Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Platinum WeWork benefit to 12.31.2020.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2021, 1:43 am

Ah. thanks for clarifying. I had given up my Business Platinum last year so cant take advantage of this offer. shame! Hopefully, wework sends an offer as they said. Dont know why they are waiting!
Old Jan 11, 2021, 7:31 am

I have used the benefit quite a bit, especially when travelling. It was nice to pop in, grab a coffee (sometimes snacks) and get some misc work done. I received an email that my membership is expiring and would receive a promo renewal since I used the membership frequently.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 9:12 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
So, apparently the latest offer is a 25% statement credit for ony 5-6 months (first month of all access plan is free, credit ends 6/30)...seems like a waste of time.

Why not just provide a code for up to one year at 25% off for Amex cardholders. I'm sure WeWork can use the revenue and the uptake would probably be a lot better.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 4:15 pm

I cancelled WeWork last month, got this email from WeWork today offering a one-month free trial of the All Access for previous WeWork Platinum Global Access members and special member pricing of $275/mo (regular priced $299).
Old Jan 12, 2021, 4:26 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
....25% statement credit for only 5-6 months....

Why not just provide a code for up to one year at 25% .....
I think that if WeWork wanted to offer a full year's discount they would have done so.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 7:59 am

Got the WeWork $275 offer email as well.. so I assume the 25% is off that price (as thats what would hit the card) - meaning is $206.25 vs $299 list price... at least for 6 months.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by mia
I think that if WeWork wanted to offer a full year's discount they would have done so.
That's certainly a fact. I'm questioning their foresight, not their corporate sovereignty.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 12:20 pm
mia

....I'm questioning their foresight.....
It's typical Corporate Optimism, hope masquerading as a forecast.. It's easier to extend an offer, or to follow it with a smaller discount, than to change the terms of an offer if business improves in the second half of the year.
NYC Flyer and Centurion like this.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by levilevi
Got the WeWork $275 offer email as well.. so I assume the 25% is off that price (as thats what would hit the card) - meaning is $206.25 vs $299 list price... at least for 6 months.
Got the same offer, need to really consider if it is worth it. If it was 25% off the year maybe. Offer expires end of this year which gives enough time to decide.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by mia
It's typical Corporate Optimism, hope masquerading as a forecast.. It's easier to extend an offer, or to follow it with a smaller discount, than to change the terms of an offer if business improves in the second half of the year.
Originally Posted by Ali380
Got the same offer, need to really consider if it is worth it. If it was 25% off the year maybe. Offer expires end of this year which gives enough time to decide.
Were it initially offered for a longer period (or structured as a direct offer guaranteeing a discount), it might have bolstered retention/enrollment for the Business Platinum Card (speaking both broadly and personally, but as I'm not getting a new card just for 5-6 months of WeWork discounts. At least 25% off the going rate for at least 12-24 months would have made me think harder about it, especially since I am unlikely to step foot in one of these locations until summer, at least.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 4:02 pm
mia

....I'm not getting a new card just for 5-6 months of WeWork discounts....
It's not a Business Platinum offer. It is also available on the free Blue Business Plus.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by mia
It's not a Business Platinum offer. It is also available on the free Blue Business Plus.
Totally get that, but what amounts to 5 months of 25% statement credits is not going to get me to open a new card of any kind, regardless of AF. With respect to the Business Platinum Card specifically, I suppose I'm suggesting there might have been a business case for a "softer landing" following the sunset of the 1-year perk than has materialized that could continue to drive enrollment/retention.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 6:17 pm

especially since I am unlikely to step foot in one of these locations until summer, at least.
I am in the same position. The question is if I should start in the summer when I will be using it more and get the free month, or start now and get the 25% back for ~5 months which is roughly $340 savings plus the free month. I would only be using it a few times a month at this time.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 10:08 am

Does anyone have the 1 month free then $275 per month sign-up link? I did a Google search and only see the $299 price
Old Jun 16, 2021, 7:23 am

I'm curious as well how to get the $275/month offer or how that email was generated. Did you sign up somewhere to receive it? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.