Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum/Centurion access to LH lounges if flying LH/LX/OS .

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum/Centurion access to LH lounges if flying LH/LX/OS .

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2020, 4:03 am
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Ehm, lounges are closed, and there are significant travel restrictions into Germany. You up on all that? No word on when things go back to “normal”.
Really? Why?

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Your profile says you are United Platinum, so *A Gold, so you should have access based on that and are allowed one guest. Does your spouse or child have status, or is the child 2 years or younger?

I think you'd also have access to the Welcome Lounge (outside security) based on business class arrival tickets - https://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/lounge-types-and-access

But of course right now nothing is actually open :/
The other two are *A silver, so no lounge benefits for them. I forgot about the 1 guest for Gold, thank you! That should do the trick.

All this planning for a trip that might be totally different to non-existent by the time it comes around next year. I wonder how lounges and the overall experience will be now that LH was partially nationalized over the weekend... but that is a subject for a different thread.

CLG
Old May 26, 2020, 4:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by CLG
Really? Why?
Why what, why are they closed? Because there is a virus pandemic and gatherings are discouraged. But you knew that. Unless you are a citizen or resident, you currently couldn't get in anyway.

I wonder how lounges and the overall experience will be now that LH was partially nationalized over the weekend... but that is a subject for a different thread.
No, LH was not partially nationalised over the weekend or even today. The federal government is making a 20% investment (with the potential to acquire a blocking minority) to provide LH with financial resources of about EUR 9bn (which includes a loan from KfW). The intention is to be a silent short term commercial investor and to sell those shares as soon as is practicable. Whilst it is dilutive to other shareholders, it will probably turn out to be a good investment for the state.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old May 27, 2020, 1:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Lounges will open up again when the traffic resumes. Starting next week restaurants can open their indoor spaces again, so I would expect LH to open the lounges using those guidelines. If the deal with Amex stays (the current deal expires this July) is another matter. Amex may reduce such offerings because there are no takers.
Old May 27, 2020, 1:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Lounges will open up again when the traffic resumes. Starting next week restaurants can open their indoor spaces again, so I would expect LH to open the lounges using those guidelines. If the deal with Amex stays (the current deal expires this July) is another matter. Amex may reduce such offerings because there are no takers.
I'm not sure the deal will go away. Amex will be concerned about the perception that these perks have eroded or can't be properly used, and LH won't mind having some traffic to show off its top table.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 8:36 am

Has anyone gotten access to the one in Area A in Frankfurt their Amex card?
I ask this as the Concourse B one listed on the Amex site is closed, yet the Area A Senator lounge is now open (the only one). I wasn't sure if they were honouring access to the A one for now?
Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Wilg
Has anyone gotten access to the one in Area A in Frankfurt their Amex card?
I ask this as the Concourse B one listed on the Amex site is closed, yet the Area A Senator lounge is now open (the only one). I wasn't sure if they were honouring access to the A one for now?
All FCT/FCL are currently closed.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:28 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Wilg
....Area A Senator lounge is now open (the only one).
Originally Posted by LondonElite
All FCT/FCL are currently closed.
Help me with the jargon. What does "FCT/FCL" mean, and does this answer Wilg's question about the Senator Lounge?
Old Jun 12, 2020, 1:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
First Class Terminal / Lounge. Lufthansa has business, Senator and FC lounges. If you have a Plat or Cent Amex you should be able to enter the tempoary lounge setup.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 1:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mia
Help me with the jargon. What does "FCT/FCL" mean, and does this answer Wilg's question about the Senator Lounge?
Sorry, as oliver2002 posted, these are the First Class Terminal and First Class Lounges. Centurion gives access to the FCL in area B at FRA (not A, nor FCT), and the FCL of the satellite terminal at MUC. Platinum gives (paid) access to the Senator lounges, but I do not know if that is the case currently.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 1:37 pm

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Has this been extended?

As far as I know, the contract was to expire on July 31, 2020.

Any idea whether it is being extended past that date?
Old Jul 30, 2020, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
The German site extends to September
Robbiedeluxe likes this.
Old May 8, 2021, 9:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Sadly this seems to be dead or frozen. The website says up till April 30, 2021 and no new updates since
Old May 8, 2021, 4:53 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
I'm sure I read somewhere that this is now a permanent benefit.... good for flights connecting to London.
Old May 9, 2021, 1:18 am

Programs: AAexp, UA*G, HY LT Globalist, FB Plat, Centurion
Originally Posted by JHake10
According to the AMEX app Platinum and Centurion card members now have access to select LH lounges in MUC when flying LH/Swiss/Austrian.
  • Platinum cardmembers get access to the Lufthansa Business Lounges in the Terminal 2 Satellite when flying Lufthansa, Swiss, or Austrian in any class of service
  • Platinum cardmembers get access to the Lufthansa Senator Lounges in the Terminal 2 Satellite when flying Lufthansa, Swiss, or Austrian in business class
  • Centurion cardmembers get access to the Lufthansa First Class Lounge in the Terminal 2 Satellite when flying Lufthansa, Swiss, or Austrian in any class of service

One Mile at a Time Article

I'm hoping this works out and is expanded to additional LH lounge locations.

I believe the centurion FCT is now discontinued at least for ICC.
JHake10 likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 4:32 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
This is the link that is quoted on OMAAT - on the Amex DE website. As always "permanent" benefits can be withdrawn at any time.

It quotes Plat access but as I understand it, for Cent it is as follows: Complimentary access to Lufthansa First Class, Senator and Business Lounges in the T2 Satellite in Munich Airport, and T1 Concourse B in Frankfurt Airport, regardless of ticket class but with onward flight on LH Group metal (and flight code) i.e. Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian or Brussels.

I did not know any Cent had FCT access previously, which would have been a fantastic benefit.....
JHake10 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.