Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Platinum WeWork benefit to 12.31.2020.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2020, 9:37 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by synzero
I got a survey about the WeWork benefit on October 29, the questions seemed to be geared towards Amex considering what sort of benefit they might add post-2020.
Got an email from WeWork today reminding me that the Amex partnership would be ending Dec 31, but a "special offer" from WeWork would be announced in the coming weeks...whatever that means. <shrug>
Old Dec 8, 2020, 1:52 pm

Same here. Contacted their executive team, this benefit is gone.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by johnmolanii
Same here. Contacted their executive team, this benefit is gone.
I'm going to miss this benefit. Honestly in the age of WFH, a coworking space membership is a great thing to have. I think in the post-vaccine period, there will be an influx of pseudo digital nomads that can take advantage of this.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 3:12 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I used it a few times when traveling. It was a great benefit. I might even - shock horror - pay for a membership!!
Old Dec 11, 2020, 3:57 pm

Received this notice in the mail stating benefits as they currently are would be ending at the end of the year. Wonder what they will offer next and if it will make sense to still keep this card. I was able to utilize this benefit several times this year, was pretty helpful! Any speculation / ideas what the "exclusive offer" will be?

Old Dec 14, 2020, 7:06 am

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
I used this benefit a LOT. Seriously, because it was unlimited I actually used it as my main workspace for months, until coronavirus pushed us to Korea to avoid the horrible mismanagement of the pandemic. Although it was limited to 9am - 6pm access that just meant you had to enter before 6pm - there are many WeWork locations that are open 24/7 (not all), and they don't go around to kick you out at 6pm. You can stay later, you just can't leave and come back in after 6pm. That suited me just fine, and it was an incredibly valuable benefit. I'm very grateful to all of you who used this benefit ZERO times because you're the ones who paid for my coworking space in 2019 and the first few months of 2020 .

One thing about this is that there was, at the time, no way to actually buy anything equivalent at the time, which is to say, a roaming hot desk membership. You had to buy a hot desk membership at a single location, and it cost something like $25 to "rent" a hot desk at any other location. For me, however, someone who was constantly moving back and forth between Los Angeles and other cities (New York, SF Bay Area, etc.), it would have been incredibly useful to be able to pay for a membership like this -- but there was at the time no way to buy a Global Access membership at any price except as part of a group deal.

I actually wrote in to my relationship manager (for some reason they assigned me one) that as of the expiration of this program, one really valuable perk of the Amex Business Platinum card would be if I could actually buy into Global Access at some price (hopefully discounted) as a consequence of my card membership. He said he'd forward the idea to corporate.

I recently got an email from Amex saying that because I'd used the benefit so much, I'd appreciate the fact that they are going to reveal some sort of alternate benefit starting soon. I suspect it will be something like this -- for Amex Plat card members the ability to buy a Global Access membership which is otherwise not available to the general public at any price. This alone would be worth the cost of my membership, given how useful it would be for me. Also, I love being able to just move from location to location and work at different places depending on where I'm located at that moment, or if I'm in a different part of the city I'm in and want a change of scene. In LA alone I used to go to a few different WeWork locations and in the Bay Area I frequently used locations in both the East Bay and SF, as well as down the peninsula, depending on my schedule. Would love to have that sort of flexibility when I come back to the States.
levilevi and milesforhire like this.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 3:32 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by synzero
I recently got an email from Amex saying that because I'd used the benefit so much, I'd appreciate the fact that they are going to reveal some sort of alternate benefit starting soon. I suspect it will be something like this -- for Amex Plat card members the ability to buy a Global Access membership which is otherwise not available to the general public at any price.
Global access is available for $299/mo (and is free to existing WeWork single location members till June).

One month free trial.

Hopefully Amex will have a discount and/or a limited number of free visits.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 2:17 pm

I agree with synzero, I loved the benefit, but didnt use it nearly as much it seems - I even used it to book conference rooms (paid) for clients to visit me, closer than my traditional office space for meetings, gave me a change of scenery now and then, change of pace, etc.

I got the Amex email saying something coming

And I got a WeWork email saying something coming and likely need a new app to book spaces, not the main wework app... so clearly something is coming... it was called "All Access" but that was it..
Old Dec 28, 2020, 2:31 pm

It sounds like we don't need to explicitly cancel this to avoid being billed month-to-month, does anyone have a different take? I'm curious about the offer for extension (unlikely to bite, but curious), so don't want to cancel explicitly if I don't have to.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Global access is available for $299/mo (and is free to existing WeWork single location members till June).

One month free trial.

Not interested in their "discount" so much, since it won't be worth it really imo.
Limited number of free visits per month would be best. 5 sessions a month Global Pass.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by johnmolanii
Not interested in their "discount" so much, since it won't be worth it really imo.
Limited number of free visits per month would be best. 5 sessions a month Global Pass.
I’d be fine with something like that vs total removal.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer

One month free trial.

Your prediction looks spot-on.

https://www.wework.com/workspace/on-...m=partner_mktg

I see an Amex Offer for 25% off this membership.
NYC Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 5:54 am

cant see the 25% off offer

Hi

I cant see the 25% off when i click that link? Do i need to be logged in somewhere?

thx
Old Jan 6, 2021, 7:34 am

it functions as a credit back to your card statement after the charge.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 8:58 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
This credit is not unique to Business Platinum. I see the same Offer on the free Blue Business Plus card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.