USA Business Platinum Offer 100k/$5k+$10k - PUBLIC

50k after 5k spend
Another 50k after 10k spend

Link
Old Oct 6, 2016, 7:35 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Just to save someone else the trouble.

As expected:

Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 7:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrjcopp
Just to save someone else the trouble.

As expected:

Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
All Public Offers will have that language.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:41 am

I have a ton of existing MR points and I'd probably use some to book travel right away if I could get the 50 percent return. If I apply for this offer today on the business plat and get approved, does anyone have a sense how long it will take until I'm able to select my airline and use pay with points to get the 50 percent discount? Do I have to wait until I actually have the card and activate it?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by lkar
I have a ton of existing MR points and I'd probably use some to book travel right away if I could get the 50 percent return. If I apply for this offer today on the business plat and get approved, does anyone have a sense how long it will take until I'm able to select my airline and use pay with points to get the 50 percent discount? Do I have to wait until I actually have the card and activate it?
You are generally able to add a newly-approved AmEx card to your existing login (or create a new login) immediately upon approval. I would imagine you could also immediately begin activating/enrolling in the benefits associated with the card. If memory serves, I was able to activate Priority Pass and enroll in SPG Gold before I received my Platinum card when I first was approved.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by bodiddely
You are generally able to add a newly-approved AmEx card to your existing login (or create a new login) immediately upon approval. I would imagine you could also immediately begin activating/enrolling in the benefits associated with the card. If memory serves, I was able to activate Priority Pass and enroll in SPG Gold before I received my Platinum card when I first was approved.
Many thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2016, 9:32 am

Why was the title changed to 100k/$10k when it's 100k/$15k
Old Oct 6, 2016, 9:45 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator reminder

Only the moderator can change thread titles. If you think I have made error, or just want to suggest an improvement, please click the (!) Alert button in the lower left corner of the post.

Note that I live in Miami, and I may not be able to reply immediately today due to the approaching hurricane.

Last edited by mia; Oct 6, 2016 at 2:33 pm
Old Oct 6, 2016, 2:26 pm

Just to clarify, business cards are not subject to Chase 5/24 correct? Also, if you've had the personal Amex Plat, then you are eligble for this bonus, right?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by exoticfusion
Just to clarify, business cards are not subject to Chase 5/24 correct? Also, if you've had the personal Amex Plat, then you are eligble for this bonus, right?
It depends on whether the card is reported on your personal credit report. Some providers, like Capital One, do report them. Chase and Amex don't. I know there's a list running around here, if I can find it before someone else does.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 2:37 pm

Just to clarify, business cards are not subject to Chase 5/24 correct?
As roundtree said, AmEx does not report business cards on your personal credit report, and so this would not effect your eligibility for Chase approvals under the 5/24 rule (they would see the inquiry if they pulled the same bureau, but not a new account).

Also, if you've had the personal Amex Plat, then you are eligble for this bonus, right?
Yes, they are separate products; holding one (or having held it in the past) does not affect your eligibility to earn a bonus on the other.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 2:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bodiddely
Yes, they are separate products; holding one (or having held it in the past) does not affect your eligibility to earn a bonus on the other.
This has been true in the past but with the personal Plat 100k offer earlier in the summer, AMEX did clawback some 100k awards from people who've held any version of the Plat previously.

I suspect that won't happen this time given the hefty spend requirement on the Biz, there won't be a mad rush of applicants. Nonetheless, it's something to consider.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:53 pm

so if i make a 20k purchase i get 30k points right? if i use those 30k to book a flight on united (the airline i choose) i get 15k miles back?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by mileschlinger
so if i make a 20k purchase i get 30k points right? if i use those 30k to book a flight on united (the airline i choose) i get 15k miles back?
So long as it is a single purchase made with the Business Platinum card, yes it would earn 30k MR points. And yes, a 30k MR point flight booked with your selected airline would earn a 15k MR point (not miles) rebate.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 9:29 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mileschlinger
If you do it with the above offer, you'll actually get 130k.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.