Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion card (USA) refresh. Some benefits removed/added. $5k annual fee.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion card (USA) refresh. Some benefits removed/added. $5k annual fee.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2021, 12:36 pm
BLV

Got the ridiculously designed, impossible to navigate crap last week. Went straight into trash, like most of the Cent stuff lately.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 9:23 am

Programs: Amex Cent, DE Plat, UA1K, Globalist, etc.
100% agree…

Originally Posted by tangfish
I don’t mind them investing in making the standard/classic physical card better. The two art variations aren’t appealing to me though.

As a business centurion card holder, I am disappointed each time they do some lifestyle thing with the benefits rather than something truly useful for a businessperson.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 12:07 pm

Programs: CO Plat (UA 1K), DL Plat, AXP Cent, FS By Invitatn
Agreed about the weistband

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Yeah, the wristband thing is too much. I posted about it in the German Centurion forum earlier in the year...what a joke.
I dont care it’s from Prada - why would I want another device with my payment info on it? One more thing to keep track of.

It is also super clunky and fairly conspicuous (I’d hate for someone to ask me what kind of credit card I have)

If I’m missing something please let me know.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Latkesanddimsum
The last thing I want is another device with my credit card information on it - just another thing to lose. I don’t care if it’s from Prada. I also think it’s really clunky looking. Also, do I need to conspicuously show everyone I have such a card?

If I’m missing something I would love your opinion.
I have the same viewpoint. Maybe the only thing you're missing is that not everyone thinks like us--some people DO want to conspicuously show off "stuff" and it seems like this is targeted at them.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 8:59 pm

Programs: CO Plat (UA 1K), DL Plat, AXP Cent, FS By Invitatn
Originally Posted by janwillem
Actually no. I registered when it went live last May. All my 6 requests where honoured for concerts/events in several countries in Europe including Yo Yo Ma and Alicia Keys. I got an email a few weeks ago basically saying that registration is still open and there is still availability for several things on the list (as of a few weeks ago).
ooh, congratulations on attending! How were the concerts and events? Were they crowded or intimate? Was it worth flying into town to attend?
Old Aug 8, 2021, 1:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Latkesanddimsum
ooh, congratulations on attending! How were the concerts and events? Were they crowded or intimate? Was it worth flying into town to attend?
The events I registered for have not taken place yet. I think the first one on my list is coming October through to June 2022 for the final ones.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 8:51 am

The events I registered for have not taken place yet. I think the first one on my list is coming October through to June 2022 for the final ones.
Are some of these the same dates as those in the current publication with dates from Oct 21 to Oct 22? Just wondering because it says these are only available to reserve starting September 1st.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by SusanDK
Are some of these the same dates as those in the current publication with dates from Oct 21 to Oct 22? Just wondering because it says these are only available to reserve starting September 1st.
Not sure which publication you are referring to but registration here in continental Europe opened early May when they rolled out the 'new' Centurion with the new designs, wearable and Centurion Living. The events indeed run from October 21 into 22 and are open to Centurion members worldwide.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 6:14 pm

Not sure which publication you are referring to but registration here in continental Europe opened early May when they rolled out the 'new' Centurion with the new designs, wearable and Centurion Living. The events indeed run from October 21 into 22 and are open to Centurion members worldwide.
Thanks. I was referring to the latest Centurion set of books that U.S. members received last week. It's odd that the events cannot be booked by U.S. members until September 1st given that reservations are already being taken elsewhere. It would make sense if the booking system was being opened up at once to all, but why delay it for U.S. members if others have been able to reserve the same events for months now.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I guess I am behind in my mail (always traveling), but what links to events are you referring to? Is this on centurion.com?
Old Aug 9, 2021, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
I guess I am behind in my mail (always traveling), but what links to events are you referring to? Is this on centurion.com?
They were featured in the new black books discussed upthread, but you can see them here: https://www.americanexpress.com/en-u...nturion/living
mia likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by SusanDK
They were featured in the new black books discussed upthread, but you can see them here: https://www.americanexpress.com/en-u...nturion/living
Thanks. I'm about a week away from catching up to the black book shipment and whatever else Amex has shipped over the last month.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 10:15 pm

Programs: American Express Centurion
New Centurion Art Card

Just received an invitation from Centurion to chose between the 2 art cards! Which one is your favorite or would you stick to classic black?

https://www.americanexpress.com/en-u...d#classicBlack

Last edited by mia; Aug 10, 2021 at 7:32 am Reason: Discussion of the new card designs and promotional books begins at post 643.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I'm sticking with the classic black. I like the idea of art cards, but both of these designs fail to inspire any emotion in me beyond "meh".
BLV and WasKnown like this.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 11:26 am

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Also debating the art card choice - I like the 'ol original classic card which isn't an option. If I had to pick one, I'd pick the flora one but even then I'm not crazy about it. Came here to see if anyone had any insight that might sway me.

I was at the SFO lounge, and they brought over a book about the "new centurion" that had sample cards with the new art design. Neither really blew me away, I think it's just a feeling of obligation that any morsels they offer us, we should take to chip away at that $10k a year in AF for two cards that I'm paying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.