Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum/Centurion access to LH lounges if flying LH/LX/OS .

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum/Centurion access to LH lounges if flying LH/LX/OS .

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2021, 10:16 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Swipe to confirm? If you're asking if you can just show an expired/non-valid card and game the system...nope. They swipe.
Yes and no - I added my spouse as an additional cardmember (additional plat) to my account well over a week ago, however the new card wont arrive until after we depart for our trip. Did not realize it will take nearly 2 weeks to get a new card added on the account and sent out!
As a result, my spouse will not have a new Plat card in hand to use on this trip (the new card will be waiting at home for us when we return...) I thought about using an old (cancelled account), not-yet-expired Plat card my spouse had - but if they swipe, that won't work.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 10:43 am

bostonbali

Two things...

First, from the link I posted above, it notes that "Certain locations will allow guests for a fee." so if you're accompanying your spouse then this may not be an issue. I believe you can follow some of the links on that page to check on guest access policies at specific locations.

Second, if you need a maybe work-around, I would encourage your spouse to set up their amex login account. The card should appear in their account in-app and it is possible (although certainly not guaranteed) that Lufthansa may accept this digital version of the card in lieu of the physical card itself. You could politely suggest that your spouse was not comfortable carrying the card while traveling and bringing the digital card only was an honest mistake. I know this practice is accepted in Centurion Lounges but I can't guarantee success in Lufthansa Lounges but worth a shot as a last ditch effort.

Last edited by imnotalawyer; Nov 15, 2021 at 10:50 am
Old Feb 24, 2022, 3:39 am

Hi, does anyone have an update on opening hours and which lounges are open to Centurion customers in FRA?
Old Feb 24, 2022, 5:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
All SEN* and business lounges are open to Amex Plats travelling on LX/LH/OS. https://www.americanexpress.com/us/campaigns/lufthansa/

*SEN lounge access is granted if booked in Business.

Centurions can go into the above regardless of class of travel and use the FCLs (not FCT) in FRA & MUC
Boraxo and El_Oso like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:44 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by oliver2002
All SEN* and business lounges are open to Amex Plats travelling on LX/LH/OS. https://www.americanexpress.com/us/campaigns/lufthansa/

Centurions can go into the above regardless of class of travel and use the FCLs (not FCT) in FRA & MUC
Sorry for the follow-up question, but not all FCLs can be used in FRA & MUC, correct? In FRA it's only the FCL in Terminal 1, Area B - not the one in Area A. And as the B one is closed, there is currently no FCL available to Centurion Members in FRA AFAIK... Did I miss something?
Old May 1, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: OS SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by oliver2002

Random question, I just got the Amex Plat, and want to take advantage of this. On the Austrian version of the lounge search system, it doesn't show you can access the Lufthansa Lounges with the Amex card: https://global.americanexpress.com/l...A?locale=de-AT

On the US version though, it shows all of the lounges: https://global.americanexpress.com/l...A?locale=en-US

Do they actually scan your Amex Card? Do diff Amex Plat cards from diff regions mean something for the lounge access? Or is it just some weird inconsistency on their website?

Thanks for any info you (or anyone) could share.
Old May 1, 2022, 11:49 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MasterGberry
....Do diff Amex Plat cards from diff regions mean something for the lounge access? ....
Benefits vary by market. This one is for USA issued cards, and that's why you cannot find these lounges on the Austrian site. American Express could do a better job of making this clear, but look at the URL of the page where the benefit is documented:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/campaigns/lufthansa/
Boraxo likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: OS SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mia
Benefits vary by market. This one is for USA issued cards, and that's why you cannot find these lounges on the Austrian site. American Express could do a better job of making this clear, but look at the URL of the page where the benefit is documented:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/campaigns/lufthansa/
I found a similar post on the Germany website: https://www.americanexpress.com/de/v...a-lounges.html

I was just wondering how picky they are or if they actually check the card (e.g. scan/look it up) or if they just see you hold the card and say "ok boarding pass please" basically. Seems weird that they would have differences on the lounge acceptance in diff countries...but not impossible.
Old May 1, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
I found a similar post on the Germany website: https://www.americanexpress.com/de/v...a-lounges.html

I was just wondering how picky they are or if they actually check the card (e.g. scan/look it up) or if they just see you hold the card and say "ok boarding pass please" basically. Seems weird that they would have differences on the lounge acceptance in diff countries...but not impossible.
They didn't blink before at a uk issued card.
GUWonder, mia and MasterGberry like this.
Old May 1, 2022, 2:34 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I found a similar post on the Germany website....
If the airline is extending the benefit to cardholders from their home market, I think it probably does apply to all (or most) countries.
GUWonder and MasterGberry like this.
Old May 2, 2022, 10:56 am

F/furt welcome lounge & Plat business

Can I access the Lufthansa welcome lounge in Frankfurt with Amex business platinum. I will be on LH connecting flights with an 8 hour layover in PE?

TIA
Old May 2, 2022, 11:35 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The FRA Welcome lounge is meant as an arrival facility and not for transit. Amex doesn’t get you into the landside lounge.
Old May 5, 2022, 6:19 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Amex was advertising some ski-related benefits at a major Swedish ski resort to Swedish Platinum/Centurion account holders where the service would otherwise require a charge if not for the Amex Plat/Centurion benefit, and yet no one batted an eye when I used my US cards to get the same service. Same thing for some other benefits marketed in Sweden to Swedish cardholders but not to others. There may have been one airport-related benefit for a while that was marketed to Swedish Amex Plat/Centurion account holders that wouldn't have worked out for me on US cards, but I don't currently recall the details of how it went when trying to use those EspressoHouse take-out benefits at some Swedish airports if showing up with a US Plat/Centurion Amex instead of a Swedish Plat/Centurion. [I'm not even sure if that Plat/Centurion (and maybe even Gold?) benefit even exists anymore at those Swedish airports.]
MasterGberry likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
This is a great perk particularly for those who do not have *G lounge access.

For me maybe not as useful as Mrs. B & I have lifetime *G status and it's a rare occasion when I'm not flying LH biz class. But maybe incentive to get additional cards for my kids.
Old May 31, 2022, 7:50 am

If I bought a ticket from Singapore to Prague on Singapore airlines with a layover in Frankfurt and the flight from Prague to Frankfurt is operated by Lufthansa will I get access with my centurion card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.