Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum/Centurion access to LH lounges if flying LH/LX/OS .

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum/Centurion access to LH lounges if flying LH/LX/OS .

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by randompants
Got it. I have the Amex Plat personal card and we'd be aiming to enter the LH Business Lounge. Do you know whether the guest policy there also allows me to bring in a guest? We are on the same flight/ticket. Thanks.
I don't, sorry. I don't have a platinum card so not familiar with the policies on that one.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
I don't, sorry. I don't have a platinum card so not familiar with the policies on that one.
Np thanks. Would love to hear from anyone who has tried to access the LH business lounge as plat + guest.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by randompants
Np thanks. Would love to hear from anyone who has tried to access the LH business lounge as plat + guest.
Here you go:
https://thepointsguy.com/2017/09/ame...lounge-access/

Note: "Guests are not included, but 'certain locations will allow guests for a fee.'”

Regards
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, BAEC bronze, Marriott Platinum
Anyone knows if this benefit is extended beyond May 31st?

Have a flight via Munich in August and would like to know if I can use the senator lounge

thanks
Old May 31, 2018, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Leon1980
Anyone knows if this benefit is extended beyond May 31st?

Have a flight via Munich in August and would like to know if I can use the senator lounge

thanks
Yes was renewed today for another year.

I arrived FRA today and was met at the jetway by a LH rep and informed I could use the LH First Class (Senator) lounge during my connection.
Old May 31, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by sdix
I arrived FRA today and was met at the jetway by a LH rep and informed I could use the LH First Class (Senator) lounge during my connection.
First Class or Senator? FAR from the same thing.
Old May 31, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Slowly Amex is justifying the higher AF. Great benefit for those who fly LH or S* through FRA. Hope they add something to CDG for Delta/SkyTeam lounge access. Have a trip coming up and will be connecting there.

Got a chance to visit the Business lounge by the entrance to the A gates. Really great lounge and capacity. Good view/natural lighting, food options, and even beer taps.
Old May 31, 2018, 5:17 pm

First Class or Senator? FAR from the same thing.
As a Centurion cardholder I (we) are entitled to Lufthansa First Class, Senator and Business lounges.
Old May 31, 2018, 5:41 pm

As a Centurion cardholder I (we) are entitled to Lufthansa First Class, Senator and Business lounges.
I'm aware - used the benefit many times. I just found the invite to the "First/Senator" lounge weird...as if anyone would want to go to the Senator lol

PS - how did LH know in advance you have a Centurion card so they could meet you?
Old May 31, 2018, 6:07 pm

I'm aware - used the benefit many times. I just found the invite to the "First/Senator" lounge weird...as if anyone would want to go to the Senator lol

PS - how did LH know in advance you have a Centurion card so they could meet you?
Booked thru Centurion Travel
Old May 31, 2018, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
while I love the LH FC ground (and air ) experience, it sure ain't worth it to fly thru FRA to (TLV) and suffer in what is basically Y for 4 hours.
Old May 31, 2018, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by entropy
while I love the LH FC ground (and air ) experience, it sure ain't worth it to fly thru FRA to (TLV) and suffer in what is basically Y for 4 hours.
Who offers a better experience between FRA and TLV?

I'd rather "suffer" LH than go hours out of my way to connect....unless you're actually originating elsewhere...and in that case, yeah, connecting in Europe to TLV makes little sense...but then again, this threat wasn't about TLV was it?
Old May 31, 2018, 8:41 pm

Booked thru Centurion Travel
Ah awesome, that explains it...and reaffirms that in my experience Lufthansa has amazing CRM.

I'd be tempted to go back to Centurion Travel, but it's hard to turn down the triple points w Chase Sapphire :/
Old May 31, 2018, 10:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, AMEX Plat (Marriott Gold), AMEX Hilton Aspire (Hilton Diamond)
the LH lounges in MUC are awesome. been there w/ *G, great food, shower, and nap room. the one in the satellite terminal is newer. overall MUC lounges are less crowded than the ones in FRA
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:49 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Great news re FRA addition!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.