Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USA Business Platinum Offer 100k/$5k+$10k - PUBLIC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Yeah I read about that. I'm not in a rush to get the card so I can use it. I just don't UPS to leave it on floor to sit for a couple weeks. I suppose I can just contact UPS to hold onto it.
UPS MyChoice would let you do that easily - https://www.ups.com/mychoice/
Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
About the AU, I requested one online at time of approval. Will that one come at same time as the primary card, or separate? I didn't call to have that one expedited.
Pretty sure you have to call to expedite, otherwise they'll send it snail mail. Or 2-3day as others have mentioned. Seems random with Amex these days.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:08 pm

Wife applied of my referral offer with new business and $0 business income, instant approval.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Wife was approved for the 100k offer yesterday. In the mail today? Same card, same terms with offer of 150k.

Anyone know if they'll upgrade her offer?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 9:35 pm

Really want to apply but can't figure out how I can spend 15k in 3 months with no ms.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by diseased
Really want to apply but can't figure out how I can spend 15k in 3 months with no ms.
Plastiq? Taxes?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Plastiq? Taxes?
Yes, but those fees get high....When exactly did this offer end? I see most links were pulled around 11pm cst but one is still alive though the terms state the app has to be received by 1/25 to qualify for the bonus.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by diseased
Yes, but those fees get high....When exactly did this offer end? I see most links were pulled around 11pm cst but one is still alive though the terms state the app has to be received by 1/25 to qualify for the bonus.
Was set to end 1/25.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 6:12 pm

They sent my employee's card (same address) next day air but not mine.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 10:57 am

When did the first half of your bonus hit? As of today, I've organically spent $5500 (not including the annual fee) with more in "pending". I know the 1 MR/$ won't hit until statement closing, but I seem to recall bonuses hitting sooner.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 12:31 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...know the 1 MR/$ won't hit until statement closing.
Points from spending in the first statement period will become pending a few days after the first statement is generated, and will post a few days after the second statement. It has always been so:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ints-post.html

Bonus points are unpredictable. They might post a few days after meeting the spending threshold, or they might post weeks after the statement on which the threshold was crossed, as mentioned in the offer terms.

Last edited by mia; Feb 4, 2017 at 5:34 pm
Old Feb 4, 2017, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Points from spending in the first statement period will become pending a few pays after the first statement is generated, and will post a few days after the second statement. It has always been so:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ints-post.html

Bonus points are unpredictable. They might post a few days after meeting the spending threshold, or they might post weeks after the statement on which the threshold was crossed, as mentioned in the offer terms.
Thanks for the info re points for spending.

B/c bonuses are unpredictable, I'd like to hear from some of you guys who've had recent bonuses re when they posted.

Looking back at a personal plat that I got in 2015, I met spend on 9/13 and bonus points hit on 9/15.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 3:56 pm

Thanks for the info re points for spending.

B/c bonuses are unpredictable, I'd like to hear from some of you guys who've had recent bonuses re when they posted.

Looking back at a personal plat that I got in 2015, I met spend on 9/13 and bonus points hit on 9/15.
My wife's platinum bonus posted a couple of days after meeting the spend. Same with my gold card. Both were a shock since I didn't realize the spending requirements had been met.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by JATR4
My wife's platinum bonus posted a couple of days after meeting the spend. Same with my gold card. Both were a shock since I didn't realize the spending requirements had been met.
Good to know. Also suggests the bonus posted before you'd even paid the bill.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 10:40 pm

Good to know. Also suggests the bonus posted before you'd even paid the bill.
My wife's spend was completed on Nov 18 and the bonus credited on Nov 20. No relationship between bonus and payment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.