Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$50 statement credit for purchases made at Saks. Enrollment required prior to purchase.
  • This benefit is available twice a year, once from Jan-Jun and once again from Jul-Dec.
  • Use it or lose it, does not rollover or accumulate. There is no "meter" to track how much you've spent. Check your statement for credits.
  • Per AMEX CS chat the transaction date is what determines whether a purchase is reimbursed from the Jan-Jun benefit or the Jul-Dec benefit.
  • Actual experience from 2019: first-half purchase submitted only 6/27, shipped 6/29, went from pending to posted on 7/1 (but dated as 6/29), credit posted on 7/1, was able to use second $50 credit a week or two later
  • Purchases by Additional Card Members (both the $175 Plat-colored and free Gold-colored) will be reimbursed also, but only up to an aggregate $50 per Account.
CAUTION: A note about Saks online shipping (particularly if ordering very close to the end of June or end of December):
Online orders do not charge until shipped. Many items are carried in-stock by Saks and eligible for ShopRunner shipping - data points suggest that these will charge and ship quickly.
However, many other items on Saks(dot)com drop ship from the manufacturer. For these, expected delivery dates may not be reliable, are not guaranteed, and orders cannot be cancelled easily.
If you place an online order close to the end of an Amex credit period, there is a risk that your item may not ship (and Amex will not be charged) until after the end of the credit period.

Note on shipping & billing times: If a product shows that ShopRunner shipping is available, it is shipped by Saks and is likely to ship and bill quickly. If there's no ShopRunner option, it is likely drop-shipped from the manufacturer meaning the shipping date and actual charge date will be further out.

Things known to count for the credit:
  • Merchandise purchased in Saks stores or online
  • Physical gift cards purchased in-store
  • Physical gift cards purchased online (min $150)
Things that do not get reimbursed:
  • e-gift cards (these are fulfilled by a different vendor)
  • anything bought at "Saks Off 5th" (however, you can use a Saks gift card at Off 5th...)
Print Wikipost

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I bought an Aesop product online and it arrived completely damaged, so they reimbursed me the full amount. The credit from amex stayed however.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Thought I start listing things to buy with $50 credit. I have 2 Plat cards.

Bought $50 Tumi umbrella. There are other umbrellas for ladies from Kate Spade which are $40.

https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/tumi...&bmUID=mn5FX4r
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
I bought an Aesop product online and it arrived completely damaged, so they reimbursed me the full amount. The credit from amex stayed however.
Aesop! great idea, I get the hand soap and this + shoprunner would work well for the credit
Old Sep 14, 2018, 1:24 pm

Does anyone know if u have to be a member for 6 months before the benefit kicks in or is it valid right away. Is it valid at off Saka 5th?
Old Sep 14, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Asaka21
Does anyone know if u have to be a member for 6 months before the benefit kicks in or is it valid right away. Is it valid at off Saka 5th?
valid right away. Only at saks. But you might be able to huy a gift card at saks and then use it at saks off 5th.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:25 pm

For those who purchased something before July and got reimbursed due to a glitch, did you try purchasing something again recently to see if you will get another credit, since pre-july glitch might have counted towards the first half of 2018?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
Also, don't forgot to go through a Portal site. American Airlines shopping portal includes 2 miles for each dollar spent.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by saint
Also, don't forgot to go through a Portal site. American Airlines shopping portal includes 2 miles for each dollar spent.
Very good advice. United shopping portal also offers 2 miles/$ at Saks.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 4:03 pm

Too late but in July it offered 15x AA miles + a bonus. I used my credit and my wife's and I got about 6,000 miles with the bonus.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
I registered for Saks, but where is this 10% department store rebate of which many speak?

Don't really shop at Saks, but I like fancy soaps and don't care to actually buy them for $6.99 each. Now they'll be free! How great is that?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:33 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by tmorse6570
....where is this 10% department store rebate of which many speak?...
It's a targeted offer. If you are eligible you will find it mixed in with all the other Amex Offers.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by tmorse6570
I registered for Saks, but where is this 10% department store rebate of which many speak?

Don't really shop at Saks, but I like fancy soaps and don't care to actually buy them for $6.99 each. Now they'll be free! How great is that?
Same here! Thats what I use and plan to keep using my credits for. Fancy soap
Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by saint
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
Thanks for that reminder. For quite some time Saks had disappeared from shopping portals.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
Looks like the United Portal is no use for this. The UA portal only links to https://www.saksoff5th.com which is the discount/outlet branch of Saks. The Amex offer small print says
"Not valid on Saks Fifth Avenue Gift Cards or purchases at outlet locations (in stores and online)"

Saks.com is the main store.

American Airlines portal seems to be the same problem.

Unless people can confirm success getting the $50 back when shopping at the outlet, https://www.saksoff5th.com ??
Old Sep 29, 2018, 2:25 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
ebates offers 2% cashback on saksfifthavenue.com purchases

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.