should be noteworthy in your field with some press or even a bonafide celebrity.

You must be very high income, this matters, generally 500k a year or more and you should have perfect credit.

I wouldn’t even waste your time applying for interest, it did nothing for me. One day when you least expect it AMEX will deem you worthy and the rest will be history.

They don’t need the customers for this card, this card is a privilege, it’s not amount money for them, they literally don’t care. It is the ultimate financial
milestone I think you can accomplish because even if your rich you can’t buy this card. I wondered recently when I heard the $6m number if I would ever make the cut and I can only say that I am so gracious and happy to have earned this. This is worth more then money.

I don’t know about personal spend but I would venture to say based on what I know that your looking at 500k per year on the absolute low end for consideration.

There are no more then 25,000 Centurion members in the USA. You are looking at roughly 1 out of every 17,000 people have this card. Amex wants to keep it that way.

Also, the card comes with no preset limit like the rest of their charge cards, but the Centurion no preset isn’t like the others. Think a limit of around a million starting, I put through a test transaction of $200k on the app before the card even came and it was instantly approved.

Once you get invited they will have you formally apply, you could actually get denied at that point. It can take up to 72 hours for a decision, mine was instant. They overnight the card to you. This is a completely new account, not an upgrade for your platinum.

Good luck everyone, I went through years of directing almost all of my card spend to my Amex to get here and it took me almost 10 years to make it happen, but I finally did it!!! Long live American Express!!
Statman, paralyzer and Fangflyer like this.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by sethross

Good luck everyone, I went through years of directing almost all of my card spend to my Amex to get here and it took me almost 10 years to make it happen, but I finally did it!!! Long live American Express!!
Congratulations -- Sounds to me like their marketing is wrking quite well!!!

Oh - and welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Aug 4, 2023, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
First, welcome to Flyertalk!

Originally Posted by sethross
Additionally, they want to see a substantial LUXURY spend at super high end and we’ll know brands and establishments. Think Cartier, Hermes, Patek Phillipe, Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, private jet travel, etc. This is very important to them.
I'm a little surprised that the Biz Cent categories revolve around luxury spend. I imagine attempting to buy any kind of luxury good on my corporate card would trigger all sorts of red flags from compliance (e.g. am I trying to bribe someone?)

What kind of business has a legitimate, or at least, reasonable, rationale for spending $6M/yr. on say, handbags or watches?
Old Aug 4, 2023, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Polytonic
What kind of business has a legitimate, or at least, reasonable, rationale for spending $6M/yr. on say, handbags or watches?
I was thinking the same thing. Private jets and high-end hotels I can understand, but luxury retail?
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.