Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2022, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Related discussion here: Report clawbacks of the FHR/THC $200 credit.

Terms and FAQ

Which charges are eligible?
  • Reservation must be pre-paid to be reimbursed.
  • Pre-paids with a flexible cancellation policy are still eligible.
  • Hotel rates under $200 are also reimbursed.
  • If using Pay With Points, the cash portion of your charge is still eligible.
  • Charges made at the hotel are not billed by Amex Travel and are not eligible.
  • When checking in, the terms require payment with an Amex which need not be a platinum Amex.
  • Browse Hotels here
When:​​​​​​
  • Benefit renews every January 1st.
  • The $200 credit is based on the year you made the booking, not the year of the stay. You can use it this year to book a room for next year.
  • Amex in general handles offers by the transaction date, not post date. For example, a 12/31/22 transaction date is eligible for 2022 credits even if posted in 2023.
Changes and Cancellations:
  • If you cancel a reservation, the $200 credit is reversed. The credit will be available to use again if you cancelled in the same year you paid.
  • In general you can't modify reservation dates and need to cancel and rebook to change dates.
  • "If you need to change your hotel booking, you must either cancel and rebook your reservation or call us for assistance."
  • If you use the benefit for a future stay and cancel that Amex platinum card prior to your stay, Amex is not known to claw back the $200. You will still need to check-in with some other Amex.
Other:
  • The $200 credit sometimes posts in a few days, but sometimes 3 weeks or longer.
  • To know your remaining $200 balance, ask Amex. There's no meter on the website. There is now a meter on the website which shows your usage against $200
  • If your platinum account has additional cardholders with a gold card, charges on the gold card are eligible. Not clear if they enforce the requirement that the platinum cardholder must be on the reservation.
  • Terms of the FH&R $100 credit.
  • Separate thread regarding elite benefits on stays.
Print Wikipost

Amex $200 Hotel Credit (FHR or THC)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2021, 4:57 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Haven't seen this mentioned, but I got an AMEX Offer for $150 cash back on an $800 prepaid FHR or HC stay.

DETAILS
Get a one-time $150 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $800 in one or more transactions on prepaid hotel bookings with Fine Hotels + Resorts® and The Hotel Collection properties with American Express Travel by 12/17/2021. See terms for exclusions.

OFFER TERMS
Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued Consumer Platinum® Cards, Business Platinum® Cards, Centurion® Cards and<br>Business Centurion® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid only for prepaid hotel bookings with Fine Hotels + Resorts® and The Hotel Collection properties made directly with American Express Travel through amextravel.com, the Amex® App, or by calling the phone number on the back of your eligible Card. Qualifying transactions must total a minimum of $800 by 12/17/2021, in accordance with these terms, to be eligible for a one-time $150 statement credit. Excludes car rental or cruise bookings, online chat transactions, flight bookings, flight+hotel packages, gift cards, travel insurance, and travelers’ cheques. Valid only to US Card Members. American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. is acting solely as a sales agent for travel suppliers and is not responsible for the actions or inactions of such suppliers. Certain suppliers pay us commission and other incentives for reaching sales targets or other goals and may provide incentives to our travel consultants. For more information visit www.americanexpress.com/travelterms. California CST#1022318; Washington UBI#600-469-694. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. You may not receive the statement credit if we receive inaccurate information or are otherwise unable to identify your purchase as qualifying for the offer. For example, you may not receive the statement credit if (a) the merchant uses a third-party to sell their products or services; or (b) the merchant uses a third-party to process or submit your transaction to us (e.g., using mobile or wireless card readers); or (c) you choose to make a purchase using a third-party payment account or make a purchase using a mobile or digital wallet. Purchases may fall outside of the offer period in some cases due to a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction (for example, the purchase date for online orders may be the shipping date). Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/17/2021, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items/services from your qualifying purchase have been shipped/provided by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your purchase as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account. The enrolled Card account must be active, not past due, canceled, or have a returned payment outstanding to receive the statement credit. Any benefit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. Membership Rewards or cash back) earned as part of your existing Card benefits, but your ability to earn spend-based rewards for the purchase will be based on the amount after any statement credit or other discount is applied. Amex Offers are dynamic and personalized, so the offers you see may change. For questions regarding your Card Account, please call the number on the back of your Card. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: K2S3:0001
So since I haven't used my credit I'll get $350 back off a stay of $800 or more.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Beckles
Haven't seen this mentioned, but I got an AMEX Offer for $150 cash back on an $800 prepaid FHR or HC stay.
See my post 161

but yeah, that is the reason why I am looking at this again because now it is $350 back plus we got the offer on the primary and the sub card ...
Old Nov 3, 2021, 9:49 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by Beckles

So since I haven't used my credit I'll get $350 back off a stay of $800 or more.
And many of us were offered a $200 cash back on AMEX travel booking for 2022 (hotel, flight or car). This will stack as well. Just used all three on one pre-paid two night Hotel Collection stay.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 9:59 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
FYI, I noticed after cancelling a HC reservation and rebooking, if the annual credit is "available", when you log into Amex Travel you will get both a pop up about the credit, and a reference to it will appear on the left side of the main screen (along with the other travel benefits like FHR and HC). Once it's been triggered (even before the credit posts to your account), both disappear.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 2:07 pm

I was going to try to stack the offer for Waldorf/Conrad with the two FHR credits, but I just noticed that they they have to be booked through a separate channel. Too bad the W.A. (and other Hilton offers) didn't show up on my Aspire.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 5:58 am

I made a booking using points and cash and had to cancel.
I see I got the full refund in the form of cash, but I didn't get a point refund.
Does anyone know if I will get the refund for the points?
Old Nov 4, 2021, 11:01 am
FT

Originally Posted by Store
I made a booking using points and cash and had to cancel.
I see I got the full refund in the form of cash, but I didn't get a point refund.
Does anyone know if I will get the refund for the points?
You have to call in and make the request.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Segments
And many of us were offered a $200 cash back on AMEX travel booking for 2022 (hotel, flight or car). This will stack as well. Just used all three on one pre-paid two night Hotel Collection stay.
How long did it take you to see all credits credited? 200$ + 200$ + 150$? So far, I only see 200$ + 150$ on my end
Old Nov 5, 2021, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by doenutt
How long did it take you to see all credits credited? 200$ + 200$ + 150$? So far, I only see 200$ + 150$ on my end
Made hotel reservation 10/24. First credit showed on 10/29. Other two showed up on 10/31.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 9:44 am

double-check hotel is part of Fine/Collection

I went through the link when they first announced the $200 credit (Sep 14, 2021). It took me to Fine Hotels site and I searched for the Houston Marriott Airport and it allowed me to book it. Now when I do that search that hotel doesn't show up, since it's not part of the collection. I think it was a glitch in their matrix bc when you search (using the link) the FIne Hotels and Hotel Collection search boxes are automatically checked. But as a first timer/rookie I assumed it was since it was allowing me to book it. Never got the $200 credit bc it's not part of the collection (obviously it doesn't compare to the 3 Houston properties that are in). Amex agent said I should have checked that those boxes were checked.

Last edited by bluedog44; Nov 9, 2021 at 9:46 am Reason: adding
Old Nov 9, 2021, 9:54 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by bluedog44
I went through the link when they first announced the $200 credit (Sep 14, 2021). It took me to Fine Hotels site and I searched for the Houston Marriott Airport and it allowed me to book it. Now when I do that search that hotel doesn't show up, since it's not part of the collection. I think it was a glitch in their matrix bc when you search (using the link) the FIne Hotels and Hotel Collection search boxes are automatically checked. But as a first timer/rookie I assumed it was since it was allowing me to book it. Never got the $200 credit bc it's not part of the collection (obviously it doesn't compare to the 3 Houston properties that are in). Amex agent said I should have checked that those boxes were checked.
I can see how easy it was to make that mistake. I'm new to booking FHR; of course I want to get the rebate. When I search, I get a lengthy list of hotels of which only 1 or 2 might be FHR. There is a box on the left that I have learned to check that limits it to FHR. I've been a very slow learner in figuring out how to use the FHR site and have found it frustrating.
chrisny2, bluedog44 and akr1970akr like this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I booked a hotel with my plat card to get the $200 credit. I booked a rate that can be cancelled up to the day before check-in. If I cancel this booking will the credit be clawed back and if so will i be able to reuse the credit?
Old Nov 9, 2021, 12:56 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by N104UA
I booked a hotel with my plat card to get the $200 credit. I booked a rate that can be cancelled up to the day before check-in. If I cancel this booking will the credit be clawed back and if so will i be able to reuse the credit?
Yes (see earlier in this thread for real world examples).
Old Nov 11, 2021, 7:44 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
if i book the hotel where the rate is cancelable but the deadline has already passed will the hotel be reimbursed or will it still be considered refundable even tho the deadline has passed by time of booking.
if i prepay and book online can i get the loyalty credit is the rate the same if i book it with an eligible rate for the loyalty program?

Originally Posted by N104UA

Last edited by frank_10b; Nov 11, 2021 at 8:28 am
Old Nov 16, 2021, 9:31 pm

How long does it take to receive platinum card hotel credit

My platinum card is charged on 11/6, and the charge is shown as "AMEXTRAVEL.COM 800-297-2977 WA". It is for early December hotel reservation. But I haven't received $200 credit as of today 11/16.
I suspect that the process I booked it is nor right. Because I saw the charge in following website shown as "AMEX FINE HOTELS RES". But I did select "FINE HOTEL + RESORE" checkbox when I searched and booked it.
https://thepointsguy.com/guide/amex-...-hotel-credit/

For you guys who receive the credit, does the charge show as AMEXTRAVEL.COM or AMEX FINE HOTLES RES? And how long does it take to receive the credit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.