Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Platinum WeWork benefit to 12.31.2020.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2020, 2:25 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by onesweetworld
My AF is due this week and I most use the card for WeWork but that expires in 6 months. Any one know if I close the card, will they shut my wework access?
Originally Posted by synzero
I believe the answer is yes.
My experience has been the opposite. I cancelled my business card quite some time ago but my WeWork account is still showing valid until end December 2020.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 2:59 am

Likelihood of this benefit sticking around for next year?
Old Sep 28, 2020, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by juncakes
Likelihood of this benefit sticking around for next year?
I'd ask this question as... likelihood of Wework being solvent next year?

My magic 8 ball says... don't count on it.
hhdl likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Ali380
Is there any information on the membership being extended past Dec due to covid?
Last week I called WeWork and spoke to some sort of manager in Global Sales about freezing/extending these Global Access plans. He seemed to empathize a bit and promised to call back or refer me, but no call came. I just called again and got zero help from a sales representative, aside from an email suggesting I call Member Service. Anyone have any ideas on what to do? Two of us here have not gotten to take advantage of this benefit since April due to COVID-19 (we are in a hard-hit state). I feel that, like many other companies, WeWork should have allowed us to freeze our plans and use them after COVID allows us to.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 11:54 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Do we need to cancel the membership before the end of the year as not to get billed or will it auto cancel?
Old Nov 6, 2020, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by jason8612
Do we need to cancel the membership before the end of the year as not to get billed or will it auto cancel?
I have this same question, i keep getting emails from them every month, one for an invoice of $0 after AMEX credit and a 2nd email asking me to update my payment info (which they should already have on file since i had to present my AMEX to signup for it).

Anyone have any idea if they will auto-bill the AMEX after the membership promo is over or will it cancel automatically?
Old Nov 17, 2020, 3:00 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
Today I got a survey about this feature from wework. Anyone else?
Old Nov 17, 2020, 3:07 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by kpott
Today I got a survey about this feature from wework. Anyone else?
I did.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by jason8612
I have the same question. ever hear back from anyone?
Old Dec 1, 2020, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by mcco
I have the same question. ever hear back from anyone?
Nope, haven't heard back from anyone.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 12:27 pm

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
I got a survey about the WeWork benefit on October 29, the questions seemed to be geared towards Amex considering what sort of benefit they might add post-2020.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 8:32 am
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
I poked around the website and couldn't figure out how to cancel the WeWork membership, since I don't want to be responsible for charges after December 31. The website does have a link to the supposed account agreement, which states:

TERMINATION 19. Membership termination. Your Membership shall terminate at the conclusion of the Term. You may terminate your Membership any time prior to such date by providing us with at least one (1) full calendar months’ notice prior to the month in which you intend to terminate your Membership (“Termination Effective Month”) and the termination will be effective on the last Regular Business Day of the Termination Effective Month. If you fail to comply with the provisions of this Agreement we may, in our sole discretion, restrict your access to the Services and/or terminate your Membership with immediate effect and without prior notice to you. We do not provide refunds upon termination or cancellation of your Membership. You will remain liable for past due amounts, and we may exercise our rights to collect due payment, despite termination or expiration of your Membership. We may also terminate your Membership and associated Accounts if we discontinue the program by providing you with thirty (30) days’ prior notice. The Platinum Global Access membership may be canceled if your American Express Card Account is canceled for any reason.
It seems from the bolded part above that the membership will automatically terminate on December 31. Don't know if I want to take a chance on that actually happening, though.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 9:17 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by nnn
I poked around the website and couldn't figure out how to cancel the WeWork membership, since I don't want to be responsible for charges after December 31. The website does have a link to the supposed account agreement, which states:

It seems from the bolded part above that the membership will automatically terminate on December 31. Don't know if I want to take a chance on that actually happening, though.
Indeed, mine ended automatically at the end of 2019.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 10:16 am
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by Travelomania
Indeed, mine ended automatically at the end of 2019.
Thanks. I ended up submitting a note through the website asking them to cancel my membership, and they responded within minutes that they did so. I ended up using the Amex benefit exactly 0 times.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by nnn
Thanks. I ended up submitting a note through the website asking them to cancel my membership, and they responded within minutes that they did so. I ended up using the Amex benefit exactly 0 times.
Actually, I did the same thing a few minutes ago and also got the same response that it will auto cancel on Dec 31,2020. And same, I used it 0 times.
nnn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.