Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Platinum WeWork benefit to 12.31.2020.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:34 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Some locations have the black wework card function as the building access card. I'm referring to a situation where this is not the case. The Wework card will not work for the elevators, only a white building card specific to that building will. I've double checked with multiple people - no building access card - only the black wework card is given out for AMEX Global Access. The common floor space on the other two floors are apparently 'not' common - only for those with private offices on those floors. Whether that's true, I have no idea.
Sounds legit. In most locations I work out of (including my two primary locations - I also have a real WeWork physical office) we have a black keycard and they work on all doors.

I did once work out of a location where it worked in MOST spots but there was one floor (where they kept the Cold Brew) that I was told my keycard would not work. I never saw the color card the people had that worked there full time, but this white card thing is plausible...
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by MilesTalk
Sounds legit. In most locations I work out of (including my two primary locations - I also have a real WeWork physical office) we have a black keycard and they work on all doors.

I did once work out of a location where it worked in MOST spots but there was one floor (where they kept the Cold Brew) that I was told my keycard would not work. I never saw the color card the people had that worked there full time, but this white card thing is plausible...
Oh yeah I think we're talking about the same thing then. On all 'public' floors (where you can book a private room on your app), your keycard will work. My primary wework has rooms on all three floors (Room 17A, 17B, 18A, 19A, etc.). My gripe is that while I can get into the Wework offices on floor 17 with my black keyword, it's the floor itself that I can't reach (and that you need a white building card for - and my primary building requires a keycard for all floors). That means that if someone else was also going to 17 in that elevator, I could get onto that floor.
Now, my other location only has public workspaces on 16. Their other floors (14, 15, etc.) I guess are all private offices and while the elevators are public with no keycard required in the daytime, I cannot access the wework offices other than on floor 16.
MilesTalk likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:19 pm

Any recent experiences or tips to share? Also, can someone confirm that the no guest limitation for AmEx benefit holders is actually enforced in practice?

Trying to decide whether to activate mine 7/1 or 8/1.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by mster
Any recent experiences or tips to share? Also, can someone confirm that the no guest limitation for AmEx benefit holders is actually enforced in practice?

Trying to decide whether to activate mine 7/1 or 8/1.
Ir will depend on location/country. Some locations are super strict. It also depend on who`s in the front office.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 3:39 pm

a lot of places have a sign outside telling you to come inside and visit; so anyone can go in if so
Old Jul 6, 2019, 1:00 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Has anyone successfully used this benefit at a WeWork location outside the US yet?
mster likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by Dambus
Has anyone successfully used this benefit at a WeWork location outside the US yet?
yes.
Dambus likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Dambus
did like 20+ times in HK multiple location
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:20 am

Can anyone who's enrolled share what the full enrollment process is like from the initial enrollment form submission ( https://www.wework.com/businessplatinum ) to actually being able to book an "amex" hotdesk spot?

Also, does it still take 2-3 biz days to receive the 2nd enrollment email after the initial enrollment form submission?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:26 pm

i was fully enrolled within 2 business days. then first location i went to had to get an access card.
I got enrollment email within 12 hours or less.
mster likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:20 am

Just enrolled on the AmEx Plat / WeWork splash page and it took ~1 hour to receive the second enrollment email (not 2-3 business days) ^
levilevi likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by troyhouse
Regarding WeWork, can i give access to the work space to a friend or family member, or will they check for the card everyday?
I too would appreciate some insight if there's someone with enough experience.
i.e. Would my employee(s) be able to use this benefit if needed, when it's in my name ?
or
Should the employee's name be on the enrollment form ?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Travelomania
I too would appreciate some insight if there's someone with enough experience.
i.e. Would my employee(s) be able to use this benefit if needed, when it's in my name ?
or
Should the employee's name be on the enrollment form ?

It depends on location. In a big WEWORK, you can just beep in and no one will look at it. Each WEWORK is different. You can't possible find one answer that fits all. I just Mod put a list up based on location like they do with hotels.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
You're not actually getting $4,560 in value. The membership is hobbled - you don't get meeting room credits, get guests - which is whatever. However, you also don't even get a building access card. So if your Wework is three floors (like mine is), then you're stuck to one. You can't go to a location at 8am or 630pm, or anytime on weekends. I'm not sure if the other floors have more comfortable workspaces, but the main floor at my location only has chairs with hard wooden backs, and shared long tables. Honestly, not better than the study halls in college (although my school had good architecture and many new buildings). No way in hell would I pay $400 or even $100 for such a limited membership. A dedicated desk or private office, maybe. But I'm honestly shocked anyone spends that much on a hotdesk when there are so many other options in any major city. There probably isn't, which is why WeWork is bleeding a crap ton of money.

Edit: Oh, you're also not guaranteed a space if all the 'amex' spots are booked, as opposed to a hotdesk membership which guarantees space at your home location.
Would you mind sharing the city where you've experienced the booked Amex hot desk spots? I'm considering getting the Platinum card for WeWork access, but suspect I may have this same problem in certain location in LA / Santa Monica where hot desks are routinely shown as unavailable (not just for Platinum members...). Thanks!
Old Sep 5, 2019, 8:22 am

I've experienced only 1 instance of a space/hotdesk not available.. in in DC area, and this was one of the smaller DC locations on a busy day I guess. I showed up anyway and the front desk person gladly let me use space.
wawahoagiefest likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.