Last edit by: mia

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge JFK T-4 [Open 9 October 2020]

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2024, 4:01 pm

The showers were broken on 5 may and remained broken on 11 may. Shame
Old May 27, 2024, 11:01 pm

Programs: Delta PM, AMEX Plat (MR)
I went to the lounge on Saturday, May 18 in the morning - around 9:45am and it was pretty much empty. The breakfast was really limited and much worse than the Delta T4 lounge which I eventually went to before my flight took off at 11am.
Old May 28, 2024, 8:09 am

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
Hello, I'll be flying out of JFK on IB/T8 on an August Sunday night at 20:45. It's my first time in JFK.

Without any government issued fast tracking, how long should I expect it to take to get through security at T4 and and how long would it take to get back to T8 (landside - so have to go security again at T8?).

Assuming I can get a BP through OLCI and HBO, and can get into T4 before the 3 hours of my departure time, would the CL let me in earlier (assuming no queue) if I explain I'll have to leave earlier to get to T8?

Thank you!
Old May 29, 2024, 7:21 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The three hour rule does not apply to connecting passengers. You will need to show both your inbound and outbound boarding passes.
js1993 likes this.
Old May 29, 2024, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by mia
The three hour rule does not apply to connecting passengers. You will need to show both your inbound and outbound boarding passes.
Hi mia, sorry I wasn't clear. I'll be departing from origin JFK so can't benefit from the connecting rule. Thank you.
Old May 29, 2024, 10:30 am

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by mia
I always forget about this. Thanks for the reminder.
Old May 29, 2024, 11:25 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by csycsycsy
....can't benefit from the connecting rule.
I do not believe that the lounge attendant will make any exception to the three hour rule based on your personal circumstances, but no harm politely asking.

Last edited by mia; May 29, 2024 at 11:30 am
Old May 29, 2024, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I do not believe that the lounge attendant will make any exception to the three hour rule based on your personal circumstances, but no harm politely asking.
Thank you for mia.
Old May 30, 2024, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by csycsycsy
Hello, I'll be flying out of JFK on IB/T8 on an August Sunday night at 20:45. It's my first time in JFK.

Without any government issued fast tracking, how long should I expect it to take to get through security at T4 and and how long would it take to get back to T8 (landside - so have to go security again at T8?).

Assuming I can get a BP through OLCI and HBO, and can get into T4 before the 3 hours of my departure time, would the CL let me in earlier (assuming no queue) if I explain I'll have to leave earlier to get to T8?

Thank you!
If you are really OWS, as it says in your profile, and are departing on a Oneworld airline, would it not make more sense just to simply use the Greenwich lounge in T8, which is reputed to be better than the JFK CL anyway, and has no three hour limit?
Old May 30, 2024, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by saunders111
If you are really OWS, as it says in your profile, and are departing on a Oneworld airline, would it not make more sense just to simply use the Greenwich lounge in T8, which is reputed to be better than the JFK CL anyway, and has no three hour limit?
hi saunders111,

Yep, a lowly OWS and Greenwich's Tasting Room & Bridge Bar looks cool, but would like to check out the JFK CL too, if possible.
I would expect the OWE/Soho to rival the CL but not the "plebian" Greenwich though...
Old May 30, 2024, 8:18 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
The JFK Centurion is honestly not worth the hassle of doing 2x security (even with Precheck/Clear) and the AirTrain.

Greenwich is about on par with it, Centurion has marginally better drink offerings & a somewhat cool speakeasy room.
MW147 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.