Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum/Centurion access to LH lounges if flying LH/LX/OS .

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum/Centurion access to LH lounges if flying LH/LX/OS .

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2021, 6:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by YClass
This is the link that is quoted on OMAAT - on the Amex DE website. As always "permanent" benefits can be withdrawn at any time.

It quotes Plat access but as I understand it, for Cent it is as follows: Complimentary access to Lufthansa First Class, Senator and Business Lounges in the T2 Satellite in Munich Airport, and T1 Concourse B in Frankfurt Airport, regardless of ticket class but with onward flight on LH Group metal (and flight code) i.e. Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian or Brussels.

I did not know any Cent had FCT access previously, which would have been a fantastic benefit.....
What you are reading is what has been the benefit for some time (for German Centurion). There has never been FCT access.
Old May 9, 2021, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by LondonElite
What you are reading is what has been the benefit for some time (for German Centurion). There has never been FCT access.
Has it ever been limited to German Centurion? I had access with my Dutch Centurion to the MUC First Class lounge a few times.
Old May 9, 2021, 9:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I think it is limited to German cards only. Perhaps you got lucky?
Old May 9, 2021, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I thought I posted above that FCL access was a US Centurion benefit too. I used the FCL's at FRA and MUC many times when flying in business class. I hope it comes back, but I haven't even thought about this benefit as it's been about a year and a half since I've flown Lufthansa. I've only flown AF, KL and BA on long haul flights in the last year.
Old May 9, 2021, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I think it is limited to German cards only. Perhaps you got lucky?
Don't think so. The MUC T2 Satellite First Class lounge (and the FRA one) is also featured in the Amex Lounge finder. At least when I access the finder through the .nl site. Not sure whether different country sites see different lounges. I have never seen a reference to German Centurions only.
Old May 10, 2021, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by janwillem
Don't think so. The MUC T2 Satellite First Class lounge (and the FRA one) is also featured in the Amex Lounge finder. At least when I access the finder through the .nl site. Not sure whether different country sites see different lounges. I have never seen a reference to German Centurions only.
Correct, this was not limited to German Centurions.
Old May 10, 2021, 2:48 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Since all LH FCL are closed right now the discussion is rather... Once they reopen I'm sure LH will allow Amex Cent in again as this is much needed revenue.
Old May 11, 2021, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
It's worked seamlessly numerous times on a uk cent card previously just to add data points
Old Jul 18, 2021, 3:12 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
UK Cent can definitely use LH FCL, but only the specific ones noted (great for connecting to UK or international). I believe they are also now open again.

Plat/Cent now also have access to Heathrow T2 lounge now. I've never noticed much difference between Senator and normal lounge - maybe they have something slightly better in terms of drinks. Otherwise basically the same space.

Below is the list of global lounges. Plat can access standard lounge on any ticket, Senator if flying in Business. Centurion has access to highest lounge (F - specific lounges in FRA/MUC, Senator otherwise, no FCT) on any ticket. Must be LH Group flight, no code-share and no Brussels/Eurowings.
_____
  • Berlin (BER)
  • Boston (BOS)
  • Detroit (DTW)
  • Dubai (DXB)
  • Dusseldorf (DUS)
  • Frankfurt (FRA)
  • Hamburg (HAM)
  • Hanover (HAJ)
  • London (LHR)
  • Milan (MXP)
  • Munich (MUC)
  • Newark (EWR)
  • New York (JFK)
  • Paris (CDG)
  • Stuttgart (STR)
  • Washington (IAD)
janwillem likes this.

Last edited by YClass; Jul 18, 2021 at 4:29 am Reason: Update with Full List of Lounges
Old Aug 24, 2021, 4:37 am

Can anybody confirm that any LH-group flight will give access to the first class lounge with Centurion card? (not only LH/LX/OS)

I may have an LH-ticketed but Air Dolomiti operated flight coming up. Air Dolomiti is I think an LH-group airline.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 5:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If its a LH flight number on your boarding pass you are OK. If it shows an EN flight number, no bueno. EN operates a lot of flights for LH on wetlease, so you should be in the former category.
janwillem likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Wilg
Has anyone gotten access to the one in Area A in Frankfurt their Amex card?
I ask this as the Concourse B one listed on the Amex site is closed, yet the Area A Senator lounge is now open (the only one). I wasn't sure if they were honouring access to the A one for now?
Yes. FCL in A gated with Cent and LH flight (incl LH metal).

No access on codeshare that is LH ticketed/flight number. Ie LH Group metal required.

Last edited by YClass; Aug 30, 2021 at 7:34 am Reason: update
Old Aug 30, 2021, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
If its a LH flight number on your boarding pass you are OK. If it shows an EN flight number, no bueno. EN operates a lot of flights for LH on wetlease, so you should be in the former category.
Not what I experienced just now.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 7:47 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by YClass
Not what I experienced just now.
Were you turned away with an LH flight number or admitted with an EN number or...?
Old Aug 30, 2021, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Were you turned away with an LH flight number or admitted with an EN number or...?
Turned away with LH boarding pass, LH flight number but codeshare *A flight. Maybe the fact that they print in big letters the other airline on the boarding pass doesn't help, but one would think they know these things if relevant. The boarding pass did also show the codeshare flight number as well as LH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.