Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum/Centurion access to LH lounges if flying LH/LX/OS .

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum/Centurion access to LH lounges if flying LH/LX/OS .

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2023, 12:21 pm

Lufthansa Senator lounges are open to AMEX Platinum card holders, and first-class lounges to Centurion card holders.

I was recently in Munich, and was amazed at how good the food was at the Lufthansa first-class lounge. It was outstanding.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by nyc2cal
Lufthansa Senator lounges are open to AMEX Platinum card holders, and first-class lounges to Centurion card holders.

I was recently in Munich, and was amazed at how good the food was at the Lufthansa first-class lounge. It was outstanding.
I thought Senator lounges are available to AMEX Plat only if flying business.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 6:14 pm

Programs: ba silver
Originally Posted by lukulius
I thought Senator lounges are available to AMEX Plat only if flying business.
My experience this year and from what the Amex website says is that Amex Platinum will get you Senator lounges if flying J on LH group flights and Business lounges when flying Y/PY on LH group operated flights.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 1:51 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by mia
It appears this changed in early 2022, because that's when I edited the thread title to remove mention of the specific airports.
Great! I’ll assume it’s then all F lounges
Old Nov 3, 2023, 4:03 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec
Does the access to LH Senator Lounge apply to US AMEX Platinum cardholders?
Old Nov 4, 2023, 2:42 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flyupfront
It's global.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 6:31 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by flyupfront
This is a published feature. Click here: https://global.americanexpress.com/c...ction/platinum scroll to paragraph (5).
Old Nov 10, 2023, 2:55 pm

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, EK Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Jumeirah Gold
Originally Posted by YClass
Great! I’ll assume it’s then all F lounges
So that includes the First Class Terminal at FRA?
Old Nov 11, 2023, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Emirates Gold, HH Diamond, Centurion (UK), Virgin Gold
Originally Posted by camille55
So that includes the First Class Terminal at FRA?
Nope
Old Nov 15, 2023, 8:50 pm

Hey, looking to fly through FRA next year but with Eurowings Discover (or whatever they're calling themselves now). I know the European Eurowings isn't included, but is the airline that's clearly just LH trying to run routes they traditionally would, just with lower labor under Eurowings Discover included?
Old Nov 15, 2023, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by lowfareair
Hey, looking to fly through FRA next year but with Eurowings Discover (or whatever they're calling themselves now). I know the European Eurowings isn't included, but is the airline that's clearly just LH trying to run routes they traditionally would, just with lower labor under Eurowings Discover included?
Nope. LH/LX/OS. Eurowings and Condor not included.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 3:53 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Has anyone tried to access the lounge via their Amex Platinum when flying Air Dolomiti? Brussels Airlines also seems like a strange omission.

EDIT: Reading further back in the thread, it looks like #148 has a positive data point for access on an EN flight.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 7:47 am

Access denied

I was just denied access to the Lufthansa senator lounge in Munich. I have a platinum card and was flying from Madrid to Malta through Munich. My trip was bought on Lufthansa’s own website and both my boarding cards are Lufthansa ones.

They denied every because the second leg of my journey is Air Malta which is only a “partner” airline. Even though I booked the flights through Lufthansa and had their boarding cards. I didn’t even know the flight was Air Malta until I got to Munich! I checked in the whole journey on the Lufthansa app.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 8:19 pm
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Just flew IAD-FRA-HEL roundtrip, all legs on LH metal but booked via the UA website. I was denied access to the Business Lounge in Frankfurt on both legs as I was told I had to have booked with LH for the benefit to apply....multiple agents said operating carrier and the original seller both had to be LH.

Given that I encountered different agents in different lounges, I would assume it is some unwritten policy that is being enforced rather than a one-off agent.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by Dachshund
Has anybody tried to guest a fellow passenger using Amex Centurion card in the F lounges? The official info I found is somewhat unclear. Just as haapalainen wrote above, there are no problems entering the F lounge at A gates with Amex Centurion, even though customer service at Amex Nordics seems to be unaware of the benefit when asking…
Guesting is allowed. I was quoted US$150. So I sent the kids to the lounge of their entitlement instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.