Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

2023 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2023 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2023, 11:38 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by helvetic
Is there a thread for experiences for Centurion members?
USA:

Centurion card (USA) refresh. Some benefits removed/added. $5k annual fee.

Report Centurion "WOW" Offers, Invites, Gifts
Old Apr 1, 2023, 12:02 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Thanks. Any thread for HK cardmembers? Or should we start one? Or is there just not enough of us to matter haha.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 7:35 am
mia

There was an attempt to start one in 2015 and again in 2022, but no discussion:

AMEX Centurion - Hong Kong
Old Apr 18, 2023, 1:41 am

I'm excited to post that I received a Centurion invite!

(ps - first time poster here - I love the forums here at FlyerTalk - thank you all for hosting such great discussions here)

Details on my invite -
The invite is for a corporate card (not personal) Centurion - I'm super excited about that, because of the 50% points redemption on flights.

My wife and I own a nationwide company that we started from scratch. For the last 4 years, we have probably put anywhere from $2.5 million to $3.5 million each year on our corporate Amex Platinum.

Invite was received yesterday - I was a little surprised that the invite was by email - but the Centurion logo was there, with an email saying I was being invited, along with a phone number to call with confirmation number - I called Amex and got it confirmed - Black card on the way.

I'm excited. There's an Equinox right next to my home. We love booking FHR hotels, and my understanding is that the discounts are even better with Centurion. The 50% airline rebate is awesome. We always travel first class - we don't have enough money as yet for a private jet (lol) but I'm hoping I can accomplish that next.

Regarding our spend - obviously much of it goes to equipment and supplies for our company - a decent amount to social media marketing - recently, we have been constructing a new facility, so for the last 9 months, there's been a decent amount of contracting equipment purchased on the company cards. We do host many of our company meetings at nice restaurants or hotels. In regard to carrying a luxury profile, we probably meet the appearance of that. All employees with a card have one linked to our corporate amex account - so all spending is aggregated on that business level.

I am honestly surprised. The rumor I had heard was that a sustained yearly spend of around $4.5 to $5 million is usually what it takes to get a corporate Centurion. I was pleasantly surprised to receive the invite. Of note - I am SUPER nice to all Amex concierges. Always grateful, always a good attitude.

I did send correspondence to Amex's team a year ago, expressing interest in joining Centurion, but I didn't hear back (maybe this invite was motivated by that outreach?). If it was, then it took a year.

I hope the details above help. Good luck to all - the insights here helped a ton!

Last edited by paralyzer; Apr 18, 2023 at 1:42 am Reason: adding additional details on invite
Old Apr 18, 2023, 9:42 am
mia

Welcome to Flyertalk.

Originally Posted by paralyzer
I
The invite is for a corporate card (not personal) Centurion -
Is the offer for a Corporate or a Business Centurion? The card name has nothing to do with the legal structure of your business, the owner of a corporation can hold a Business card. These are separate products with different features.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by mia
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Is the offer for a Corporate or a Business Centurion? The card name has nothing to do with the legal structure of your business, the owner of a corporation can hold a Business card. These are separate products with different features.
sorry about that - didn’t write this well - it’s a business centurion (not corporate)
Old Apr 20, 2023, 7:18 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
Don't believe that there is a corporate centurion card, only personal and business.
As to FHR hotels, you are correct that if booked through a Centurion agent, that you will obtain a better offer than if booked on FHR website. That has been my experience in the twenty years that I have had the card. Most recently a Paris trip with stay at Le Bristol where Agent's rate was better than FHR (or Le Bristol's) rate by over €250 per day.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 8:14 am
mia

Originally Posted by PMFR
Don't believe that there is a corporate centurion card, only personal and business..
There is a reference to Corporate Centurion here (scroll down): https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...ion-terms.html

paralyzer likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 9:47 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
There is Corporate in the US only as far as I'm aware. Never seen one personally, nor (as far as I am aware) has anyone on FT posted about having one. I imagine given to top leadership of companies with big Amex accounts. No news on benefits, but probably similar to other US Cent.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YClass
There is Corporate in the US only as far as I'm aware. Never seen one personally, nor (as far as I am aware) has anyone on FT posted about having one. I imagine given to top leadership of companies with big Amex accounts. No news on benefits, but probably similar to other US Cent.
My AM had one for a year. She received some sort of award and one of the perks was a Centurion Card for a year. The benefits are similar to the Business Centurion. Someone mentioned that the Corp Centurion is used as a sales tool to get your business.
paralyzer likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 10:57 am
Original Poster

I'm excited to post that I received a Centurion invite!

(ps - first time poster here - I love the forums here at FlyerTalk - thank you all for hosting such great discussions here)

Details on my invite -
The invite is for a corporate card (not personal) Centurion - I'm super excited about that, because of the 50% points redemption on flights.

My wife and I own a nationwide company that we started from scratch. For the last 4 years, we have probably put anywhere from $2.5 million to $3.5 million each year on our corporate Amex Platinum.

Invite was received yesterday - I was a little surprised that the invite was by email - but the Centurion logo was there, with an email saying I was being invited, along with a phone number to call with confirmation number - I called Amex and got it confirmed - Black card on the way.

I'm excited. There's an Equinox right next to my home. We love booking FHR hotels, and my understanding is that the discounts are even better with Centurion. The 50% airline rebate is awesome. We always travel first class - we don't have enough money as yet for a private jet (lol) but I'm hoping I can accomplish that next.

Regarding our spend - obviously much of it goes to equipment and supplies for our company - a decent amount to social media marketing - recently, we have been constructing a new facility, so for the last 9 months, there's been a decent amount of contracting equipment purchased on the company cards. We do host many of our company meetings at nice restaurants or hotels. In regard to carrying a luxury profile, we probably meet the appearance of that. All employees with a card have one linked to our corporate amex account - so all spending is aggregated on that business level.

I am honestly surprised. The rumor I had heard was that a sustained yearly spend of around $4.5 to $5 million is usually what it takes to get a corporate Centurion. I was pleasantly surprised to receive the invite. Of note - I am SUPER nice to all Amex concierges. Always grateful, always a good attitude.

I did send correspondence to Amex's team a year ago, expressing interest in joining Centurion, but I didn't hear back (maybe this invite was motivated by that outreach?). If it was, then it took a year.

I hope the details above help. Good luck to all - the insights here helped a ton!
Congrats on the invite. When you called to accept, what was the process? Did they ask any questions about revenue, assets, etc.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by PMFR
Don't believe that there is a corporate centurion card, only personal and business.
As to FHR hotels, you are correct that if booked through a Centurion agent, that you will obtain a better offer than if booked on FHR website. That has been my experience in the twenty years that I have had the card. Most recently a Paris trip with stay at Le Bristol where Agent's rate was better than FHR (or Le Bristol's) rate by over €250 per day.
Okay - I didn't know this? So if I call the Centurion concierge, they might be able to offer me a better hotel rate than what's on the FHR website?

Second question - when you book through the Centurion concierge, do you still get the late 4 pm checkout? THANK YOU!

I'm opening a Family Office for my child. Now I want the corporate black - LOL!

REPLY TO STEVE:

I already had a Business Platinum. So when I called, they asked if I wanted to just update my Business Platinum (upgrade it to Centurion) or open a new account with a Centurion. If I had opened a new account, I would have had to do disclosures and probably offer info.

I opted to upgrade (meaning that I relinquish my platinum, and now that plat becomes a Centurion). Because it was an 'upgrade,' no questions or verfications were asked - all the financial data was based on the plat account. I will say - I read a tip on here to make sure your declared income and assets are well-stated in the Amex portal. Six months ago, I went into my Amex profile and re-entered my income and asset value, as both had become higher. That may have helped?
SteveT likes this.

Last edited by mia; Apr 21, 2023 at 8:35 am Reason: Consolidate consecutive replies
Old Apr 21, 2023, 7:17 am

Okay - I didn't know this? So if I call the Centurion concierge, they might be able to offer me a better hotel rate than what's on the FHR website?

Second question - when you book through the Centurion concierge, do you still get the late 4 pm checkout? THANK YOU!
I go through Centurion "Travel Agent", not Concierge. I was assigned a Team several years ago, and I have two members who usually do my bookings for me.
All benefits are available including early check-in and late check-out not to mention better rates then posted of FHR website, and usually, an additional ammenity that is not included on the FHR website. Also, only for FHR hotels and resorts, upgrade at time of booking rather than at check-in. There have been some exclusions to this benefit.
paralyzer likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by mia
There is a reference to Corporate Centurion here (scroll down): https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...ion-terms.html

I stand corrected. Thanks!
Parterre likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 10:39 am
Original Poster

REPLY TO STEVE:

I already had a Business Platinum. So when I called, they asked if I wanted to just update my Business Platinum (upgrade it to Centurion) or open a new account with a Centurion. If I had opened a new account, I would have had to do disclosures and probably offer info.

I opted to upgrade (meaning that I relinquish my platinum, and now that plat becomes a Centurion). Because it was an 'upgrade,' no questions or verfications were asked - all the financial data was based on the plat account. I will say - I read a tip on here to make sure your declared income and assets are well-stated in the Amex portal. Six months ago, I went into my Amex profile and re-entered my income and asset value, as both had become higher. That may have helped?
I think it could have been a factor depending on the asset value you listed. Also, if you had some of those assets held in Goldmans, Morgan Stanley, or Charles Schwab that could have been another factor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.