Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum/Centurion access to LH lounges if flying LH/LX/OS .

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum/Centurion access to LH lounges if flying LH/LX/OS .

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2021, 9:56 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Reading earlier threads from 2018, sounds like it was possible to use an inbound Lufthansa boarding pass to access the Lufthansa lounge with the Amex Plat. Are there any recent experiences? My scenario - flying from Spain and arriving in either Frankfurt or Munich flying Lufthansa (LH operated flight, and UA codeshare / flight number), and then connecting to a United flight bound for USA), so will have two boarding passes: Lufthansa boarding pass (will have either a LH flight number or UA flight number) for the intra-Europe segment and a United boarding pass to USA. Would I be able to show my inbound Lufthansa boarding pass and Amex Plat to access? Looking at the Amex app, it says 'confirmed reservation for same-day departure on Lufthansa, SWISS, or Austrian Airlines' so that seems to be a no-go. Thanks in advance for any recent experiences.

Last edited by HankAAFlyer; Sep 11, 2021 at 10:02 am
Old Sep 17, 2021, 3:29 am

Does anyone know, if you have access to First Class Area in the Senator Lounge, Concourse B with Centurion?
Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:59 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by El_Oso
Does anyone know, if you have access to First Class Area in the Senator Lounge, Concourse B with Centurion?
I didn't ask, but seems a bit pointless as its simply 5 sofas fenced off. That said, I believe the F lounge at B gates is now open?
Old Sep 21, 2021, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by YClass
I didn't ask, but seems a bit pointless as its simply 5 sofas fenced off. That said, I believe the F lounge at B gates is now open?
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I think all First lounges are closed (Exception FCT) in Frankfurt. When I check their website. Then only MUC remains as a "first lounge" for Centurion.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 6:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by YClass
I didn't ask, but seems a bit pointless as its simply 5 sofas fenced off.
The 'fenced off' area has a personal PA taking care of the 5-6 pax that end up there. Also they have ala-carte service and get the same food options as in the FCT.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The 'fenced off' area has a personal PA taking care of the 5-6 pax that end up there. Also they have ala-carte service and get the same food options as in the FCT.
Ahhh good to know! Maybe worth asking about access then.

Have they closed all F lounges now at FRA? Thats annoying! Was choosing between MUC and FRA and chose the latter for F lounge and slightly shorter sectors..... maybe will have to change!
Old Sep 28, 2021, 3:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Hi All

Sorry rookie question - normally BA flyer but will fly LH a few times going forward due to the lousy network of BA into Germany.

I have seen a post on the German AMEX site that refers to lounge access only at FRA at B and MUC in the satellite. Using the AMEX lounge finder via

https://global.americanexpress.com/l...e&locale=en-US

I can see access to LH lounges at FRA at Terminal A as well (Schengen gates) + in MUC at G gates.

So I hope the latter is correct? I will have a connection LHR - FRA - LNZ with a wait of 3 hours time at FRA so not sure if I can spend that much time as MoshMosh

Danke & LG
Old Sep 28, 2021, 5:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Amex card holders can get into all LH lounges at the moment, LH is interested in the cash and has lowered her standards. They are using the co-operation with Loungebuddy which Amex aquired.

The FRA T1B and MUC T2S (K/L) restrictions date from the 2019 hey days when lounges were full. I'm sure restrictions will kick in again in the future, but for now you can enjoy any lounge you like.
mia and Duck1981 like this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 8:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Amex card holders can get into all LH lounges at the moment, LH is interested in the cash and has lowered her standards. They are using the co-operation with Loungebuddy which Amex aquired.

The FRA T1B and MUC T2S (K/L) restrictions date from the 2019 hey days when lounges were full. I'm sure restrictions will kick in again in the future, but for now you can enjoy any lounge you like.
Top! Danke
Old Oct 3, 2021, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was flying MUC-AMS yesterday and was looking forward to a visit to the First Class lounge a MUC T2 satellite. It was a surprise to me that T2 satellite was closed (not just the lounge but the whole thing). I then went to the T2 main terminal FC lounge and they indeed let me in with my Centurion card. No problem.
I am not a frequent user of those lounges having had only 2 prior visits to the satellite terminal lounge but must say that staff numbers and wine list are definitely on a lower level than before. Was still very pleasant though being only one of the few guests there. I do like the T2 satellite lounge much more in terms of space, light and layout.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 5:28 am

MUC FCL great as can do passport control in the lounge. Super easy and a nice place to relax. MUC generally a quieter airport so would route through there if timing makes sense.

FRA currently has no option (I believe FCL might open again in November?). No access to First Class area in the Senator lounge - they looked at me like I was crazy.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 6:26 am

Late to chime in here but last month I flew out of Munich via T1 and was really impressed with the quality of Airport Lounge World (Priority Pass). The food offerings were great and we lucked out in that we were there for breakfast and the changing over into lunch. As is typical with lounges outside of the US, beverages were all self-serve and generous. Staff on hand were super attentive and we had no complaints. This was a fairly spacious lounge (two dining areas and another seating area on the floor above) and it was only just beginning to fill up for our noon flight.
francophile likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 11:31 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Do lounge agents simply verify the plat card visually, or do they swipe it to confirm eligibility?
Old Nov 15, 2021, 6:42 am

bostonbali I suspect your question is concerning Platinum access to Lufthansa lounges and not towards my experience at Airport Lounge World (where I utilized my Priority Pass QR code to gain entry).

Details of Lufthansa Lounge Access can be found here. I have quoted the access requirements below..

To access the Lufthansa lounges, Platinum Card Member must present a government issued I.D., a same-day departure boarding pass showing
confirmed reservation on a Lufthansa Group flight (Lufthansa, SWISS and Austrian airlines) and a valid Platinum Card

but I cannot add any detail as to how they verify the "validity" of the card. I would imagine that even if only visually inspected, at a minimum, it would need to match the name on the ID/ticket and not be expired.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 10:11 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by bostonbali
Do lounge agents simply verify the plat card visually, or do they swipe it to confirm eligibility?
Swipe to confirm? If you're asking if you can just show an expired/non-valid card and game the system...nope. They swipe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.