Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$50 statement credit for purchases made at Saks. Enrollment required prior to purchase.
  • This benefit is available twice a year, once from Jan-Jun and once again from Jul-Dec.
  • Use it or lose it, does not rollover or accumulate. There is no "meter" to track how much you've spent. Check your statement for credits.
  • Per AMEX CS chat the transaction date is what determines whether a purchase is reimbursed from the Jan-Jun benefit or the Jul-Dec benefit.
  • Actual experience from 2019: first-half purchase submitted only 6/27, shipped 6/29, went from pending to posted on 7/1 (but dated as 6/29), credit posted on 7/1, was able to use second $50 credit a week or two later
  • Purchases by Additional Card Members (both the $175 Plat-colored and free Gold-colored) will be reimbursed also, but only up to an aggregate $50 per Account.
CAUTION: A note about Saks online shipping (particularly if ordering very close to the end of June or end of December):
Online orders do not charge until shipped. Many items are carried in-stock by Saks and eligible for ShopRunner shipping - data points suggest that these will charge and ship quickly.
However, many other items on Saks(dot)com drop ship from the manufacturer. For these, expected delivery dates may not be reliable, are not guaranteed, and orders cannot be cancelled easily.
If you place an online order close to the end of an Amex credit period, there is a risk that your item may not ship (and Amex will not be charged) until after the end of the credit period.

Note on shipping & billing times: If a product shows that ShopRunner shipping is available, it is shipped by Saks and is likely to ship and bill quickly. If there's no ShopRunner option, it is likely drop-shipped from the manufacturer meaning the shipping date and actual charge date will be further out.

Things known to count for the credit:
  • Merchandise purchased in Saks stores or online
  • Physical gift cards purchased in-store
  • Physical gift cards purchased online (min $150)
Things that do not get reimbursed:
  • e-gift cards (these are fulfilled by a different vendor)
  • anything bought at "Saks Off 5th" (however, you can use a Saks gift card at Off 5th...)
Print Wikipost

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by roberta_h
^ same for me on my MB plat -- saks charge posted 7/6 and credit on 7/9
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Saks charge posted on the Ameriprise Plat on 6 July; credit posted on 9 July.
Online or in store? Gift card or purchase? Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Gig103
Online purchase for me. (Not a gift card.)
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by blaz
I don't know how a $1000 shirt can ever be a good buy: https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/Men/...o?Ne=399545537
I'm sure Zuck's got a few rolled in a drawer somewhere- ya know, for formal nights

Last edited by kennycrudup; Jul 11, 2018 at 11:54 am
Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:24 am

Programs: DL PM
online and a purchase (not a gift card)
Old Jul 14, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone tried purchasing giftcards in store yet?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by SP03
I have seen one report of someone purchasing a giftcard in store and it was reported as being reimbursed.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by SP03
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I have seen one report of someone purchasing a giftcard in store and it was reported as being reimbursed.
Aren't literally all charges (non Saks charges) getting the credit? Or did they fix that? Still wondering if they are going to claw back the $50 credit...
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:06 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by lax01
Aren't literally all charges (non Saks charges) getting the credit? Or did they fix that? Still wondering if they are going to claw back the $50 credit...
My $59.99 order with B&H Photo on July 3 was not given a "Saks" credit. They probably fixed it.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:09 pm

Anyone know when will opening bonus post? I saw the mr pending from my last statement but not the 60k opening bonus, and I already meet the minimum spending requirement in the last statement.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by st0ne
Anyone know when will opening bonus post? I saw the mr pending from my last statement but not the 60k opening bonus, and I already meet the minimum spending requirement in the last statement.
If this is your first MR earning Amex card, it takes 2-3 full statements for your signup bonus to post.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 8:19 pm

My $59.99 order with B&H Photo on July 3 was not given a "Saks" credit. They probably fixed it.
My monthly statement closed and I still have the $50 credit for non-Saks purchases...guess they won't be fixing it
Old Jul 27, 2018, 5:46 pm

Only the Basic Card Member or Authorized Account Manager(s) on a U.S. Consumer Platinum CardŽAccount can enroll in the benefit. Eligible purchases must be charged to the enrolled Card Account for the benefit to apply. Purchases by both the enrolled Basic Card Member and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is only eligible for up to a $50 statement credit from January through June and up to a $50 statement credit from July through December for a total of $100 per calendar year in statement credits across all Cards on the Account. Valid at Saks Fifth Avenue online or at locations in the US and US Territories. Not valid on Saks Fifth Avenue Gift Cards or purchases at outlet locations (in stores and online). Excludes purchases at restaurants located within the store and Online Bill Pay for Saks Credit. Not valid on online purchases shipped outside of the US. Please allow 2-4 weeks after an eligible purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. Please call the number on the back of the Card if statement credits have not posted after 4 weeks from the date of purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your eligible purchase from merchant until all items from your eligible purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if the eligible purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as eligible for the benefit, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not be eligible if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. To be eligible for this benefit, Card Account(s) must be not canceled and not past due at the time of statement credits fulfillment. If a charge for an eligible purchase is included in a Pay Over Time feature balance on your Card Account, the statement credit associated with that charge may not be applied to that Pay Over Time feature balance. Instead, the statement credit may be applied to your Pay In Full balance. For additional information, call the number on the back of your Card.
Just want to ensure I'm understanding the Saks $50 benefit correctly. I'm reading this to mean that I can only get $100 a year (2 x $50) across my entire Amex account (which is me + 3 additional cards). In other words, I can't get $50 reimbursed against each card. Correct?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 5:48 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Correct. $100/yr/account, not per card.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by mia
Correct. $100/yr/account, not per card.
Unless you have 2 separate versions of platinum card
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:06 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by slickvik

Unless you have 2 separate versions of platinum card
In which case you would have more than one Platinum account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.