Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Platinum WeWork benefit to 12.31.2020.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Finally got my keycard in the LA Area today - could definitely see myself using the benefit more. Parking will be an interesting challenge in some places. I forgot to ask when I visited the One Culver one as I was on foot.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 1:11 pm

For some properties, be aware that your keycard may not work for the internal doors within the space after 6pm.
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 10:13 pm

Has anyone tried signing up with a different name than what's on the credit card?
When you pick up the wework access card, do they ask you to show your amex card?
Old Oct 27, 2019, 10:14 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by 16guitar
Has anyone tried signing up with a different name than what's on the credit card?
When you pick up the wework access card, do they ask you to show your amex card?
Welcome to FlyerTalk 16guitar. Why would you want to do that?
Old Oct 27, 2019, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
Welcome to FlyerTalk 16guitar. Why would you want to do that?
Thank you golfmad for the welcome.

I know 2 people.
One has the biz platinum card and does not need a wework membership.
The other person wants a wework membership but does not have the amex card.

If the person without the amex card signed up for the amex/wework membership under his own name (using his friend's amex card), I was wondering what would happen when he went to pickup the wework access card.

fyi, I have the plat card and signed up for a WW membership back in February, I don't remember if I had to show my platinum card. I was wondering if anyone else has tried this.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 11:06 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by 16guitar
Thank you golfmad for the welcome.

I know 2 people.
One has the biz platinum card and does not need a wework membership.
The other person wants a wework membership but does not have the amex card.

If the person without the amex card signed up for the amex/wework membership under his own name (using his friend's amex card), I was wondering what would happen when he went to pickup the wework access card.

fyi, I have the plat card and signed up for a WW membership back in February, I don't remember if I had to show my platinum card. I was wondering if anyone else has tried this.
The terms and conditions state:

"Eligibility for this offer applies to the Basic Card Member of an American Express U.S. Business Platinum Card account."

What you are suggesting would be in breach of those terms. I would not recommend doing it.
16guitar likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 8:14 am
formerly Sleepy_Sentry

I've been using this benefit pretty frequently for the last few months, but lately have found it nearly impossible to find desk space in New York City even though there is plenty of space available at WeWork locations where I've taken the "last" desk.

Obviously WeWork has other hot desk users to consider, but I feel like they are unnecessarily cutting out Amex users. Specific issues:
  1. There's no way to cancel your reservation for the day-- if someone leaves at 2:00pm, there's no way to check out and open up your space to others
  2. "Full" locations usually have <50% desk spots occupied
  3. There's no penalty if you book a space and don't show up (see 2.)
  4. I feel like WeWork is just using this benefit to make its empty workspaces look busy
This is a very valuable benefit and I'm grateful for any free desk space I get. However, Amex should be doing more to police WeWork on this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 3:15 pm

American Express Business Platinum WeWork Benefit Replacement

The WeWork Benefit for the AMEX Business Platinum is going to be no longer available 12/31/2019, any ideas as to what will replace it? They claim it's a $2400 value.
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 5:16 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by nmock
.... any ideas as to what will replace it? ....
I would not anticipate an immediate replacement, but at some point another company will want to promote their product or service through American Express,

Please link to the source of the information that this benefit is ending next month.

Last edited by mia; Nov 3, 2019 at 6:05 pm
Old Nov 4, 2019, 1:57 am

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by mia
I would not anticipate an immediate replacement, but at some point another company will want to promote their product or service through American Express,

Please link to the source of the information that this benefit is ending next month.
It says so right on the Amex page (that is, the ability to sign up for the benefit ends next month):

https://www.wework.com/businessplatinum

I hope AmEx business comes up with SOMETHING to replace this as it really is the only reason I have the business card; I already have the personal card. The other benefits overlap with the personal card and/or are pretty weak (Gogo and Boingo for instance.) If it just expires and there’s nothing, I don’t see why I would keep this card after year 1.

I will definitely miss this benefit if it goes away completely...
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:05 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by synzero
It says so right on the Amex page
Enroll by 12/31/2019 to get this offer (a $2,700 value).*

*This offer is made available by WeWork and not by American Express. Platinum Global Access is a product of WeWork subject to WeWork’s terms and conditions, and is only available to the Basic Card Member of a Business Platinum Card account.
Thank you. Is the final enrollment date new, or has it been there all along, if you recall?
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by mia
Thank you. Is the final enrollment date new, or has it been there all along, if you recall?
I don’t know about always, but the December signup deadline was being advertised in August just before I got my card.
mia and fotoflyer88 like this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Not sure if I'm surprised or expected the WeWork benefit to not be extended past Dec. 31 after the failed IPO. Of course it was always advertised as only 1 year until Dec 31...
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ameri...de-assistance/

Curious if something else will replace it. My "year" at least runs until oct/nov 2020 or so
Old Nov 14, 2019, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Gold, Marriott Titanium
Very disappointed due to the loss of this benefit. If your work allows some remote work, it's a good way to work in peace without having to see colleagues at work nor the wife at home.
arguetaflyer likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by synzero
It says so right on the Amex page (that is, the ability to sign up for the benefit ends next month):

https://www.wework.com/businessplatinum

I hope AmEx business comes up with SOMETHING to replace this as it really is the only reason I have the business card; I already have the personal card. The other benefits overlap with the personal card and/or are pretty weak (Gogo and Boingo for instance.) If it just expires and there’s nothing, I don’t see why I would keep this card after year 1.

I will definitely miss this benefit if it goes away completely...
Gogo and Boingo are also disappearing.
No more Gogo or Boingo on Biz Plat - Jan 1, 2020

I guess Amex figures their core customers don't care about the value of the card since it's a business expense (they charge more for additional cardholders too). I know many people on FT like it for the 35% rebate on points, but that is a tough break-even versus the personal platinum in 2020. And with the PRG updated earning, maybe Amex is trying to save costs on that particular redemption path?

Last edited by Gig103; Nov 21, 2019 at 10:40 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.